Homebrew Dedicated HANS questions thread

kevman323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I previously used ninjhax and themehax. After 2.5, I updated ninjhax, and added the updated ropbin for themehax. After smea released his HANS fix, I downloaded that too. However, when running Pokemon ORAS through hans, keeping all settings default, but using the 804khz mode, 1v1 battles still lag using nijhax OR themehax. Is this normal? Does pokemon not benefit from speed boost? Did I do something wrong? Thanks.

EDIT: Eshop pokemon BTW

nallar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I previously used ninjhax and themehax. After 2.5, I updated ninjhax, and added the updated ropbin for themehax. After smea released his HANS fix, I downloaded that too. However, when running Pokemon ORAS through hans, keeping all settings default, but using the 804khz mode, 1v1 battles still lag using nijhax OR themehax. Is this normal? Does pokemon not benefit from speed boost? Did I do something wrong? Thanks.

EDIT: Eshop pokemon BTW
HANS CPU speed setting was bugged, but it's been fixed now. If you download the starter pack again and extract it to your SD card again, replacing the existing files, the speed setting should start working.

kevman323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HANS CPU speed setting was bugged, but it's been fixed now. If you download the starter pack again and extract it to your SD card again, replacing the existing files, the speed setting should start working.

I already re-downloaded the starter pack from smealum when he posted it on his twitter after he fixed it, but I'll try again.

EDIT: Downloaded again. It seems better, but still has frame drops during some camera transitions in battle. Is this normal?

Last edited by kevman323,
D

Deleted-236924

Anyone think it could be possible to use hans to trick Pokémon games into thinking you are using a different language of the game, for purposes of downloading event Pokémon?
You can set a different language when you play the game but it's not the only thing it checks for events downloaded via Wi-Fi. We can't simply spoof the 3DS region to JPN and the language to JP in HANS for now because HANS won't load game updates anyway, so the Mystery Gift menu would block you telling you to update to the latest version to use online features.

But I don't know if that would work either, it probably checks from the cartridge itself if it's the Japanese cartridge. Surely it would be possible to exit the game's data and use that edited data with HANS to trick the Mystery Gift servers into thinking you are using a different region cartridge so you can download Wi-Fi events and serial code events from different regions?

zbw2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already re-downloaded the starter pack from smealum when he posted it on his twitter after he fixed it, but I'll try again.

EDIT: Downloaded again. It seems better, but still has frame drops during some camera transitions in battle. Is this normal?
The frame drops are probably due to the game engine rather than the hardware.

Chawinyaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Chawinyaw,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone managed to figure out of we can use HANS to spoof the firmware and allow a system transfer?

I know we can use it to spoof the firmware for System Settings, but I have no idea what that would affect since I think the transfer process is handled by a different application.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i installed neo x but it does not boot can some one help me i just replaced the a folder with the one provied then rebuilt the rom and deleted unneeded hex but it black screens
Same with the ctgp problem. You probably deleted the hexes on the 1000 line. Try again but delete the last line that doesnt fill a whole row.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
My bad, sorry I didn't see the edit...

Not a problem!

Update:

1. I have an US O3DS, on firmware 9.0
2. My Gateway via browser exploit is still able to load.
3. Browserhax for HANS isn't working for me.
4. Have DS whitelist/ flashcardtimewarp installed.

Any ideas on how to get HANs working based on above set up?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one