Hacking DEX cFW update to reBUG cFW 4.21 problem

Have you converted your console to DEX from CEX?

• No... I hate it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.. I wish I could convert it to DEX

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my.dex-flash.eido.norbin is a modified dump that turned your console in DEX. Original should have CEX in it. Or it can be called flash_stor_35500.bin.
There is a fresh manual about converting. Creator promises that its legit. I'll wait for first comments http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-g...-simply-work-sure-always-no-brick-124824.html

As for the dongle... It only needs if you bricked your PS3. It can put in service mode and recover it.
Alright, thanks for the clarification :) I'm also curious about his method maybe I could a cex norbin and then use the other guide to convert back since there are more people trying that method and have better support. GBAtempers any suggestions/opinions are advisable right now befor I do something stupid lol

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also use a psp; they are a lot easier to come by...

That's pretty neat albeit the video does give much info other then how easy it is lol I don't remember the little usb port on top of the PSP but then again I bought the PSP for my wife and she was the only one that really played it.

Do you know offhand if the PSP can have cFW on it or does it need to be oFW & what FW#? cause I've just sent it into Devin for screen repairs and plan on modding it when I get it back.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
That's pretty neat albeit the video does give much info other then how easy it is lol I don't remember the little usb port on top of the PSP but then again I bought the PSP for my wife and she was the only one that really played it.

Do you know offhand if the PSP can have cFW on it or does it need to be oFW & what FW#? cause I've just sent it into Devin for screen repairs and plan on modding it when I get it back.
PSP can be used as a dongle. So if you DO brick, then not everything is lost just yet. Manual of how to try to convert you already have.
I have a psp myself, but I heard that not everybody have suceseed.

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bricked my PS3 when I tried to revert back to CEX. Borrowed cousin's PSP, used that as a FSM dongle with PS3JIG and my PS3 is back alive again. No hardware flasher was needed :)
The PSP was on some 5.50 Prom-2 thing. PS3JIG wasn't working on that CFW. Flashed 5.50 GEN D3 on the PSP and PS3JIG ran on the first attempt. From there it was easy as pie :D

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I bricked my PS3 when I tried to revert back to CEX. Borrowed cousin's PSP, used that as a FSM dongle with PS3JIG and my PS3 is back alive again. No hardware flasher was needed :)
The PSP was on some 5.50 Prom-2 thing. PS3JIG wasn't working on that CFW. Flashed 5.50 GEN D3 on the PSP and PS3JIG ran on the first attempt. From there it was easy as pie :D
What model that was?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Careful as there are different brick levels on PS3. If you don't QA Flag yours and you downgrade (or someone else do it for you) syscon hash will mismatch data between NAND/NOR flash and you'll have rlod blinking (without usb access).

Oh, as for the PSP jigstick stuff, it works quite fine on 6.20 permanent procfw b8 (tested by myself on a 3000 white polar) but on 5.xx didn't work

Also, why would you want DEX? 4.20 signing is possible now..

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Careful as there are different brick levels on PS3. If you don't QA Flag yours and you downgrade (or someone else do it for you) syscon hash will mismatch data between NAND/NOR flash and you'll have rlod blinking (without usb access).

Oh, as for the PSP jigstick stuff, it works quite fine on 6.20 permanent procfw b8 (tested by myself on a 3000 white polar) but on 5.xx didn't work

Also, why would you want DEX? 4.20 signing is possible now..
I had it converted over befor 4.20 signing :) but now I'm in the process of converting it back I'll look up QA flagging it's someting I'm new to as well

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beginning the process from this thread. Will keep editing to show my progress and steps I went through in order.
Guide: How to create a valid CEX dump from DEX
  1. Installed all homebrew 1st
    • eEID Root Key Dumper.pkg,
    • memdump_0.01-FINAL.npdrm,
    • reboot.pkg,
    • multiman4.10cex.pkg
  2. Installed CFW 3.55 w/Retail Patched CoreOS
    • The PS3 should reboot as normal like when installing any other FW
  3. Now run eEID Root Key Dumper.pkg
    • The TV screen goes black & the PS3 beeps sounds off 2 rapid beeps
    • Load MultiMan4.10CEX and press SELECT+START to access MM File Explorer
    • Copy the eEID Root Key by selecting PS3 Root in the top left corner of MultiMan and going into folder tmp/ (full address is dev_hdd0/tmp/) press O and copy the file to your USB device; now hold the PS button on your controller & exit MultiMan
  4. Plug-in USB device in right most or 2nd USB Port closest to bluray drive and run Memdump
    • Press X to create a dump of flash memory
    • Hold the PS button on controller & quit app
    • The flash is dumped with the file name flash_stor_35500.bin
  5. Remove USB device & from your PC copy over flash_stor_35500.bin & eEID Root Key into folder c2d_WithNandSupport
  6. Now grab the c2d GUI from hereI couldnt get the one that came with the original packaging to work but this was also provided on page 8 by the OP
    • Now run c2d_GUI.exe
    • Choose the flash_stor_35500.bin for input
    • Choose your output & rename it properly:
      • If 16 MB dumo rename it in FLASH-CEX.EID0.NORBIN
      • If 239/256 MB dump rename it in FLASH-CEX.EID0.NANDBIN
    • Choose your Target ID so hit the arrow to display a drop down box I'm US/Canada so I picked 84 (all guides are very unclear about this)
    • Click Covert - I saw a bunch of errors but we will see what happens.
Guide: Converting from DEX to CEX CFW
  1. If you have not installed the CFW 3.55 w/Retail Patched CoreOS do so now; if you have installed it from the previous guide then do not re-install!
  2. Copy FLASH-CEX.EID0.NORBIN or FLASH-CEX.EID0.NANDBIN over to the root of your USB device
  3. Now run MultiMan and from your USB device click X twice on your FLASH-CEX.EID0*
    • Choose Yes for all options
    • Hold the PS button on controller and exit MultiMan
  4. Now run Reboot.pkg
    • PS3 should reboot as normal - nothing special going on here ;)
  5. Now run QA Flag (this is not the same one that rebug offeres)
    • PS3 should sound off 3 rapid beeps and while rebooting
    • This is the tricky part cause if your PS3 doesn't beep then you may brick on the next step :(
  6. Power off the PS3 from the console not the controller.
  7. Copy OFW3.55 over to USB device
  8. Enter Recovery Mode on your PS3
    • To enter Recovery Mode hold the PS power bottom on the console untill it turns on and then off, then press the power button again untill you hear 2 consecutive beeps and then release.
  9. Choose Option 6 to update PS3 FW and stick USB device with OFW3.55
    • Do not fret if when 1st installing OFW3.55 from the Recovery Menu if the Progress bar sits at 99% it stayed there for what felt like 10mins just grab you a cup of coffee it will finish and you will be able to start the final process of installing OFW 3.55
This is my 1st tut guys I hope you all like it; Yes I was following someones else guide but not all the steps seem to be as laid out with ease and I feel I'm a respectable temper that you all can trust my findings :)

I LOST NO FILES DURING THIS CONVERSION AND IT'S PRETTY SIMPLE TO.
Do you guys think this need to be on the 1st page?

Alright you can find a neater version of the above guide in the tutorial section. I'm too tired to try and figure out how to install rebug 4.21 rex i'll look into that tomorrow but if there anyone with helpful information to give I'm willing to listen :)

kylster

mich weich töten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another bump for another Q. Yes I finally got 4.21 REX installed! So now I keep getting an error code 8001***** when trying to run most Homebrew :( What I'm trying to get running is Showtime from XMB but ATM I'm only able to load it through MultiMan. I have installed the latest beta for Showtime CEX so I'm unsure what to do do now :( Hope someone can shed some light on this :P cause I couldnt find much info on google.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over