Hacking Did I just brick my Acekard 2i?

snaykey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Today I got my DSi XL and an Acekard 2i with a DSi compatible sticker on it. I followed instructions I found here in order to update my fw to 1.4 by using an old DSLite; however, when update was finished neither of the two systems recognize the card ("no game card is inserted").

I searched a bit on the issue but the things I found were really discouraging, so please tell me what should I do?

Thank you.

snaykey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So there is practically no way I can fix it. The problem is in the card not in what I did so the time the next one ships I should repeat the same steps?

snaykey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it was

EDIT: As far as I understood, I'll need a new Acekard 2i(since the distributor won't send me a new one for I live in Bulgaria) and I'll run the update process through it onto the bricked one.

snaykey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I got that part, but unfortunately I don't have any other flashcarts. Guess I'll have to wait.

Thanks.

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
snaykey said:
Yes, I got that part, but unfortunately I don't have any other flashcarts. Guess I'll have to wait.

Thanks.
I think I saw a site that sold Acekards, fellow bulgarian, I need to search for it.
Or you can PM me and maybe we can work something out
biggrin.gif

snaykey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I already got mine and as a friend of mine saw my purchase, he asked if I could order the same for him. So I guess I'm going to unbrick mine using his.
smile.gif

masher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have same kinda issue...

Got a new acekard 2i from 0day

Installed AKAIO last night, put on me roms....all okay
played on my DS last night to test all okay.
Tried on friends DS XL Ver 1.4 E
Comes up no cart inserted....

Tried again in my DS Lite and just got white screen on both, done the paper trick, still didnt work....tried a different sd card from another acekard i got nothing....
Tried the sd card from the Acekard that is not working in my working acekard and it works....

Now i formatted the SD card again, done the paper trick again...also tried the brick updater and the progress bar does not get past 0%

i guess it is fooked?!

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
masher said:
i have same kinda issue...

Got a new acekard 2i from 0day

Installed AKAIO last night, put on me roms....all okay
played on my DS last night to test all okay.
Tried on friends DS XL Ver 1.4 E
Comes up no cart inserted....

Tried again in my DS Lite and just got white screen on both, done the paper trick, still didnt work....tried a different sd card from another acekard i got nothing....
Tried the sd card from the Acekard that is not working in my working acekard and it works....

Now i formatted the SD card again, done the paper trick again...also tried the brick updater and the progress bar does not get past 0%

i guess it is fooked?!
What guide are you following? if you are following the stickied at the top of the forum, there is some wrong information in there which will result in the update sitting at 0%. Follow this one instead http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...-acekard#update

As for the XL not seeing it, pull the cart out slightly, again as in the guide http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...your-acekard#12

masher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Tried that earlier, downloaded the new updater, still sits on 0% it is like it is not reconizing the card now....strange...anyways mailed 0day shipping and see if they can send a replacement.....cheers

masher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, they have responded to my mail, they say they check the cards before shipping, in anycase i just hope they can send me another
smile.gif
Really Strange though
frown.gif

masher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Soz to drag up a old topic, alas i sent the card back 4 weeks ago....0DSZ have still not sent me a replacement, they said they will send when the old one arrives, alas they must have it by now...i dont want to do a paypal claim, but not happy at mo
frown.gif

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, sorry for late answer, but your problem was not with BRICKing your AK2i, but BAD CONTACTS.
PAPER TRICK WILL DO THAT!
The same thing happend to me too, and piece of paper will HELP
biggrin.gif

masher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
penthaler said:
Hi, sorry for late answer, but your problem was not with BRICKing your AK2i, but BAD CONTACTS.
PAPER TRICK WILL DO THAT!
The same thing happend to me too, and piece of paper will HELP
biggrin.gif

hi i tried paper trick before sending it back, it was knacks...never mind i am sure i will get another

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0