Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSBrowser v0.9​
08_20_08_1010.jpg
Version 0.9 is out! This is a complete rewrite due to an "uninstall" of original source (curse you uninst.exe). Alot of changes and improvements were made so take a look. I've tried to implement as many request features as possible. Thanks and hope you enjoy the update!

CHANGES
-------
Version 0.9 - 08/20/2008
-Updated GUI: Can now load backgrounds and settings from FAT
-Removed DLDS files: Can now read DLDI from FAT
-Added support for AKRPG NAND: If you have an AKRPG just boot from the SD and you will have access to both
-Added option to boot into GBA mode
-Changed/Added some controls
-Added support for MP3 playback
-Added file size display
-Added multiple copy/delete support
-Added display of copy speed
-Added display of current date and time
-The file list is now sorted alphabetically
-Renaming works now by copying file and deleting source
-Booting now works on the extra FAT systems
-Fixed pause when lid closed
-Fixed compatibility with M3/G6 Real
-Various other bug fixes

DualSlot Browser lets you copy and boot files to and from the filesystems available. That means if you have two FAT based flashcarts inserted, you will have access to both! With this boot feature you can boot into GBA mode or boot NDS homebrew files. The boot function Auto-DLDI patches for whatever filesystem its on. So if you boot a homebrew on the Slot-2 it will have access to the Slot-2 FAT. Also with the new MP3 Player feature you can build your own playlist or have DSBrowser search the available FAT for MP3s. All MP3s found will be added to a new playlist. MP3s can be played while exploring the apps features!

Suggestions and comments are welcome. Thanks to all that helped!

Download
NeoComp Entry
Source

Reactions: 1 person

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, it looks awesome
biggrin.gif
I still use v0.8 very much, but the GUI is really basic. This one was nice!

Btw, what was the problem with the M3 Real? I use the M3 Real, but I didn't experience any problems with it.

cornaljoe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
You don't need to double-post.

Sorry, posted on the wrong board. You can delete the user summited news topic.

QUOTE(Maikel Steneker @ Aug 20 2008, 10:25 AM) Wow, it looks awesome
biggrin.gif
I still use v0.8 very much, but the GUI is really basic. This one was nice!

Btw, what was the problem with the M3 Real? I use the M3 Real, but I didn't experience any problems with it.

There was a problem with booting with some flashcart combinations. I've never ran into the problems myself but I'm pretty sure I fixed it.

P

pasc

Download link is down
frown.gif

BTW:

Does that mean we only need to patch it for fat 1 and are set ? if so: WOW !

EDIT: REQ: will you think about adding dpg playback and picture viewing capabilities aswell (just asking) ?

EDIT2: Downloadlink works now.

cornaljoe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pasc said:
Download link is down
frown.gif

Fixed! I believe I did this everytime I uploaded the file. I always forget to take out the spaces.
wacko.gif

pasc said:
BTW:

That's right! Just copy your other flashcart DLDI file to the "DATA/DSBrowser" folder. Rename it to dsbdisk.dldi. I've already included the AKRPG Nand DLDI, so no need to worry about that. If you don't own a AKRPG you can delete that file with no problem.

QUOTE(pasc @ Aug 20 2008, 10:45 AM)
REQ: will you think about adding dpg playback and picture viewing capabilities aswell (just asking) ?

I'm working on picture viewing, but video playback may take some time.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
cornaljoe said:
pasc said:
Download link is down
frown.gif

Fixed! I believe I did this everytime I uploaded the file. I always forget to take out the spaces.
wacko.gif

QUOTE(pasc @ Aug 20 2008, 10:45 AM) BTW:

EDIT: REQ: will you think about adding dpg playback and picture viewing capabilities aswell (just asking) ?

That's right! Just copy your other flashcart DLDI file to the "DATA/DSBrowser" folder. Rename it to dsbdisk.dldi. I've already included the AKRPG Nand DLDI, so no need to worry about that. If you don't own a AKRPG you can delete that file with no problem.
Wow, that's great! I liked the whole dual DLDI thing, but this is even better
biggrin.gif

P

pasc

How about a version that has the default skin embeded and writes the ini file to the root of the card.
the dldi file could also be in the root.

I just ask cause I had several patched versions of version 0.8 that didn't require any data folder...

OR:

maybe a way to configure the path the DSBrowser uses in a ini file ? that would be awesome !

-------

Also: would it be possible to make DSBrowser autodetect the second card (except the AK NAND which seems too complicated) without the need for a .dldi file ? I for example got 2 slot 2 cards, and always having to remember to switch the Dldi file doesn't sound like fun.

BTW: are you gonna enter your application in a compo ? Sounds like a good idea, DSBrowser sure got some neat features.

cornaljoe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pasc said:
How about a version that has the default skin embeded and writes the ini file to the root of the card.
the dldi file could also be in the root.

I just ask cause I had several patched versions of version 0.8 that didn't require any data folder...

OR:

maybe a way to configure the path the DSBrowser uses in a ini file ? that would be awesome !

-------

Also: would it be possible to make DSBrowser autodetect the second card (except the AK NAND which seems too complicated) without the need for a .dldi file ? I for example got 2 slot 2 cards, and always having to remember to switch the Dldi file doesn't sound like fun.

BTW: are you gonna enter your application in a compo ? Sounds like a good idea, DSBrowser sure got some neat features.

The DLDI file is required, there is no way around that, but I actually originally planned for a similiar feature but forgot to code it in. I can do a quick update so that it will scan the "DATA/DSBrowser" folder for ".dldi" files and attempt to load the FAT. This way you can store as many DLDI as you need in one place. Also the filenames won't matter so you won't have to rename them. I want to keep everything in the "DATA" folder as alot of homebrew do nowadays.

I entered into the homebrew bounty and I might enter into the Neo Comp. I just wanted to see some reactions before I decided to.

P

pasc

sounds good.

if you could do that I would def try it out.

About the data folder: you are right about that one. I would only want an optional parameter in the ini file to configure it (if possible) thats all.

Good luck at the compo I'll make sure to vote for your app.

cornaljoe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pasc said:
sounds good.

About the data folder: you are right about that one. I would only want an optional parameter in the ini file to configure it (if possible) thats all.

Updated. Just re-download and let me know how it works. Thanks for the support!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, now that I think about it: I've got one suggestion. It might be nice to use a system like YSMenu to enable booting of DS and GBA roms. It's probably not worth the effort though, but it would be nice. DSBrowser would be a perfect firmware replacement for R4 users.
cornaljoe said:
The DLDI file is required, there is no way around that, but I actually originally planned for a similiar feature but forgot to code it in. I can do a quick update so that it will scan the "DATA/DSBrowser" folder for ".dldi" files and attempt to load the FAT. This way you can store as many DLDI as you need in one place. Also the filenames won't matter so you won't have to rename them. I want to keep everything in the "DATA" folder as alot of homebrew do nowadays.
That sounds good. So you wouldn't even need selecting which cart you use? It would just scan which DLDI-file will work? In that case, I'd just include all DLDI-files of Slot-2 cards, because they aren't that large anyway.
cornaljoe said:
I entered into the homebrew bounty and I might enter into the Neo Comp. I just wanted to see some reactions before I decided to.
Good luck! DSBrowser is very useful, and if I look at the new features it's a full replacement for DSOrganize for me
biggrin.gif

cornaljoe said:
QUOTE(pasc @ Aug 20 2008, 11:30 AM)
sounds good.

Updated. Just re-download and let me know how it works. Thanks for the support!
What, already? That's awesome
biggrin.gif
I'll re-download and try it out.

Edit: it works... partially. I can give my M3 Perfect DLDI-file any name I want, and DSBrowser uses it. The problem is, as soon as I put the Ewin2 DLDI file in the same directory, the application won't launch, booting with two white screens.

P

pasc

Ok, I tried it now with the following results:

M3 Simply - Gbamp = works but displays 3 fats, fat 0:/ and 3 being the Slot 1 and 2 being Slot 2.

M3 Simply - M3 CF = DS Browser boots after some seconds... however fat 0 and 1 are both slot one... no sight of the m3cf fat

I didn't try booting from the Slot 2 cards.

I stuck the M3 simply dldi , gbamp dldi and the m3 cf dldi all in the dsbrowser folder like said.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
pasc said:
I stuck the M3 simply dldi , gbamp dldi and the m3 cf dldi all in the dsbrowser folder like said.
The M3 Simply DLDI doesn't need to be there (if I understand correctly), just the Slot-2 DLDI files.

Oh, and another feature request: is it possible to control the entire application with the buttons? I don't like having to choose the file browser with the Touch Screen.

P

pasc

Maikel Steneker said:
pasc said:
The M3 Simply DLDI doesn't need to be there (if I understand correctly), just the Slot-2 DLDI files.

Oh, and another feature request: is it possible to control the entire application with the buttons? I don't like having to choose the file browser with the Touch Screen.
I just sticked it in incase I wanna use the whole thing from slot 2, but I will retry after removing the slot 1 dldi of course too and then report back.

cornaljoe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pasc said:
Maikel Steneker said:
pasc said:

I just sticked it in incase I wanna use the whole thing form slot 2, but I will retry after removing the slot 1 dldi of course too and then report back.

Yeah, he's right. You don't need to include the DLDI file for the cart loading because it auto-patches. Just put in the other DLDI files in.
Edit: it works... partially. I can give my M3 Perfect DLDI-file any name I want, and DSBrowser uses it. The problem is, as soon as I put the Ewin2 DLDI file in the same directory, the application won't launch, booting with two white screens.

Does it boot with just the Ewin2 DLDI inside?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
cornaljoe said:
pasc said:
Maikel Steneker said:
pasc said:

I just sticked it in incase I wanna use the whole thing form slot 2, but I will retry after removing the slot 1 dldi of course too and then report back.

Yeah, he's right. You don't need to include the DLDI file for the cart loading because it auto-patches. Just put in the other DLDI files in.

Does it boot with just the Ewin2 DLDI inside?
It's acting really strange now... It doesn't matter if I have the M3 or Ewin2 or both DLDI-file(s) inside the directory, it won't boot unless I don't have any Slot-2 card inserted. I'll try formatting SD-cards and such, maybe I can get it to work.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Maikel Steneker said:
It's acting really strange now... It doesn't matter if I have the M3 or Ewin2 or both DLDI-file(s) inside the directory, it won't boot unless I don't have any Slot-2 card inserted. I'll try formatting SD-cards and such, maybe I can get it to work.
Doesn't work when my EZ Flash IV Lite Deluxe is inserted either.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Damn, I can't get it to work anymore. Whatever SD card I use, whatever DLDI-files I use, using the M3 Real or the AceKard 2, using the M3 Perfect or Ewin2, it doesn't work.
pasc said:
I get a feeling that keeping several prepatched 0.8's might be a better plan...
So do I... Or maybe it's just the auto scan feature that ruins anything. I think selecting a DLDI-file from the DS might be a better idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi: