Hacking Did they abandon the M3 Simply?

Hareware

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When are these guys going to release a new firmware? I have 1.14 and my M3 Simply can't play most of the games that were released in the last 5 months. It's getting ridiculous.

It's been 5 months of good NDS releases, exactly the time period since the last update. Trauma Center 2, FF4, Grid, Kirby SSU, Disgaea, Lock's Quest, just to name a few... and none of them work.

What's going on?

Twiggy12

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hareware said:
When are these guys going to release a new firmware? I have 1.14 and my M3 Simply can't play most of the games that were released in the last 5 months. It's getting ridiculous.

It's been 5 months of good NDS releases, exactly the time period since the last update. Trauma Center 2, FF4, Grid, Kirby SSU, Disgaea, Lock's Quest, just to name a few... and none of them work.

What's going on?
try r4 firmware...or of cause ysmenu since m3 simply is clone just use ys menu to r4 guide

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've always wondered why the R4 Team didn't just give the R4 source code to the M3 Team, so that they could continue updating the M3 Simply.

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
Your best bet would be to use YSMenu or the R4DS firmware as Twiggy12 has stated. But to use the R4DS firmware, I think some patching is involved, although I cannot remember what exactly. I'm sorry for being of little help to you. ._.

Twiggy12

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
sonicrax said:
Your best bet would be to use YSMenu or the R4DS firmware as Twiggy12 has stated. But to use the R4DS firmware, I think some patching is involved, although I cannot remember what exactly. I'm sorry for being of little help to you. ._.

you mean i was of some use for once!? yay i helped!

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hareware said:

What's going on?

The R4 team died, so the M3 Simply won't get any more updates. Get the YSMenu, or get a brand new cart. I'd prefer to do the second one.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they stopped updating it since anybody who really wanted an update could easily hack the R4 firmware to run on M3 Simply. Well, now since R4 team is hanging it up, then I guess they probably won't update it. I'm so happy that those were the first cards I got rid of from my collection.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well as someone mentioned
R4 and m3 simply came from the same factory
if the r4 received an "officia"l firmware update then the m3 will pretty much recieve the exact same update gamefixes ect

the m3 then made the real which is made to follow the simply
the r4 however did nothing and now its dead, and so is support for both the r4 and m3 simply

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kirby SSU works fine on my M3Simply @ v1.14. Don't know about the others you mentioned.

Edit: Kirby SSU locks up on the menu sometimes, but works fine after power off / power on. Lots of people have this issue and it can be patched.

Hareware

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the info, I didn't know the team was dead. Damn...

What are currently the best carts and how much do they cost? After I got the Simply I kinda stopped following the NDS scene releases.

Basically I want something similar to the R4/Simply, a good slot-1 solution that accepts my microSD card and that is likely to keep getting updates for a good while.

I will search for more info on that YSMenu thing too.

Thanks again.

PVB1970

Trophies
XP
Country
HIYA-I'VE GOT THE M3 SIMPLY WITH V.1.14 & I HAVE PLAYED THOSE GAMES SUCCESFULLY-PLUS I THINK IT IS A REALLY GOOD CARD,NEVER HAD ANY PROBS WITH IT-BUT I HAVE AN EDGE CARD AS WELL,JUST FOR FUN-SHAME THEY SH**CANNED IT-STILL USE IT EVERY DAY-TRY DEAL EXTREME IF YOU WANT TO REPLACE/UPDATE-THEY ARE CHEAP & RELIABLE-HAPPY SHOPPING

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
PVB1970 said:
HIYA-I'VE GOT THE M3 SIMPLY WITH V.1.14 & I HAVE PLAYED THOSE GAMES SUCCESFULLY-PLUS I THINK IT IS A REALLY GOOD CARD,NEVER HAD ANY PROBS WITH IT-BUT I HAVE AN EDGE CARD AS WELL,JUST FOR FUN-SHAME THEY SH**CANNED IT-STILL USE IT EVERY DAY-TRY DEAL EXTREME IF YOU WANT TO REPLACE/UPDATE-THEY ARE CHEAP & RELIABLE-HAPPY SHOPPING
How old are you?

PVB1970

Trophies
XP
Country
I AM 15.
lecture.gif

bogie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkoReed said:
I recommend use this firmware isn't original but work for every of the new games.

M3 Simply

http://rapidshare.com/files/110032388/M3_S..._By_Huertas.rar

R4

http://rapidshare.com/files/110033238/R4DS..._By_Huertas.rar

Is a firmware developed by ElOtrolado.net.

If any have a problem plese tell me.

Man, I just made an account on this forums to tell you, I LOVE YOU :|

I've had a couple games I've been wanting to try on my M3 Simply, and have tried some other custom firmwares, but somehow manage to mess something up somehow, but this works flawlessly
happy.gif

So a big thanks to you DarkoReed for informing me of this, and ElOtrolado.net for making it
happy.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
bogie said:
DarkoReed said:
I recommend use this firmware isn't original but work for every of the new games.

M3 Simply

http://rapidshare.com/files/110032388/M3_S..._By_Huertas.rar

R4

http://rapidshare.com/files/110033238/R4DS..._By_Huertas.rar

Is a firmware developed by ElOtrolado.net.

If any have a problem plese tell me.

Man, I just made an account on this forums to tell you, I LOVE YOU :|

I've had a couple games I've been wanting to try on my M3 Simply, and have tried some other custom firmwares, but somehow manage to mess something up somehow, but this works flawlessly
happy.gif

So a big thanks to you DarkoReed for informing me of this, and ElOtrolado.net for making it
happy.gif
That Firmware is the same exact firmware made by the R4 team except it has been patched by Yasu's cheat patch, thats it. I just did a bye to byte comparison of the files "made by Huertas" and the original firmware and they are 99% the same.

Psyren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*is very glad she found this thread*

Yeah, I myself was wondering the same questions, but it looks like I'll have to be upgrading to a new cart as well soon then. (which is a bummer, considering I've gotten great mileage out of this cart) Well, if one is going to upgrade might as well do it right. I'll do some research and see which cart is overall the better buy for my needs. (quick firmware updates, fast loading, allows for cheat files, etc)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-