Homebrew WIP DeSmuME-NX (w/Laprox's Vertical Mod) [DS Emulator]

Would you like to see the original porter finish their project?

• Total voters

aarib444

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Have you turned on overclock in the melonDS settings? It should be faster than DeSmuME-NX. Still not full speed for most games though. Hardware renderer will probably be coming in the next release to help with that :P
thanks for the help
Yes i have tried overclocking but it still lags
Guess there;s nothing to do but wait

NightTimeNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this still being worked on? a ds emu on switch is a much needed thing. especially with a mod like this and controllers/ controller mount things

LuNyX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DeSmuME-NX :switch: (w/Laprox's Vertical Mod) :nds:

The original porter MasterFeizz, has been inactive for quite some time: I thought I'd maybe help spark some interest back into the project.
Update: ROMs booting in normal mode, crashing in vertical mode: multi-threading is still broken, so is sound, that uses it. Thank you to Jpe230 for debugging a hidden SDL2 font error, that prevented ROMs booting (Don't ask, I have no idea how it did this, but it did). Compiled with LibNX[1.4.1].

Update: due to the latest release of LibNX[1.4.0], the newest unreleased versions of DeSmuME-NX will fail to boot ROMs. I had trouble compiling on the latest version, after workarounds, a few changes to the code and a different compiler version: I was able to get a bootable application, but because of multi-threading now being broken, it fails to boot a ROM.

Update: the original porter has removed the repository from their GitHub page!
View attachment 135183

Update: as it appears the original porter has abandoned the project, who will take over and reignite the flame of emulation?
View attachment 134560

Featuring:
  • Vertical/Portrait Mod with calibrated and working Virtual DS Touchscreen.
  • New Temporary SDL2 Menu System.
  • Toggle in the main menu to enable/disable portrait mode.
  • An actual Homebrew menu Icon.
You can download the modified version at my GitHub page! ❤️
That's nice, but it's too laggy with mkds and SM64..:/

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Desmume of the Retroarch Bundle, it runs PMD Explorers of Sky at fullspeed with overclock.
[/QUOTE]

I don't use the overclock. It is not safe so I am fine with MelonDS and they said the speed will improvement over time. I am fine with it. I finished with DS games a long time ago anyway but on Nintendo Switch is great and playing them again on the big tv would be awesome.

Mouser X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use the overclock. It is not safe
This is not true. The CPU is actually designed to run at a higher clockspeed than the Switch runs it at. That said, where you have to be careful is GPU overclocking, and power drawn from the battery. If you're plugged into the wall adapter that comes with your Switch, then the battery draw isn't an issue (since you're pulling power from the adapter, not the battery). Even with power draw in mind, the increase caused by overclocking the CPU is relatively minimal. 1.5 Ghz OC is fine (from what I've read), and even 1.7 Ghz is probably okay (but if you're worried, plug into an additional external battery to spread the load). If you're OCing to 2 Ghz, then yes, you should use the wall adapter.

NightTimeNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon platinum kinda runs. But even with all the right settings and overclocked Pokemon doesn't run very well. Don't be fooled by what you see on the game intro video and titlescreen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol