Status
Not open for further replies.

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing! If it supports streaming audio it is golden. Glad I held off on buying a WODE.And one of my games actually has a crack in the disc so with the anti piracy I guess I have to buy another to use for devolution. :(

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Will this support USB as well? If yes I'm glad I held off on buying 32GB-SD :)
can't wait to see the dol.
Yes, he said SD and USB.
Did you read the first post fully?

- Use alternative mediums for loading games (SD and USB)
Alternative loading mediums are already implemented (that's right, working GC USB loading!).

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@[member='tueidj']: Did you write your own NTFS library? Or does Devolution not support NTFS?

Also when did you start working on this project (just curious)?

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm impressed, really. And of course curious too lol
It runs under ios58 due to native usb2.0 support right?
And which file systems are supported? FAT only?
How did you manage all the stuff from ppc without using ahbprot at all?

Sorry if some questions have been already answered, I didn't read all 5 pages in this thread. :D

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It runs under ios58 due to native usb2.0 support right?
And which file systems are supported? FAT only?
How did you manage all the stuff from ppc without using ahbprot at all?
If the loader is launched under IOS58 it will use USB2, otherwise USB1. Just like any other homebrew app.
At this stage only FAT16/FAT32 are supported (including fragmented files, all cluster sizes).
The only reason a GC game would require AHBPROT is to directly access the DI registers. If the game isn't loading from disc it can use IOS calls instead.

Reactions: 1 person

Jman69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent work tueidj! I expect this has come as a complete surprise to many although you have demonstrated your outstanding knowledge of the Wii many times over. Maybe next time you could provide some kind of hint? :P

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I think this project have even bigger implications, if Wii U (I know it's far away but still) is cracked sometime Devolution could be the only way to load Gamecube game in the new system, since it's completely backwards compatible with Wii games, it could work under Wii mode similar to Gamecube mode in Wii.

Just a little crazy talk heh, but I think there are potential for it.

pr0ton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think this project have bigger implications, if Wii U (I know it's far away but still) is cracked sometime Devolution could be the only way to load Gamecube game in the new system, since it's completely backwards compatible with Wii games, it could work under Wii mode similar to Gamecube mode in Wii.

But isn't Wii U using totally different hardware so that full emulation (slow) is needed?

And would be very neat if the GC LAN can work at some time B-) .

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think this project have even bigger implications, if Wii U (I know it's far away but still) is cracked sometime Devolution could be the only way to load Gamecube game in the new system, since it's completely backwards compatible with Wii games, it could work under Wii mode similar to Gamecube mode in Wii.

Would be a cool begining for the Wii U's homebrew scene :) heh

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I think this project have bigger implications, if Wii U (I know it's far away but still) is cracked sometime Devolution could be the only way to load Gamecube game in the new system, since it's completely backwards compatible with Wii games, it could work under Wii mode similar to Gamecube mode in Wii.

But isn't Wii U using totally different hardware so that full emulation (slow) is needed?

And would be very neat if the GC LAN can work at some time B-) .

We don't know, but I bet they will use Wii mode for BC, not software emulation, Nintendo likes 100% compatibility in their systems. If Wii mode is used then Devolution could be used I think.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Now tell me why should crediar spent his time working for free?
Nobody is telling him he should spend his time working for free. In fact, there is really no issue with supporting a project via donations. But the thing is, if he only commits when he gets another donation, then technically you can't speak of donations anymore. Nothing wrong about that either but then he should at least not call payments donations.

Also he should make an own thread here or somewhere else and offer his services publicly and not through someone else imo.

And tueidj doing it for the community, really? He's doing it for himself as a challenge like most people who make such things.
tueidj: if that's not true correct me!
Well, he said he is annoyed by the GC controller and those small discs. So I guess he made it primarily for himself and decided to share it because he wants to prove those "impossible this, impossible that" critics wrong. Also I think he shares it to stop people donating to dml (same for T_T releasing letterbomb before giantpune had the chance to sell it, proven by the side blow towards pune you can read via a hex editor).

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, he said he is annoyed by the GC controller and those small discs.
Bothered by the small discs my ass.
Does anyone realize how completely absurd that sounds?
The only reason why he is doing this is to "stick it to the gbatempers", hence the anti-piracy measures.
This is my last troll, lest I keep contributing to the post count.

Reactions: 1 person

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sounds interesting, I like the part where I can use my USB for loading games. Using Wii controllers is lovely too. :moogle:
Keep up that good work bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids