Should DEVOLUTION be AP FREE?

• Total voters

mkm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let the poll decide if the current Devolution = backwards evolution .

Anyone who has cracked it feel free to leak. We support you!

P.s. Cyan - Really? I see no reason for locking that thread, you know very well that me and 99% here disagree with AP designs, especially when trying to move forwards in the hacking scene. This is the underground gaming community…

Childish is editing my post in that thread and censoring what I wrote.

We are humans, not robots who lack hearts and emotion!

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
That is something that only the dev can decide. Sounds like your real issue is you want to play downloaded, pirated or illegal ISO's. If Devolution were my project I would be thinking up more complex AP measures right now because for one I do not support piracy. Neither does this forum or the developer. And 2 if people dont like the fact that they have to verify an original disc as one off they should go back to school, learn to program (study software engineering) and write their own bloody software.

Reactions: megazig

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A poll can't decide the future, a poll reflects voting people's opinion. Majority of people are pirates and want everything without effort, I don't need a poll to know what the result will be.
It won't change the fact that users who can/know how/did patch the AP protection won't change their mind over what other users can vote/think/feel abused.

Opening a new (unuseful, because you already know the poll results) thread while I told you to use the linked one is not the best decision...
at least you didn't add those ugly pictures.
But like I said, we have enough of these threads all over the forum (not only with devolution). We try to canalize them to a single thread to prevent overflow and maintain forum's usability.

I'll keep this one open and will close it if it became troll/insult/flame bait (like always).

NinoKuniWindWaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I do agree that the AP is out of date, games for gc are not being made or sold in stores anymore. It's also understandable why you would curse the dev for implementing such redundant AP in a system thats no longer active in terms of games or hardware. Aside of the AP devolution is definitly a step forward.

If you wanted to play gc games on the computer you would need a high end pc. My i5 pc with 4gb memory and ssd still has slow downx on some parts of the legend of zelda the windwaker. Second great thing about devolution is the implenatation of wireless gamepad support. Now thats neat. Playing zelda on my ps3 controller.

Only problem is getting the disc to verify once. Or if your in a bad luck like myself cant rip any games because of scratched cd/ broken discplayer. I understand your frustration but calling it a step backward because of the AP makes no sense. Also i hope to see a AP free version some day. Patience is virtue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==