Hacking Devolution - Public Release

DiggerMario2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I'm a little bit confused by the last few page's discussion about the compatibility of the Mayflash adapter with Devolution. I was wondering Maxternal if you could clear things up for me since it looks like you are the author for the majority of the addons I've read about in this thread.

From my understanding there are three methods in development to achieve 1:1 button mapping with Devolution and the Mayflash Adapter:
  • Maxternal's sample loader mod (Working)
  • Maxternal's Wiiflow plugin (half working- face buttons still not matched properly)
  • DaMysteryMan's USB Laoder GX mod (Working, but GUI button is unlabeled)
Is this the current state of things? I really would like to purchase one of these Mayflash adapters, but I'd like to be sure things are working properly with Wiiflow + Devolution before I venture onto Amazon. Thanks guys!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hi all,

I'm a little bit confused by the last few page's discussion about the compatibility of the Mayflash adapter with Devolution. I was wondering Maxternal if you could clear things up for me since it looks like you are the author for the majority of the addons I've read about in this thread.

From my understanding there are three methods in development to achieve 1:1 button mapping with Devolution and the Mayflash Adapter:
  • Maxternal's Wiiflow plugin (half working- face buttons still not matched properly)
Is this the current state of things? I really would like to purchase one of these Mayflash adapters, but I'd like to be sure things are working properly with Wiiflow + Devolution before I venture onto Amazon. Thanks guys!
I think you're giving me more credit than's due to me .... but okay, here's my clarifications :
- Sample loader mod : HALF working
(That's the one with the buttons reportedly still not matching up. The part where he got some of the buttons to work is unrelated to my mod and can be switched with a button on the controller itself) Basically, it works with everything EXCEPT the 1:1 button mapping.
- WiiFlow plugin : UNTESTED
(I tell people to test and report back but they never do. :glare: The ONLY single report I've gotten from the r200 versions was on the sample loader mod, NOT the wiiflow plugin)
- GX mod : Working as you said

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you downloaded the USBLGX mod with the setting, it's at the bottom of the list that has the settings for the widescreen hack and memory card emulation.

LeifEricson

Coming Soon™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

Mayflash works flawlessly with the USB GX mod. Everything on it works like it was plugged into a gamecube. The only issue is that the only confirmed working option is by DaMysteryMan.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mayflash works flawlessly with the USB GX mod. Everything on it works like it was plugged into a gamecube. The only issue is that the only confirmed working option is by DaMysteryMan.

So the analog triggers are working as analog triggers? Is the rumble also working? ABXY buttons are working as the correct button? The Z button works as the Z button?

May have to pick up one of these adapters.....

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only downside to the mayflash adapter with 2 gc ports on it is that it only supports 1 wavebird controller.. it fails completely when you connect a 2nd receiver to it (does the same thing on the PC) .. it works with 1 wired, 1 wavebird, but not 2 wavebirds at the same time, and the mayflash guys tsaid they dotn even have wavebirds to test with.. they wanted me to send them mine to test it.. umm ya no.. not gonna happen..

LeifEricson

Coming Soon™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Dimensio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the analog triggers are working as analog triggers? Is the rumble also working? ABXY buttons are working as the correct button? The Z button works as the Z button?

May have to pick up one of these adapters.....

As mentioned, rumble only works on the Wii Remote itself; whether this could ever be addressed is unknown to me.

I can also confirm that the analog triggers work. Super Mario Sunshine responded to them perfectly.

Another issue, that I have not seen mentioned in the forum, is that the May Flash GC->CC adapter maps the Start button on the GC controller to Minus. Plus is accomplished by double-tapping Flash. This means that using the start-button on the GC controller for any practical use requires double-tapping it. This is not a serious issue (I have had no difficulty playing several games this way), but it is something to know should you wish to purchase one.

Also, and this should go without saying, it cannot be used for connecting a Game Boy Advance for those games that support the GBA->GC connection. I doubt that this would even be possible (though I'm willing to be surprised on that), and I would be surprised to see GBA->GC connection support in Devolution by any means anytime soon.

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As mentioned, rumble only works on the Wii Remote itself; whether this could ever be addressed is unknown to me.
The Wii U Pro controller and the PS3 controller will rumble, as will a native GC pad on an original Wii.

Another issue, that I have not seen mentioned in the forum, is that the May Flash GC->CC adapter maps the Start button on the GC controller to Minus. Plus is accomplished by double-tapping Flash. This means that using the start-button on the GC controller for any practical use requires double-tapping it.
Devolution maps the GC start button to both minus and plus on the CC pad, so you shouldn't have to do anything fancy with the adapter in Devolution.

Dimensio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U Pro controller and the PS3 controller will rumble, as will a native GC pad on an original Wii.

Devolution maps the GC start button to both minus and plus on the CC pad, so you shouldn't have to do anything fancy with the adapter in Devolution.

I always have to double-tap to get a pause menu. Single-tapping doesn't work.

The minus + d-pad codes work when I hold the GC's start button down when the Wii remote is in inactive mode, so it does seem to be read properly. Maybe I misconfigured Devolution?

Dimensio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried the plus and minus buttons of a Classic Controller Pro. The plus button acts as the Start button, and the minus button does nothing.

I had an odd experience with the GameCube controller in Eternal Darkness. The shoulder triggers would sometimes become "stuck", leaving the character constantly running or readying their weapon even when I was not touching the trigger. A quick tap would typically unstick the button, but it was odd. I am not certain whether this is a hardware or a software issue, but it was strange after I was able to play Super Mario Sunshine beforehand without any issue at all; in that game the triggers functioned perfectly (including locking Mario in place when holding the R-trigger in all the way, but allowing him to run while shooting from FLUDD when pressing it down only somewhat), behaving exactly as they did on an original GameCube. I also never had problems with trigger-sticking in that game; FLUDD activated only when I hit the R-trigger, and the camera only re-centered when I hit the L-trigger.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm trying to backup my copy of Animal Crossing GC but without luck, it fails with CleanRip and ULGX, so I downloaded the game from internet, it was in gcm format, then I convert it to full iso though GC ISO tool, I launch the game through Devo, it blinks asking for disc verification, I insert the disc, it makes the sound reading it, but then it just go black screen, and I have to power off the Wii, the game is NTSCU the same as my retailer disc.

Now my question is where in the disc is stored the "verification" (inner center, outer), the disc is not severaly scratched, I've verified disc is worst state, but for some reason Animal Crossing fails.

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was in gcm format, then I convert it to full iso though GC ISO tool, I launch the game through Devo, it blinks asking for disc verification, I insert the disc, it makes the sound reading it, but then it just go black screen, and I have to power off the Wii.
Make sure the ISO is a 1:1 copy:
http://redump.org/disc/5169/

As a Windows user I personally use HashCheck Shell Extension for finding out such info:
http://code.kliu.org/hashcheck/

It's possible that the original GCM was an actual 1:1 copy and you just needed to rename the file extension to .ISO since I'm pretty sure GCM isn't an actual different format from ISO unlike, say, PNG and JPG are.

Reactions: MassiveRican

Augusta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.mediafire.com/download/t6t2jf1sm6qzffw/gc_devo_mod2_200.zip

there's the sample loader mod with settings and compatible with where DM(L) looks for games, too.

I don't have any applicable Bluetooth controllers to test this with so it's untested and PLZ report back.
thanks.

EDIT :
also, here's the WiiFlow plugin
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1ma3y1ib6bzezbg/Devolution_Plugin_r200.zip
to set the 1:1 controller config you'd just need to add a |32 to the end of the arguments= line in the INI

also PLZ test and report

Hey Maxternal, just wanted to say thanks for the devolution mod.
Tried the original and I'd get kicked out before I could even sync the USB.
Tried out your mod and everything works flawless. (Tested Dualshocks on SSBM/TWW/MKDD/SC2 with 1:1 Button Mapping to boot. Amazing)
Nonetheless, thanks to Tueidj for making all of this possible.

Reactions: Maxternal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: Discord need to die