Difference between Mac and PC users (infographic)

shamiko_

~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
The humble infographic is a sure-fire way of taking meaningless data and showing it in a colorful, picture-laden way and this one is no different. Originally put together by Hunch and reported by Mashable, this particular infographic shows the results of data taken from 700,000 users visiting Hunch.com. The result is an insight into the differences between Mac and PC users – some of which will surprise you, some won’t.

The gist us thus – Mac users tend to be fans of modern art, eat hummus and watch HBO while PC fans prefer impressionist art, like tuna fish and watch the History Channel.

Check out the full graphic for more interesting insights into the way we work based on our computer of choice.

jpIE4.jpg

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Yes, pic is broken and damn, Macs are PCs too.

Also, I don't watch TV, hate tuna and dislike impressionism.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ikki said:
Yes, pic is broken and damn, Macs are PCs too.
qw.png

Bool story co.

AlanJohn said:
QUOTE(Mazor @ Apr 24 2011, 10:22 PM) No it's not broken, that's just your North American internet being typically slow.
I don't live in North America
mellow.gif
That's not required to have, or implied by having, North American (READ: Derp tier) internet.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mac people are 13% more likely than PC people to say they want to be "percieved as unique and different to make my own mark." Just like every other Mac person.
52% of Mac users would go for the Vespa. Hipsters.

Oh.. and spelling "source" as "sauce" just makes you a tool.

Jasper07

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hah:
"Mac people are 21% more likely than PC people to consider themselves computer-savvy gearheads"

How can they say they know much about computers when they buy a mac?
Well that's probably because they looked quickly though all the specs so they can boast about 'how good their mac is'.
Ofcourse there are people who do know that they could've better bought a pc, because the price/prestation ratio is way better, but that's ok.

biggrin.gif
sorry if I'm offending everyone with this, it's not my intention.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My suspicions are confirmed:

A majority of Mac users are turtleneck wearing hipsters.

Their are some actually savvy people who understand the pros and cons of a Mac but I find an overwhelming majority are just hipster douches that buy them because they want to seem "cool" or something. That's in my school at least.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
AlanJohn said:
Mazor said:
No it's not broken, that's just your North American internet being typically slow.
I don't live in North America
mellow.gif
Well you sure as hell don't live in South America. North America is that bit Canada is attached to. The other country you share with is the USA

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Guild McCommunist said:

Their are some actually savvy people who understand the pros and cons of a Mac but I find an overwhelming majority are just hipster douches that buy them because they want to seem "cool" or something. That's in my school at least.
That's pretty much all the Mac people I know.

Also, it's not Mac and PC users as it is Mac and PC fanboys. I use a PC but I wouldn't call myself a "PC person".

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
Guild McCommunist said:

That's pretty much all the Mac people I know.

Also, it's not Mac and PC users as it is Mac and PC fanboys. I use a PC but I wouldn't call myself a "PC person".

The only thing more retarded than fanboys is the ones who claim they buy macs just to put windows on them.

Oh wait....

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
Works fine here, pic doesn't load in the thread but clicking the link still works.

QUOTE said:
Well you sure as hell don't live in South America. North America is that bit Canada is attached to. The other country you share with is the USA

Ukraine is in Eastern Europe, not North America.
tongue.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OmegaVesko said:
Works fine here, pic doesn't load in the thread but clicking the link still works.

QUOTE said:

Ukraine is in Eastern Europe, not North America.
tongue.gif
Look in his mini-bio thing on the side
"From: Canada, New Jersey"
Canada is a country, New Jersey is a State in the US... so who knows (and really, who cares) where he's from.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And his flag is set to Ukraine.

As for my observations on Macs: all students at this university get laptops as part of their tuition. Everyone gets a low-end Thinkpad, unless you declare some sort of art major, in which case you're eligible to get a free Macbook with a full Adobe suite preinstalled. Of everyone I know who's got a Macbook, all of them are either hipsters or pretentious, holier-than-thou douchebags.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
FireEmblemGuy said:
And his flag is set to Ukraine.

As for my observations on Macs: all students at this university get laptops as part of their tuition. Everyone gets a low-end Thinkpad, unless you declare some sort of art major, in which case you're eligible to get a free Macbook with a full Adobe suite preinstalled. Of everyone I know who's got a Macbook, all of them are either hipsters or pretentious, holier-than-thou douchebags.

Yeah, apple is those things. They say macs aren't PC's, when they are. Mac commercials in first hand teach one wrong thing about both things. Plus, PC = windows operating system. Sure, they cannot say "windows" because that would REALLY be illegal. To say, Mac commercials do not even exist as they are in europe areas because they are directly, or borderline illegal here, THAT KIND OF ADVERTISING is considered illegal (talking shit about competitive product). Also, PC's include also all UNIX based systems, Linux and all million distros, Sun os, and so on. saying "PC" would make a need to include all these too.

I basically do not like the way apple goes about advertising. And I do not like type of person who buys their Mac without thinking this stuff. IF you do have a thing about all that, but still need mac system specifically for something, or just prefer it, ok. Hardware is also overpriced to hell. And it has NOTHING special over normal PC of same price. just few bios block codes in motherboard. As for OS, I never used MAC os, I know about things that do work there. I know unix based systems and tried mac. Just saying: mac for a new computer user is no harder than Ubuntu, and I'd still say Windows has same friendliness. as I tried, the thing is that mac is too limited for poweruser, I tried to find system discs etc. before the system crashes (virtual machine, not fault of the OS), but cannot ever figure out it. It is harder than on linux even.

Anyway: Apple products are overpriced for the hardware, but otherwise viable. There is though thing in advertising way itself that already tells that apple is selling themselves to people who are computer inane and/or stupid and/or gullible for misinformation - I am saying this about the advertising though, and it is biggest point I hate about them.

What I like about apple? Well, I liked iPod line as whole as music players - yes they are overpriced as fuck and iTunes is... iTunes, but iPod was first library based music player I've seen with fast enough UI in portable device to get through all of that.

I choose windows still. Over Linux. Only for one reason: GAMES. and no, I tried linux and games, results was - diabolical disappointment.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw this infograph a couple days ago, and the first thing that lept to mind was that many of these differences could be simply attributed to economic status.

Macs generally cost more money, so it would make sense that the average Mac user was wealthier than the average non-Mac user.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o