Not open for further replies.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
When I start RetroNX, it always says something like controller #5 detected, controller #4 detected, etc, down to #1. But I only have the two Joycons on the side connected.

Does this mean it supports five controllers, e.g. Turtles with four players etc.?

Last edited by rsn8887,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Can't play the Parasite Eve 2,wait for the new version
Pete, the Millennial-o-meter reading is through the roof on this one! We've got to be close...

edit: Can confirm Parasite Eve 2 softcrashes (can still be exited) upon starting a new game. PE2 Fix in the PCSX Rearmed options is activated. (If it is not you cant even reach the main menu).

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: m4xw

Techjunky90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see an issue on your git, "Legend Of Mana doesn't respond to any input" while this is true if you have a bios file, it is not true when there is no bios file.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just wondering is there a reason why picodrive isnt included? i mean isnt picodrive specially designed for arm devices? and has a 32x emulator?

cafede

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pete, the Millennial-o-meter reading is through the roof on this one! We've got to be close...

edit: Can confirm Parasite Eve 2 softcrashes (can still be exited) upon starting a new game. PE2 Fix in the PCSX Rearmed options is activated. (If it is not you cant even reach the main menu).
I can reach the main menu and in the game but crashed in the sub picture

Spoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why does the controller stop working randomly on the switch when you rewind? It's annoying that I lose game progress because of it. (No I will NOT use save state on ps1 games, it rekt me once)

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
In theory with the nes emulator would touch screen controls be able to work with duck hunt or wild gunman

Good question; tbh I never even checked if the core supports mouse Lightguns, even less so about touch support.
We don't have touch yet, but if the core supports it then it's at least somewhat likely to be supported.

Reactions: focusonme

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In theory with the nes emulator would touch screen controls be able to work with duck hunt or wild gunman
Good question; tbh I never even checked if the core supports mouse Lightguns, even less so about touch support.
We don't have touch yet, but if the core supports it then it's at least somewhat likely to be supported.
Why would you want touch support for those games when the right joycon could very well serve as a proper lightgun?

Reactions: focusonme

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Why would you want touch support for those games when the right joycon could very well serve as a proper lightgun?

First, it's far from proper if it's just a gyro sensor (I'm assuming that's what you're talking about).
Secondly, because gyro functionality isn't a thing in the Libretro core. That requires a platform-specific core hack on top of implementing sensor support in the port, which goes against the whole Libretro thing in the first place.

Mouser X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The right Joy-con has an IR sensor in it. Theoretically, you could use the IR sensor as the light gun. I thought of this as soon as the touch-screen was asked about (it'd be closer to the original gun, and touch-screen seems *way* to easy, so kind of pointless), but I figured that idea was kind of obvious, and I don't like spending time posting on forums, so I didn't say anything. Apparently it's less obvious than I thought. As for motion controls, how would that even work? Simulating a pointer, based on the movement of the controller? I suppose that's possible (obviously, as there's already some games that do that), but if that's the case, why specify the *right* Joy-con, when both have motion capability, and could therefore both be used for motion-pointing controls?

Using the IR sensor would be really cool, but I doubt the software/drivers are in place/available to make that realistic. Still, it'd be a bit more "authentic" than pointer controls. Mouser X over and out.

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The right Joy-con has an IR sensor in it. Theoretically, you could use the IR sensor as the light gun. I thought of this as soon as the touch-screen was asked about (it'd be closer to the original gun, and touch-screen seems *way* to easy, so kind of pointless), but I figured that idea was kind of obvious, and I don't like spending time posting on forums, so I didn't say anything. Apparently it's less obvious than I thought. As for motion controls, how would that even work? Simulating a pointer, based on the movement of the controller? I suppose that's possible (obviously, as there's already some games that do that), but if that's the case, why specify the *right* Joy-con, when both have motion capability, and could therefore both be used for motion-pointing controls?

Using the IR sensor would be really cool, but I doubt the software/drivers are in place/available to make that realistic. Still, it'd be a bit more "authentic" than pointer controls. Mouser X over and out.

Maybe i am wrong, but does the switch have receptors for the IR like the wii did with his sensor bar? i think it doesnt, that the receptors are in the joycon itself so that way is not possible to point to the screen with it.

Last edited by Csmrcc,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe i am wrong, but does the switch have receptors for the IR like the wii did with his sensor bar? i think it doesnt, that the receptors are in the joycon itself so that way is not possible to point to the screen with it.
You don't need receptors.
You need to watch how people play World of Goo on the Switch with the right joycon, same functionality but without the nag of a sensor bar.
Technology advances, and receptors for such a thing is just old school already.

Csmrcc

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You don't need receptors.
You need to watch how people play World of Goo on the Switch with the right joycon, same functionality but without the nag of a sensor bar.
Technology advances, and receptors for such a thing is just old school already.

But in world of goo what makes the pointer move is the giroscope sensor (movement like pointing in zelda botw) not the IR.
:unsure:
And i was talking about IR

Last edited by Csmrcc,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp