Deleted hard drive! HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Drak0rex, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Drak0rex
    OP

Drak0rex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    Something went terribly wrong when I was dumping my Wii nand for use as emunand when using the Nand dumper in Wiiflow. Now all my games and files that were on my hard drive are gone! They're not erased from the hard drive, as it still shows it as being as full as it was,(a big chunk of the available space is still taken up) but I don't SEE them. What should I do? I tried doing a disk check, but it's hanging at 100%.

2. Gamemaster1379

Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2008
    United States
    United States
    Is it possible that you perhaps created a new partition on your HDD, and that your USB loader is reading from a tiny, empty partition and not hooking your games partition?

3. Drak0rex
    OP

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    It's all a single partition. I enabled viewing of hidden files and folders, looked in the recycle bin. The files aren't in there.

4. worm28

worm28 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2013
    United States
    I had the same thing happen using cleanrip all that was left on my drive was the iso cleanrip made but it still showed used space lucky for me i have a backup drive. If you dont have a backup you should try some data recovery software https://www.piriform.com/recuva I dont know how good this is but it might work.

5. Drak0rex
    OP

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    Using Data Recovery Pro. It's showing a bunch of the games that were deleted, but they're shown as 0 bytes. Still has a while to scan, dunno if that'll change once it's done...

6. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    The scan will take a looong time, most likely overnight, but once it's done you should see file sizes and bea ble to recover.

7. Drak0rex
    OP

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    Trying to decide if it would be worth waiting, or just format and copy it all back over. Last time took 3 days.

8. Digital.One.Entity

Digital.One.Entity Banned

Banned
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    Right Here
    Use this :

http://www.easeus.com/

Free version will do any & everything for HDs.....check it out and see if your Drive comes up and try a Scan maybe sectors were corrupted or maybe the partition isn't active anymore

9. Drak0rex
    OP

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    I have Easeus. Drive is active and primary.

10. Drak0rex
    OP

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    Where would be a good place to find info on this? Need to know exact problem to search for.

11. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    Get Data Back is the BEST Data Recovery Program on the market, hands down.

Before getting that though, make sure in your Folder Options that it is set to show invisible folders in case your folders were set to invisible by mistake.

Also if you know the names of the file, do a Folder Search for them, or their extensions if any I.E. *.png

12. Drak0rex
    OP

Oct 12, 2014
    United States

13. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Since everyone is suggesting stuff, I've got nothing but the highest of praises for testdisk. http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk. Ought to do well to solve your issue, though so will most of the other programs here.

Spectro87 likes this.