devkitARM

Dr_Infernous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so I downloaded devkitpro, and installed it - it said that it installed it flawlessly, however it is not in my applications. Is there a way to run it from terminal, or what?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Download this and unzip it somewhere on your computer
https://github.com/devkitPro/3ds-examples
It may also be at C:/devkitpro/examples/3ds. I prefer not messing with stuff in that location, but you can copy it elsewhere outside the C:/devkitpro directory though.

Then go inside one of the example projects folders until you find a makefile.
There, open the command prompt (go to File Explorer's address bar and type 'cmd' in it, hit return OR create a file names 'build.bat' beside the makefile, type 'make' inside the file, save, then double click it).
In command prompt, type 'make' and hit return, if you don't want to make the .bat file.

That's how you run 'dekitpro'.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: ber71

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your issue might be that it's not environmental variables. it uses the same ev as linux, in windows, /opt/ etc. it should add that automatically, but you can check in system ev by typing environmental variables in the windows search box.
Post automatically merged:

if you're using linux, add the export to the .bashrc of home/your user name/.bashrc. add it to the bottom, though some things require it to be at the very bottom like sdkman, which I installed not that long ago. just use the documentation in cases such as these.

Last edited by godreborn,

Dr_Infernous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Download this and unzip it somewhere on your computer
https://github.com/devkitPro/3ds-examples
It may also be at C:/devkitpro/examples/3ds. I prefer not messing with stuff in that location, but you can copy it elsewhere outside the C:/devkitpro directory though.

Then go inside one of the example projects folders until you find a makefile.
There, open the command prompt (go to File Explorer's address bar and type 'cmd' in it, hit return OR create a file names 'build.bat' beside the makefile, type 'make' inside the file, save, then double click it).
In command prompt, type 'make' and hit return, if you don't want to make the .bat file.

That's how you run 'dekitpro'.
sorry, you're talking to a teenager. I followed your instructions exactly... what am I supposed to do next? It says this:

"make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop."

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, you're talking to a teenager. I followed your instructions exactly... what am I supposed to do next? It says this:

"make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop."
you have devkitpro installed correctly. you're in a folder with no make file.

Dr_Infernous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

this must be annoying, but another problem has popped up.

'Makefile:10: /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/3ds_rules: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/3ds_rules'. Stop.'

*I did the make command while in the app_launch directory (Desktop\3ds-examples-master\3ds-examples-master\app_launch)

Last edited by Dr_Infernous,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
this must be annoying, but another problem has popped up.

'Makefile:10: /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/3ds_rules: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/3ds_rules'. Stop.'

*I did the make command while in the app_launch directory (Desktop\3ds-examples-master\3ds-examples-master\app_launch)
That would seem to suggest that you haven't installed devkitpro at all or maybe incompletely.

Try these two things in order, then try running make again.
1, Have you rebooted your system once since installation? Do that if you haven't, and try running make again.
2, When you ran the installer .exe, did you remember to tick the 3ds box? They give you an optional list of platforms to install. Check that this directory exists: C:/devkitpro/libctru. If it doesn't, rerun the installer and select that 3ds box.

Reactions: ber71 and godreborn

Dr_Infernous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That would seem to suggest that you haven't installed devkitpro at all or maybe incompletely.

Try these two things in order, then try running make again.
1, Have you rebooted your system once since installation? Do that if you haven't, and try running make again.
2, When you ran the installer .exe, did you remember to tick the 3ds box? They give you an optional list of platforms to install. Check that this directory exists: C:/devkitpro/libctru. If it doesn't, rerun the installer and select that 3ds box.
I figure those makefiles were coded for linux, however I use win64 operating system

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.