Hacking did realhotstuff send me a fake?

hsace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emailed rhs and was told the supplier sold them the fake r4 at same price as the real ones. When they received the 2nd shipment, they noticed the difference. They questioned the supplier and were told these were new design. They thought the fake r4 will not load the official r4 firmware (the ones they got loaded the firmware without any problem) and trusted the supplier.

They now realized the problem and they will do anything possible to correct the mistake. They will also send out a free NDSL screen protector when they ship out the real r4 for replacement.

I had purchased from rhs many times and they always replied back to my email quickly. I trust them and I do believe this was a honest mistake. All the r4 I got from them were real. I was told the batch was a small one and it should not affect too many customers.

bludwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it's true. i think they took a chance there. it also looks like they're not a small-time supplier so for them to be easily lied to is suspect.

I wouldn't worry, though, as people said, you'll either get a refund or a replacement. However, I still doubt that they were completely oblivious. I think they hoped that people wouldn't kick up a fuss too much; unfortunately, people did.

Zhuzhu is also right, it's not as if fakes only came out last week. They've been around since January.

hsace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a note that I missed to mention. They did say that they had never seen a fake r4 so they did not know they got a batch of fake r4 until customers complained and they searched for them to confirm that they are indeed fake.

IHN02

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From RHS:

"We will ship it out today with a tracking number.

We'll send you the r4 in blue case. The rest of the stuffs are the same. You can return the r4 in the blue case back to us."

So, yeah... excellent customer service. Kind has to be when their rep is on the line though.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
An NDSL screen protector will be included in the replacement R4 to compensate our customers for suffering the pain.
Ooh! A screen protector!

Anyways. It seems to be the R4 that actually loads the real firmware. But there is reason to be suspicious as the fakes were out for quite a while, the recent price increase, and they also sell the R4III right under the original. If anymore things happen, it'd be really bad for RHS, but I trust them enough and I wouldn't know why anyone would buy an R4 anymore. I really think that they didn't know. If you really suspect something, just don't buy from them again.

IHN02

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And yes, it's a clone that literally fits the bill. It runs the official firmware and game freezes for me are very uncommon. It honestly works well enough to just deal with in most cases, but it's not what I paid for and I'd like to update my firmware come 9/15 if ahtin's report comes to fruition.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rather than trying to get your fake R4's replaced, why not get a different flashcart and send the original one back to RHS?

hsace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there are R4 lovers and R4 haters in the forum. The R4 haters, please respect the R4 lovers here. Stop trashing the R4.

This is the forum for R4. I believe most of the members who visit here love the R4. If you love other flashcards, please go to their forums. I don't think people will care about trashing R4 there.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hsace said:
I know there are R4 lovers and R4 haters in the forum. The R4 haters, please respect the R4 lovers here. Stop trashing the R4.

This is the forum for R4. I believe most of the members who visit here love the R4. If you love other flashcards, please go to their forums. I don't think people will care about trashing R4 there.

You cant tell people where to go or what to look at. Its the peoples problems if they want to trash the r4. People cant talk about r4 alot in other sections because this is the R4 section.

hsace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sure members in other forums will be happy to hear someone trash R4 in their forums. They will not be happy to hear someone trash the flashcard they like in their own forum.

I am not asking them to go to other forums, I am asking them to respect the members (R4 lovers) here.

bludwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think there is any R4 bashing/humping here, so I've no idea where that one came from.

Bottomline is, the thread starter got sent a fake R4 by a supposedly-reputable company. Don't bait people into hijacking this thread...

As far as I'm concerned, flash carts serve the same purpose and it's really nitpicking or being OC when one fights tooth and nail for the sake of brand loyalty concerning this.

Face it, we all know what they're there for.

And is there really any honour among thieves? You'd be a fool to expect that.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well personally I wasn't ever impressed with the real R4 that I got internally. Open it up and it looks like one of those quartz watches from the 1980's with the glob of goo covering the microchip. It's a real R4.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i got a response to send back the card and that they would give me a full refund including the shipping back to them.

the reason i purchased this was for a gift. i own one, it is a very solid card that does everything well. i've been very happy with it and now that they are around $30 it seemed like a good idea at the time. every card has bashable points, things that go wrong, issues with the "team", problems with DOA, whatever. people should just buy what they like and enjoy it for what it is. bottom line.

i would have exchanged it for a different flash kit but 1st impressions go a long way. they screwed up, but they did make it right. i am 50/50 right now until i get my refund.

-another world

bwsaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am thinking about getting an r4 from them soon. Does anyone know if they're still handing out fakes?
ohmy.gif

bwsaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet
nyanya.gif
Someone on another topic said that they dont sell r4s anymore or something...any truth to this? I think its on the Topic, Questions before I buy my r4, or something like that.

bwsaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Some people posted a few days ago that RHS was down, but the website is running and everything. Not sure if this means it is back up, or just that you wont get your shipment. Maybe I should make a topic?

AgentsAreGo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: I'm a paranoid fool who didn't look close enough at his own box to notice obvious differences between mine and the photo. It's pretty convincing to say the least though. The contents including the case and the card reader are identical.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...