Hardware Deleted hard drive! HELP!!!!

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something went terribly wrong when I was dumping my Wii nand for use as emunand when using the Nand dumper in Wiiflow. Now all my games and files that were on my hard drive are gone! They're not erased from the hard drive, as it still shows it as being as full as it was,(a big chunk of the available space is still taken up) but I don't SEE them. What should I do? I tried doing a disk check, but it's hanging at 100%.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible that you perhaps created a new partition on your HDD, and that your USB loader is reading from a tiny, empty partition and not hooking your games partition?
It's all a single partition. I enabled viewing of hidden files and folders, looked in the recycle bin. The files aren't in there.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same thing happen using cleanrip all that was left on my drive was the iso cleanrip made but it still showed used space lucky for me i have a backup drive. If you dont have a backup you should try some data recovery software https://www.piriform.com/recuva I dont know how good this is but it might work.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Data Recovery Pro. It's showing a bunch of the games that were deleted, but they're shown as 0 bytes. Still has a while to scan, dunno if that'll change once it's done...

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Using Data Recovery Pro. It's showing a bunch of the games that were deleted, but they're shown as 0 bytes. Still has a while to scan, dunno if that'll change once it's done...

The scan will take a looong time, most likely overnight, but once it's done you should see file sizes and bea ble to recover.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to decide if it would be worth waiting, or just format and copy it all back over. Last time took 3 days.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get Data Back is the BEST Data Recovery Program on the market, hands down.

Before getting that though, make sure in your Folder Options that it is set to show invisible folders in case your folders were set to invisible by mistake.

Also if you know the names of the file, do a Folder Search for them, or their extensions if any I.E. *.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE