Hacking Did I delete IOS files?

northernmonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

I've previously softmodded a mates wii and now have one for my daughter.

Feel free to flame me now, let's get it out of the way....... I didn't take a nand back up.
unsure.gif

Still reading? Good!

During the install process I think i got carried away pressing the A button whilst deleting IOS's.

The Wii (4.2E) still loads hbc, uloader and neogamma but won't load discs, just comes up with error 2 (on both programs). It will however load from HDD (tested on a friends, haven't got one yet) although it would be handy to also load from disc.

Does anyone know what I may have done, is there a way to get it back having not taken a Nand back up or is it just a setting somewhere?

Original games still load ok, and I have tried different media, ones that are known to work in a friends wii also.

TIA, sorry for being a knob and not taking a Nand!

D

Deleted member 180466

northernmonkey said:
Hello!

I've previously softmodded a mates wii and now have one for my daughter.

Feel free to flame me now, let's get it out of the way....... I didn't take a nand back up.
unsure.gif

Still reading? Good!

During the install process I think i got carried away pressing the A button whilst deleting IOS's.

The Wii (4.2E) still loads hbc, uloader and neogamma but won't load discs, just comes up with error 2 (on both programs). It will however load from HDD (tested on a friends, haven't got one yet) although it would be handy to also load from disc.

Does anyone know what I may have done, is there a way to get it back having not taken a Nand back up or is it just a setting somewhere?

Original games still load ok, and I have tried different media, ones that are known to work in a friends wii also.

TIA, sorry for being a knob and not taking a Nand!

Welcome to GBATemp, the forum, northernmonkey!
smile.gif

Unfortunately, no new Wii units support the DVDs anymore! But you can use a hard drive to your Wii and play games and that are much better than to play burned games! You may like to check out these guides we have here on the forum about how to play games from a hard drive to your wii!
smile.gif

/GHBAimen

EDIT: Read your post again and saw that you have already tried to play games from the hard drive on your Wii. xD Then I think you should use it instead!
smile.gif

northernmonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the welcoming reply mate, especially as I'm here due to me doing something wrong! )I will read, and read and read though!)

I should have explained better, the wii is a few years old now, my sister sent it to me after buying a new one, as apparently this one went bad by only displaying in black and white (She was trying to force ntsc on a pal system!)

I'm sure I must have done something wrong, i just can't figure out what!

Gao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can use USB loaders, and not getting any system errors from your Wii, then you haven't deleted any of the IOS that were important, and stated above, if you have one of the new recent Wii's you can't play any Disc Backups. I'd suggest to make a NAND backup while you still can, before you mess up anything else. =P

D

Deleted member 180466

northernmonkey said:
Thanks for the welcoming reply mate, especially as I'm here due to me doing something wrong! )I will read, and read and read though!)

I should have explained better, the wii is a few years old now, my sister sent it to me after buying a new one, as apparently this one went bad by only displaying in black and white (She was trying to force ntsc on a pal system!)

I'm sure I must have done something wrong, i just can't figure out what!

Update cIOS in your Wii and download the latest NeoGamma! But first do a NAND backup before it gets worse! If you now have BootMii!
smile.gif

/GHBAimen

northernmonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gao said:
I'd suggest to make a NAND backup while you still can, before you mess up anything else. =P

Sounds like a plan! Lol

Ok, thanks for your advice everyone. I did do some research (obvioulsy not enough!) And knew the newer wii's wouldn't load from disc, I figured as this was a old unit (at least 2 years old) that it would.

Looks like USB is the way to go anyway.

Thanks again,

northernmonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
do an online official nintendo update then proceed with the guide stickied on the top of this forum to mod any wii.

Edit: Oh yeah, you told us to flame away. I love it when I get permission.
"You fucking useless moron. You should never touch any piece of electronics again. Hell you could brick a tv remote. WTF is wrong with you noob?" j/k
biggrin.gif

Good luck.
Pmsl! I deserved that, and probably more! Will it still update even though it's at 4.2E already?

If i can get it back to normal and start again, that'll be great. I did read the guide on virginizing, but it had a high risk and looked complicated so I left it alone!

First things first after getting it back to normal, nand back up, back up, back up .................

northernmonkey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers buddy.

I'll give that a go tomorrow now, I'll take a nand, update, re-hack, take a seperate nand and see if it works! How much difference would using an actual 2gb SD card make and not less than 2GB? It's all I had around!

It's bedtime for us in the UK!

Thanks for your advice, i'll report back and let you know if that's sorted it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun