Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,596,351
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

CrvyloOo

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I really feel, as most fans of the Digimon games and franchise in general surely do, that the patch you have currently really should be released to the public. Most people would almost definitely love to play this game understanding what NEEDS to be understood, which is what seems to be already about %100 complete, myself included. The story is honestly the least important part. Like the Pokemon translations, they are released in sections for a long time, and the story is always done last. And the fact is, they release multiple versions, even though the game they're translating is guaranteed an English release, which these Digimon games however, it is confirmed just the opposite, that they will not be released in English. So it would only be fair (and, well, nice) of you guys to periodically release patches, or at least one now and one final, since most fans would be glad to play the shit out of this game even with the patch in it's current state, and ESPECIALLY since this patch seems to be stuck in a permanent development hell, and isn't being worked on at all lately.
Just my two cents, I fell the Re:Digitize translation will be more than likely heading into the same direction as this one as well, and I just wanted to state my opinion.

Reactions: 1 person

deneric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really feel, as most fans of the Digimon games and franchise in general surely do, that the patch you have currently really should be released to the public. Most people would almost definitely love to play this game understanding what NEEDS to be understood, which is what seems to be already about %100 complete, myself included. The story is honestly the least important part. Like the Pokemon translations, they are released in sections for a long time, and the story is always done last. And the fact is, they release multiple versions, even though the game they're translating is guaranteed an English release, which these Digimon games however, it is confirmed just the opposite, that they will not be released in English. So it would only be fair (and, well, nice) of you guys to periodically release patches, or at least one now and one final, since most fans would be glad to play the shit out of this game even with the patch in it's current state, and ESPECIALLY since this patch seems to be stuck in a permanent development hell, and isn't being worked on at all lately.
Just my two cents, I fell the Re:Digitize translation will be more than likely heading into the same direction as this one as well, and I just wanted to state my opinion.

1. Come on buddy, if you're going to write a big paragraph about it, at least skim the thread beforehand. What you're saying isn't anything new, it's just longer.
2. Why is that the only fair option? They're doing something they have absolutely no obligation to simply because they're cool guys. They have the right to release it however they want, and to expect anything else is, ironically, unfair.
3. It was updated, literally, two days ago. At least pretend you have evidence to back up the things you say.

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hi,

I had similar thoughts like you before sometime ago. But, I was working in other translation and the patch was snatched by some guy who said that he was the one did all the things in it and that left us in a shock. So, I and others whom working in this project thought that doing so may give the same result unless we has some proof to say that we are the one doing it (like titlescreen and so).
And on the translation, you should check the edit date in the first post to verify what you said.

Last thing, I said before, we will only release patch when all data (beside story) are translated and revised. Which I hope it will be soon (as fast as we doing it, it will be about 1 - 2 months if all errors fixed).

Reactions: 3 people

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry, is there something wrong with the direction this translation is going? If you don't like it, look for another group of very dedicated people who want to translate a full game.
And then again with these half baked patches, you'll only disappoint yourself when you eventually get up to a bit you need to read and realise you can't do it.
The Re:digitise time are also working very hard and deserve just a little bit of respect for the progress they made in a short time. Stop being a patch shark and remember that both teams are doing us a service, not a given. They have the right to set their own conditions and like it or not, we have to listen and respect them.

Reactions: 2 people

darcangel

Lovely Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Hi,

I had similar thoughts like you before sometime ago. But, I was working in other translation and the patch was snatched by some guy who said that he was the one did all the things in it and that left us in a shock. So, I and others whom working in this project thought that doing so may give the same result unless we has some proof to say that we are the one doing it (like titlescreen and so).
And on the translation, you should check the edit date in the first post to verify what you said.

Last thing, I said before, we will only release patch when all data (beside story) are translated and revised. Which I hope it will be soon (as fast as we doing it, it will be about 1 - 2 months if all errors fixed).
2 months? perfect dude!
I will be waiting for this patch, and your finished work too...

And then you will be releasing a new patch as soon the story will be getting done right?

Cool!! I will try to only play as soon the final patch is done! And I believe in your work, the screens looks perfect

darklordfang404

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hi,

2 months? perfect dude!

And then you will be releasing a new patch as soon the story will be getting done right?

Cool!! I will try to only play as soon the final patch is done! And I believe in your work, the screens looks perfect
He hasn't released any patch yet he unlike most people only want's it to be perfect before the release so he doesn't go "Well, I guess this is good enough"

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

The story is about equally important as the gameplay to me...
Getting to know what comes next in the story is 3/4 of a games fun for me.
As good as the gameplay may be, if the story is bad or I can't understand it it's just not fun for me.
But like I said that's personal.

Reactions: 6 people

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
2 months? perfect dude!

Well, this is an estimation that I hope it will be true. It depends on the other factors like graphics fixing and whatever.

He hasn't released any patch yet he unlike most people only want's it to be perfect before the release so he doesn't go "Well, I guess this is good enough"

Thanks, not only this. I hate to play a translation which is half translated (like that time I played Pokemon TCG GB2 Translation which is not complete). So, that's why I try to finish it so there will be little fixes (if there any) + story.

The story is about equally important as the gameplay to me...
Getting to know what comes next in the story is 3/4 of a games fun for me.
As good as the gameplay may be, if the story is bad or I can't understand it it's just not fun for me.
But like I said that's personal.

Yeah, I was on the Yu-Gi-Oh! TF6 translation team. I was disappointed when we couldn't translate the story because of limitation of file. And I saw the people frustration over it.
TBH, I played it but I thought there is something missing since I couldn't understand the story.

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Story is the biggest thing for me too, since I've never really been wowed by a Digimon game's gameplay. I want to know the big stuff, like what Selector's up to, and fun little stuff like connections to previous games in the Story series. If I didn't care about the storyline, I have enough of a working knowledge of Japanese that I could probably play the game without a translation, so with me it's story or nothing.

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Story is the biggest thing for me too, since I've never really been wowed by a Digimon game's gameplay. I want to know the big stuff, like what Selector's up to, and fun little stuff like connections to previous games in the Story series. If I didn't care about the storyline, I have enough of a working knowledge of Japanese that I could probably play the game without a translation, so with me it's story or nothing.
Well I managed to beat the game with very minimal knowledge of Japanese, so it's definitely doable. Though I would love to replay it and actually have more of a concept of what was going on. Hence why I'm helping however I can with this.

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Yes, Story is important but also is too hard and too time consuming to translate as we still didn't finish descriptions.

Also, I was checking the Story Doc and I saw some stupid and irresponsible changes in the text of story. Some one just delete some lines to change it to "FINISH THE PATCH" or some flaming like this. So, I think of not using that doc now. I think that I will host it in my Google Drive and any one wants to translate will given access to it.

BTW, the Digimon profiles + Quest descriptions are finished now. I will move now to attacks desc.

Reactions: 2 people

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some one just delete some lines to change it to "FINISH THE PATCH" or some flaming
And yet its that kind of crap which stops you finishing the patch :unsure:
Keep it between the translators because unfortunately the 10% of the public who are idiots will continue to spoil it for the 90% who are responsible.

Reactions: 7 people

yugix

Sleepy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I added this to the first post. Also, the first post has been updated.

Link to Story Translation Doc:
https://spreadsheets...uthkey=CKPt1YYG

I will not use this doc. If anyone want to contribute in the translation of story doc, send me PM.

I was checking the Story Doc and I saw some stupid and irresponsible changes in the text of story. Some one just delete some lines to change it to "FINISH THE PATCH" or some flaming like this. So, I think of not using this doc now. I think that I will host it in my Google Drive and any one wants to translate will given access to it.

Reactions: 3 people

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I will not use this doc. If anyone want to contribute in the translation of story doc, send me PM.

I was checking the Story Doc and I saw some stupid and irresponsible changes in the text of story. Some one just delete some lines to change it to "FINISH THE PATCH" or some flaming like this. So, I think of not using this doc now. I think that I will host it in my Google Drive and any one wants to translate will given access to it.
I hate when people say "FINISH THE PATCH,C'MON".They make it sound like it's really easy.To whoever wrote that in the documents,translating a complete Japanese game isn't that easy.Try doing it yourselves.You wouldn't like to be told that,would you?This takes time,hold your horses.Patience is a virtue.

jarodm3042

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously people, do you really want to play a game that has a good story and then have it drop off back to Japanese. Of Course Not. Give this some time. If all your going to say is hurry up and release the patch then don't even come to this forum because it won't be out till' the translation is finished.

deneric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

what a stupid thing to do!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==