Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,596,175
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, I'm counting on Yugix and company finishing this project. That's why no dub of Lost Evolution wouldn't be a big deal. I was pointing out that a translation like this would probably be more accurate than a dub from Bandai.

wekoronshei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think TMS1 was saying Yugix and the team wouldn't finish this translation. I read his post as saying Nintendo and Bandai won't translate it themselves due to them thinking Digimon isn't popular in the West, which is in my opinion completely wrong. In any case keep up the good work Yugix I am still checking this thread every day :)

Unfortunately, it's not a matter of opinion in the west. It's a matter of sales, and Digimon has never sold well here. That's not to say people don't buy the games and merchandise or watch the shows, but that they don't buy/watch enough. Unless there's a sudden spike in sales, I doubt anything Digimon that's released in Japan will be ported here.

If our government here weren't so concerened about money, well, then perhaps we might have nice things. Luckily enough for us, though, we have ordinary people willing to do what corporations will not.

Oh, and good work guys. Here's looking forward to the release.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Digimon has always been popular in my county, especially with my generation (I'm now 21 and I still love Digimon). =3
There were so many great games like Digimon World, Digimon World 3 and a few others, the problem was that there were also some really bad ones, oh, and the digivice thingies, I owed all of them from gen 1 to 4 when I was a kid, it was so awesome... I wish they'd make more of them (it was so awesome using the cards that I got while playing on the official website to unlock new Digimons on my 3rd generation Digivice. *-*

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It Maybe be Sad that Digimon Story:Lost Evolution won´t be coming to the Ocident,it will be nice to Play it in the English USA

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It Maybe be Sad that Digimon Story:Lost Evolution won´t be coming to the Ocident,it will be nice to Play it in the English USA
It might be British English, you never know. =O
(Doesn't it just sound classier at all times?)

hart37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think TMS1 was saying Yugix and the team wouldn't finish this translation. I read his post as saying Nintendo and Bandai won't translate it themselves due to them thinking Digimon isn't popular in the West, which is in my opinion completely wrong. In any case keep up the good work Yugix I am still checking this thread every day :)

Unfortunately, it's not a matter of opinion in the west. It's a matter of sales, and Digimon has never sold well here. That's not to say people don't buy the games and merchandise or watch the shows, but that they don't buy/watch enough. Unless there's a sudden spike in sales, I doubt anything Digimon that's released in Japan will be ported here.

If our government here weren't so concerened about money, well, then perhaps we might have nice things. Luckily enough for us, though, we have ordinary people willing to do what corporations will not.

Oh, and good work guys. Here's looking forward to the release.
Fair point mate. I agree with you too on the work the guys are doing. Keep it up guys

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just a question: In the screenshots I see some 'broken english' (sentences that don't make sense or need to be rearanged). Will that be changed or will you leave it that way?

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be more than willing to help out with fixing broken English. Just let me know if I'm needed/wanted.

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Just a question: In the screenshots I see some 'broken english' (sentences that don't make sense or need to be rearanged). Will that be changed or will you leave it that way?

Of course it will be fixed. Now, we are concentrated on completing the translation then we will fix mistakes or so.

RodrigoSigrist

Trophies
XP
Is there any realease date yet? It's really awesome the work you are doing! Keep working and hope this project could be finished, there are alot of people waiting for the transtale game releasing.

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 1 person

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any realease date yet? It's really awesome the work you are doing! Keep working and hope this project could be finished, there are alot of people waiting for the transtale game releasing.

Please Don´t Ask for a Release Date since the Localization Team will be Releasing it when all things are done

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I Don´t Want to be Disrespectful but Yugix,Will You Translate the Storyline Conversations after all of this are done

Kiger98

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey I got a question I want to know if the patch is going to be on the game or do we have to patch it ourselves and if this was answered already sorry.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey I got a question I want to know if the patch is going to be on the game or do we have to patch it ourselves and if this was answered already sorry.
It will be a patch, we can't host roms so just a patching a rom would be pointless since there'd be no way to distribute it efficiently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to