Gaming desperate search for any and all information that exists about the cancelled TEO game on the Nintendo 64 Disk Drive / 64DD

sludge_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in 1996 a virtual pet game came out on windows computers called Fin Fin on Teo the Magic Planet. the whole idea was that a mic was included which youd use to interact with fin fin, along with just seeing him chill on his home planet. really chill and ambient game which had a ton of really nice pre rendered graphics.
1675160096774.png
1675160121393.png

a few months ago, i was doing some research for an unrelated project about the n64 disk drive expansion. while we were looking at the list of cancelled games, try to imagine the cognitive dissonance i had when i saw something called TEO 64 in there. after little bit more research, all ive been able to gather was that fin fin on teo was a game planned for the disk drive, but not much else. if anyone here knows anything else about it, im all ears. if i find any more information on my own, ill update this thread

id post a few links but i cant since my account is so new

heres a clipping about it in a magazine named "Total!"
1675160181724.png

i like fin fin he is funny i think

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@LuigiBlood is a fountain of knowledge, perhaps they know something?
Ah yes, LuigiBlood is great.
Post automatically merged:

in 1996 a virtual pet game came out on windows computers called Fin Fin on Teo the Magic Planet. the whole idea was that a mic was included which youd use to interact with fin fin, along with just seeing him chill on his home planet. really chill and ambient game which had a ton of really nice pre rendered graphics.
I've seen LGR do a video on this.

"DOLPHIN BIRD!" --LGR

Reactions: KiiWii

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It wouldn't surprise me if this game is one of ports that doesn't actually exist and was never in development. Non-Japanese gaming magazines back then tended to make up fake ports of games based on little or no evidence. If there's no Japanese source I would take what the magazine is saying with a grain of salt. I remember reading stuff on Sonic Retro and Sega Retro how about how old magazines made up ports of games that never existed for the Genesis and Dreamcast and it was a pain for making wiki articles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts