Hacking deleting wads and redownloading from the shop channel

mickthestud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i see some people are deleting there installed hacked vc games through the wii menu and using there phony ticket to redownload the same game through the shop channel,could anybody tell me what are the advantages of doing this...

santorix10

Trophies
Website
rememberthe8bit.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried this after installing my own dumped WADs, and it didn't work.
frown.gif
(So, the only record of me buying the games is on my "Recent History" on the Shop Channel) It acts as though I never bought them.
frown.gif

EDIT: More specifically, it immediately gives me an error when I try to download from the shop channel. Maybe I'll try again later...

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
don't do that shit at all. the more people abuse that, the more likely nintendo will crack down HARD on illegal VC installs.

lpl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
gbpic> as said, you have to make a new wad with the blaze's wadpacker.

but you have to use the good ticket so I hope you still have it (the ticket you used when you made your 1st wad)
It worked for me, I used wad uninstaller to remove the wrong ticket and I installed the good wad.
Now I can download my vc game from wii shop channel but the game isn't in the list of already installed games, I don't know why..

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
but why redownload the VC game from nintendo if you've already installed it via the wad installer?

are people getting lot of errors installing wads? coz the 2 N64 titles i've installed work fine

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you redownload the games from the shopping channel you can be 100% safe that there is no hidden virus or bircker inside the .wad game
smile.gif

so far only the 5 blaze releases are able to be redownloaded, all other ones i came across give some sort of error when redownloading.

i think these non-redownloadble releases should be nuked because they are not replicas of real vc games.

shooshoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe someone can help me out with this. I installed the NTSC internet channel a couple days ago (downloaded it from somewhere and installed using the TP hack). It was working fine. I went to the Wii shop channel and tried downloading the internet channel (I just wanted to test and see if it worked). It didn't. Afterwards I couldn't use the internet channel although when looking at the saved data on the Wii the internet channel was still there. I deleted that and tried reinstalling it again using the TP hack and the downloaded channel. Now I get an error saying it cannot install it (error ret = -1035)

I tried using the Wii Channel remover v2. Renamed the USA version of the file to boot.elf and copied it over to the root. I left my internet channel wad file on the SD card. I booted this up and it didn't look like it really did anything. When the system rebooted I tried reinstalling the internet channel again but got the same error.

How do I remove any trace of the internet channel so that I can reinstall it? This time I know not to try and download stuff from the shop channel
smile.gif

*I figured it out. I had to use the WAD uninstaller instead of the channel remover. I left the wad file from the internet in my WAD folder on the SD card then ran the elf file from the uninstaller. It removed the ticket of the internet channel so I was able to then reinstall it.

Embarko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i got rid of a hacked vc game from the wii menu, so the ticket is still there...is it possible to delete the ticket. I dont want it to show on my downloads record.

PS i have this idea of putting the same wad of the game and use wad uninstaller...think it would work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo