Hacking Devolution - Public Release

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This may or may not the best place to ask. I've ripped about 50 discs using CleainRip and made sure that it gets the little Redump thing to make sure it's clean. Every single disc I've ripped does not check against the DAT files, any reason why? Is there a thing I have to turn on?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Make sure the ISO is a 1:1 copy:
http://redump.org/disc/5169/

As a Windows user I personally use HashCheck Shell Extension for finding out such info:
http://code.kliu.org/hashcheck/

It's possible that the original GCM was an actual 1:1 copy and you just needed to rename the file extension to .ISO since I'm pretty sure GCM isn't an actual different format from ISO unlike, say, PNG and JPG are.

It hasn't the same MD5, so probably that's the problem...

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may or may not the best place to ask. I've ripped about 50 discs using CleainRip and made sure that it gets the little Redump thing to make sure it's clean. Every single disc I've ripped does not check against the DAT files, any reason why? Is there a thing I have to turn on?
I have the same issue and I've no clue. You could try manually downloading the DAT files from redump.org or just do what I do and just manually check the hashes on your PC after ripping since, assuming you disc isn't scratched up, it seems to always rip perfectly fine.

It hasn't the same MD5, so probably that's the problem...
Make sure you check both the ISO and the GCM. Like I said it's possible the GCM was already a clean 1:1 copy.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I missing something here? There are reports of being able to use the Wii U pro controller on the Wii after verifying through Devo, but it's not working for me. Followed the steps in this nice tutorial here. Any steps I might have missed? NVM I never freaking synced the Wii U Pro controller to the Wii :facepalm: I must have been stuck on how it worked with the PS3 remote. My bad, all is well.
I manually d/loaded the dat files from redump.org and placed them on root of USB, I don't have that issue anymore.

Vahkiti

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not certain how I'm supposed to have a USBGecko log since they're so hard to find now, however, this bug seems relatively easy to replicate. Basically, in Super Mario Sunshine, the PS3 controller will disconnect from Bluetooth after any pre-rendered cutscene save for the intro. It will from then on only work with a USB cable until Devolution is reset.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I'm not certain how I'm supposed to have a USBGecko log since they're so hard to find now, however, this bug seems relatively easy to replicate. Basically, in Super Mario Sunshine, the PS3 controller will disconnect from Bluetooth after any pre-rendered cutscene save for the intro. It will from then on only work with a USB cable until Devolution is reset.
You can do a WiFi log instead. See Nintendo Maniac's sig for instructions.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
okay, here we go
the FIXED versions (still plzzz test and report)

devolution sample loader mod w/options and optional DM(L) game placement compatability
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mg975nz1fx1d1d9/gc_devo_mod2_200.zip

Wiiflow plugin for those that want 1:1 button mapping with wiiflow
http://www.mediafire.com/download/iccevjb47h68pib/Devolution_Plugin_r200.zip

EDIT : here's an officially TESTED working version of the loader mod
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kq5xxl5ktybiaem/gc-devo-mod2-200.zip
and the plugin
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n3ndj5em0de0953/Devolution_Plugin_r200.zip

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Just don't delete the original borky version of your r200 sample loader mod, I wanna derp around with it at some point. :P

the link's still good. I rarely delete stuff. just changed the name to distinguish it better

all I changed was the settings version number, though.
it's just made to ignore newer settings if you don't

enix88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i would like to ask for some help, or maybe is a glitch of devolution, im trying to run disc verification of my games to play them on WII U, im trying to run it with my 4 wiimotes on (light turning on and off in each of them by the moment of verification). Im using the suggested wii every time i run the disc verification process with my wiimotes, but it seems that just 3 of them get verified even if the 4 are connected (on) and synced.
What i do on the wii after using cleanrip and putting the files in the correct folder is the following
1) Select the iso i want to verify in devolution
2) wait until the drive flashes 2 times
3) make sure the 4 wiimotes are on and the light is flashing in all of them
4) insert the original disk
5) the game will start
6) after trying each separate wiimote on wii u it seems that only 3 of the 4 wiimotes get the verification, i have tried this several times and with different games and it seems that always happen the same. I noticed that the 3 wiimotes that get verified are random, in each game always theres 3 wiimotes working and 1 not and between games it can be a different wiimote the one that did not get the verification but it will always have 3 working on WII U. I will really appreciate your advice in this.

Edit: I have 2 wiimotes with motion plus and 2 wiimotes with no motion plus. It seems that the problem just affect the old wiimotes (no motion plus) and it seems that devolution just can verify 1 of them randomly (sometimes one gets verified, sometimes the other) this happens when im trying to run the verification in the 4 controllers at the same time

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, here we go
the FIXED versions (still plzzz test and report)

devolution sample loader mod w/options and optional DM(L) game placement compatability
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mg975nz1fx1d1d9/gc_devo_mod2_200.zip

Wiiflow plugin for those that want 1:1 button mapping with wiiflow
http://www.mediafire.com/download/iccevjb47h68pib/Devolution_Plugin_r200.zip

Hola,

I'm attempting to test your Wiiflow plugin, but I can't get anything to show up in Wiiflow :o

The plugin is in the SD:/Wiiflow/plugins directory and shows up in the plugin list (twice?)

I've tried the games in both USB:/games/*.iso & USB:/games/<directory for game>/*.iso

I'm obviously placing something wrong, but I can't figure out where.

Any help would be great!

"Welcome to WiiFlow. I have not found any plugins. Select partition to select your partition type." Both SD and USB1 show nothing.

EDIT: Just kidding, I wasn't using the back Wii U USB ports. Which I didn't think would matter since the sample loader works with the front Wii U ports :o

EDIT AGAIN: I'm not getting 1:1 mapping to work properly :c

My plugin config looks like this:

Code:
[PLUGIN]
magic=44455650
arguments={device}|{path}/{name}|32
coverColor=000000
coverFolder=GC
fileTypes=.iso
romDir=games
dolFile=Devolution.dol
bannerSound=GC.ogg
displayname=Devolution
ReturnLoader=yes
consoleCoverID=nintendo

I've tried both |32 and |2 (the way it came) at the end with no avail.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I wonder if we will get ocarina support in future releases, doesn't seems something hard to implement I think, most loaders have ocarina support (even ancient ones), maybe djtuei is against cheating in games :P

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It says Wii Discs only but that would be cool if the adapter worked to rip. Anyone care to test that owns one?
It does not work.
I wonder if we will get ocarina support in future releases, doesn't seems something hard to implement I think, most loaders have ocarina support (even ancient ones), maybe djtuei is against cheating in games :P
Or allow to boot to a Action Replay and then when it asks for the next disc it will boot the game we choose 1st.

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else have issues with Animal Crossing (NTSC)? With me it kicks out of the loader partway through the opening Nintendo logo announcement. "Nintend-*reset*"

And with Luigi's Mansion (PAL), the vacuum seems to always be going with the classic controller and Wii U Pro Controller? Haven't tested an actual GameCube controller yet.

I reported these on the compatibility list, waiting for anyone to confirm.

Or allow to boot to a Action Replay and then when it asks for the next disc it will boot the game we choose 1st.

It'd be interesting to try setting an Action Replay iso as Disk1 and a game as Disk2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol