Hacking Deleting files with EDGE card?!

roguetrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recieved my EDGE card the other day as a replacement to my R4DS, its great and all but after playing it and reading documentation I do not see any way to delete files while using the card. Is it supported natively or do I need some type of homebrew application like dsorganize? If it is only supported through homebrew what is the best app to use for this feature.

It was great if I had a bad save file or a game/homebrew I wanted to remove at that time instead of waiting till later to remove if I even remembered later
wink.gif

Thanks!

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you asking how to delete files from the card WITH the card? Because I don't think there is a way...Though it would be awesome.

But I hope you know how to delete files when the MicroSD card is in your computer
blink.gif

roguetrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Are you asking how to delete files from the card WITH the card? Because I don't think there is a way...Though it would be awesome.

But I hope you know how to delete files when the MicroSD card is in your computer
blink.gif

Yep, I know how to do it on the computer for sure, just when actually using the card while being in the DS I do not have the ability like I did with my R4DS. Small price to pay for the upgrade I guess.

Thanks guys, i'll look into those apps.

unggoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
R4 can delete files directly, edge cant.. on R4, u can choose to show all the files including the save files, on edge u cant.. R4 is an old flashcart, edge is newer but cant do those simple things.. my R4 broke, i bought an edge.. although a great flashcart, im half-satisfied with it.. maybe im just not used to it yet coz ive been using the R4 for too long.. but i still like the edge, simple interface & works just fine for playing games.. thats all i need..

johnchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raestloz said:
What? EDGE can't delete files? Now maybe EDGE isn't that great
What difference does it make - you're suggesting that the ability to delete file is what makes the difference between a great and not-so-great flash cart? They probably intentionally left this feature out in order to prevent children accidentally deleting files they shouldn't, and keep things more user friendly. There are several third party applications you can use for deleting files such as DSOrganise.

roguetrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so others know, I found a nice lil app called DSFile v0.5 that can copy/paste/delete files. Its small and gets the job done.

It would be perfect if it had soft-reset and rename capabilities.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
roguetrip said:
Just so others know, I found a nice lil app called DSFile v0.5 that can copy/paste/delete files. Its small and gets the job done.

It would be perfect if it had soft-reset and rename capabilities.
DSOrganize and DSBrowser can also do this.

icebreaker82

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Hello

I am a user of the Ultra Flash Pass 8 GB.
I have Download vieuw Games.

I have played 2 or 3 Games.

Now I have a Problem when I would to play again the card whrite me " Couldn't check savfile"

What can I do?

A new Software?

I have remote now all the Games...
When I move a new Game on the Card, I have the same Problem...(" Couldn't check savfile")

Sincerly Icebreaker82

mcjones92

Kingpin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icebreaker82 said:
Hello

I am a user of the Ultra Flash Pass 8 GB.
I have Download vieuw Games.

I have played 2 or 3 Games.

Now I have a Problem when I would to play again the card whrite me " Couldn't check savfile"

What can I do?

A new Software?

I have remote now all the Games...
When I move a new Game on the Card, I have the same Problem...(" Couldn't check savfile")

Sincerly Icebreaker82
Why did you ask that here? You should create a different thread.

violent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this is a feature im glad they left out. why delete something when you dont need the space? only time your adding stuff is when your using the pc anyway. makes no sense to have that feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (turns on a fan to deter qwerty's burp and ancientboi's fart)