Hacking Deleting the Homebrew Channel 0.9?

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Does anyone know where I can get a WAD for the HB Channel 0.9? Or better, can anyone teach me how to make a .wad file using the .dol file I used to install the Homebrew Channel? Or even better, IS THERE A TOOL THAT CAN COMPLETELY ERASE THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL?

I need a HC 0.9 wad because I want to uninstall it; I just deleted it like I would a normal channel (like the Nintendo Channel or the Check Mii Out Channel), but I read that this way the tickets are not erased, and the only way to delete them is using a WAD. PLEASE HELP
cry.gif
!!

bth, my Wii isn't modded, in case that's important.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you were using HBC then your wii was modded, be it soft or chipped. grab anytitle deleter, it will let you erase anything, so be careful, lol

C

CasperH

djtaz said:
you can install HBC using the wii menu data management i believe - never tried it but i read that somewhere
Copie it over from SD has been blocked in the system menu

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can I easily uninstall the channel?
Ofcourse, just remove it as any other ordinary savegame or channel through "data management" in the Wii settings menu.

http://hbc.hackmii.com/faq/

Ohh yeah - so thats what he did - but some tickets are still left on the system and he wants them gone
dont think even any title deleter can do that , but nintendo dont usually look that deep

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe if he installed it via a was then uninstalled via the wad? id assume the different installing ways would still use the same tickets etc.... any thoughts?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
Maybe if he installed it via a was then uninstalled via the wad? id assume the different installing ways would still use the same tickets etc.... any thoughts?
there isn't a wad compatible with beta9 for some reason.

what he said.

for some reason:
it's because the install uses a yet-unannounced exploit, because if it did the same thing as we've always done before, it wouldn't be installable on the newest update.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
it's because the install uses a yet-unannounced exploit, because if it did the same thing as we've always done before, it wouldn't be installable on the newest update.
ahh i see, wondered why when i injected it, just thought and assumed it was incompatible. nevermind i still have beta 8 wad.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
ahh i see, wondered why when i injected it, just thought and assumed it was incompatible. nevermind i still have beta 8 wad.

another thing that possibly plays into it, is that, I am pretty sure that the HBC installer installs more than 1 Title, I thought it installed the channel you actually use, and another hidden channel or something...that could play more into packing it.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
another thing that possibly plays into it, is that, I am pretty sure that the HBC installer installs more than 1 Title, I thought it installed the channel you actually use, and another hidden channel or something...that could play more into packing it.
yeah it does install a hidden channel, thought beta 8 would be the same though, as that can be injected, hmm

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
weird i must have updated mine over the net... though i could have sworn i installed beta 9 from a wad... Hmm well in that case do you think that installing the beta 8 wad, updating to beta 9 via wi-fi. then uninstalling it from the wad would possibly uninstall the new tickets? Now sure how wad uninstalling works in the background, but if it checks the wii info for updated tickets it would work.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
weird i must have updated mine over the net... though i could have sworn i installed beta 9 from a wad... Hmm well in that case do you think that installing the beta 8 wad, updating to beta 9 via wi-fi. then uninstalling it from the wad would possibly uninstall the new tickets? Now sure how wad uninstalling works in the background, but if it checks the wii info for updated tickets it would work.
Itll remove the beta 8 installation, but not the hidden stuff for beta 8 & 9, none of that can be removed, as yet, team twiizers said that, its not something to "worry" about
smile.gif

i mean its not something that's going to affect anything, so id just delete normally via data management.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Creeps me out a bit to think that we all have content hidden on our wii's from twizers.... imagine if one day they decided they really did want to take a stand against piracy, a little secret update to that content and suddenly all the loaders stop working. I know its unlikely but stranger things have happenned, and people installing shit i cant uninstall makes me paranoid.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Creeps me out a bit to think that we all have content hidden on our wii's from twizers.... imagine if one day they decided they really did want to take a stand against piracy, a little secret update to that content and suddenly all the loaders stop working. I know its unlikely but stranger things have happenned, and people installing shit i cant uninstall makes me paranoid.
can understand you there, but your not going to be updating anyway, and they can never update your wii automaticly anyway, its against Nintendo's Rights. Its up to you the customer you have to be prompted. So stop being paranoid lol.
tongue.gif

or youll want to
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

C

CasperH

djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
can understand you there, but your not going to be updating anyway, and they can never update your wii automaticly anyway, its against Laws. So stop being paranoid lol.
tongue.gif

or youll want to
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
You've agreed the EULA and that says they can update your Wii...
Those traces are the Today accomplished messages I think

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's against the law, hah
Hmm if the law stopped anyone we wouldn't have torrents everywhere or backup loaders or homebrew for that matter.

I'm not really worried about team twizers they have a good enough reputation to be trusted... its when someone goes rouge and decides a round of bricking is in order that worries me. Now discuss, heh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: