ROM Hack [Development] Smash 3DS Save Map

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Inserted DB B6 6D DB 06 at offset 20 and 63 at offset 61C (should be hex for 99 bootups) and also copied the 4 bytes at offset 12 from my old save.
Now I get a message saying it isn't the latest save data.
Any ideas?

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inserted DB B6 6D DB 06 at offset 20 and 63 at offset 61C (should be hex for 99 bootups) and also copied the 4 bytes at offset 12 from my old save.
Now I get a message saying it isn't the latest save data.
Any ideas?

I've found that the only bytes needing modification are the ones at offset 0x12, nothing else. I did managed to recover my save once, and this was basically my process:
  • Back up "corrupt" save
  • Go into game, clear save file, then go to the Home menu and open SaveDataFiler
  • Back up cleared save
  • Open corrupt save and cleared save in Hex Editor, copy 4 bytes at 0x12 from cleared save to corrupt save, save to SD card
  • Go into SaveDataFiler again, restore corrupt save
Note that you cannot restore the same save more than twice if you have already written the save and opened the game. Every time you make edits you MUST do it on a freshly dumped save, and you cannot open Smash before writing the modified save or you will need to redump the save and modify it again. I'm trying to get a code.bin modification going so that this check is negated for those who have their games decrypted, still need to find the check though.

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Note that you cannot restore the same save more than twice if you have already written the save and opened the game. Every time you make edits you MUST do it on a freshly dumped save, and you cannot open Smash before writing the modified save or you will need to redump the save and modify it again. I'm trying to get a code.bin modification going so that this check is negated for those who have their games decrypted, still need to find the check though.
That must be it, thanks. I've used the same backup once before.
EDIT: Successfully unlocked all characters using first post's code. Also used this editor to add a power glove with +64 Attack and -23 Defense.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, something weird is happening. According to the game, I have 684 trophies, but I counted around 672 trophies. Is this normal? Also I am having trouble obtaining the remaining trophies.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anybody tried to look at the saves on the SD card? I believe custom fighters are saved there. Anything juicy?
EDIT: Not true, decrypted the files, grepped the names of my Mii fighters, nothing found (Either this, or I screwed up with the xorpads). What IS saved there?

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody tried to look at the saves on the SD card? I believe custom fighters are saved there. Anything juicy?
EDIT: Not true, decrypted the files, grepped the names of my Mii fighters, nothing found (Either this, or I screwed up with the xorpads). What IS saved there?

Same, been looking for those two bin files but got nothing

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait until I can use this to unlock all custom moves. For some reason I can't find a save online for the life of me (although if you have one please PM me!)

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't wait until I can use this to unlock all custom moves. For some reason I can't find a save online for the life of me (although if you have one please PM me!)

The thing is: You should dump and use your own. To do so, you need a gateway.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The thing is: You should dump and use your own. To do so, you need a gateway.

I have a Gateway and the game myself. I just don't want to spend 100+ hours trying to unlock custom moves to use them in tournaments. And what I meant by "I can't find a save online for the life of me" is I can't find a save with all custom moves unlocked for the life of me.

Korma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found that the only bytes needing modification are the ones at offset 0x12, nothing else. I did managed to recover my save once, and this was basically my process:
  • Back up "corrupt" save
  • Go into game, clear save file, then go to the Home menu and open SaveDataFiler
  • Back up cleared save
  • Open corrupt save and cleared save in Hex Editor, copy 4 bytes at 0x12 from cleared save to corrupt save, save to SD card
  • Go into SaveDataFiler again, restore corrupt save
I followed this but I still get the same message upon start up of the game. Could it be because I shut down my 3ds to take out the sd card since I'm running emunand, and therefore changing the check value when I start it up again?

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this but I still get the same message upon start up of the game. Could it be because I shut down my 3ds to take out the sd card since I'm running emunand, and therefore changing the check value when I start it up again?
Could be because you didn't change the check bytes in both files. You have to do it for both or it won't work.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I replaced the 4 bytes in both the account_data and system_data.
I found out that at address 0x16 is also required for replacement as well as the 4 bytes starting at 0x12. I was having trouble like you and I happened to notice the difference at address 0x16, right next to where it says 80.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out that at address 0x16 is also required for replacement as well as the 4 bytes starting at 0x12. I was having trouble like you and I happened to notice the difference at address 0x16, right next to where it says 80.
Noted in the main post, I think I might have copied this one as well I guess when I did my save transfer.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noted in the main post, I think I might have copied this one as well I guess when I did my save transfer.
Yeah, most of the times it's not needed, but when it is needed, it got frustrating why it keeps rejecting the save LOL. At least till I again notice that 0x16 was also different, and it accepted the save right away, after coping and pasting it. It's one of those things that is easy to miss.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Uh.. if you get caught by the rollback prevention, just delete the secure value after importing the save data.
(the oldest SaveDataFiler doesn't have this option though)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?