OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello Everyone,

Before i get to my issue there is a bit of backstory:

So I have an EU Release PS3 60GB. Bought it on release.
Of course I've got YLOD serveral times over the years until i damaged the CELL processor (while I tried to pull off the heatsink that is glued on the chip).
Therefore, I shoved my PS3 into the corner for a long time.

Then i found a 60GB PS3 online for relatively cheap. The Owner said she doesn't know if it works because she has no cables... That should have been a red flag but I bought it anyways.

When it arrived i realized that the warranty Sticker was still on. I was happy but something was off..
After setting it up it did not power on. Had no power at all.
Then I realized that the cover (where "Playstation 3" is written") looked weired and also was somehow loose.
I was able to lift the cover up a bit without getting the screw out wich is behind the warranty sticker. After lifting it up a little I saw that a Sick bastard broke the original cover to get inside the console and after he was done he used superglue to fix the fake cover back on.

After opening the console i saw that the power supply was missing and one of the connectors (cant remember if it was the cooling fan) was broken.
So i was able to fix the broken connector and i used my power supply with the board which looked fine.

And after getting everything back togehether and hooking it up, it actually boots without getting YLOD.

Now we are getting to my problem:

I get no Video out whatsoever.
Of course I've tried multiple cables (HDMI and Standard composite) I pressed the ON/OFF switch until the second beeb so the Video settings will reset. I even tried multiple TVs.
I can tell the PS3 is running. It takes in BluRays, It connects to my Controller, the fan spins, the BluRays spin and so on...

So is there anything I can do?
Or did I really buy a PS3 with a broken GPU? I thought there would be some sort of "YLOD" when the GPU is broken. But it looks like it just turns on without problems.

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh that's a good question, I forgot that there's one on the PS3. It should be a different chip but I don't know much of PS3 internals so I can't tell. I've just seen that there's a lot of videos about fixing display out issues on YouTube

Reactions: Talha_Yilmaz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night