Hacking Decrypting savegames - This file is corrupt- Near error

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-File is corrupt- when starting up the game of the save you edited? That means you fubar'd the savefile somewhere along the way, pal. I got the same thing when trying to edit Atelier Totori- turned out I had to edit the main save and the sdslotsave.bin as well.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
-File is corrupt- when starting up the game of the save you edited? That means you fubar'd the savefile somewhere along the way, pal. I got the same thing when trying to edit Atelier Totori- turned out I had to edit the main save and the sdslotsave.bin as well.

No i don't think so? The guide is describing entering an adress in browser, This in turn launching the systemapp "near" on the psvita.
Which should unlock the savegame files somehow?
It says: then open to the user manual for your application.
2: Try opening your application, instead you will be greeted with molecularShell, press select as usual to launch the FTP server.
3: Finally, you now have access to the decrypted versions of your target application's files

When i try this i dont the manual for application but: This file is corrupt.
However if i put in my game DOA extreme 3 (the game i try to decrypt)
I get the message:
you cannot use the application that is on this PS vita card, an icon for the same application is already installed....

Because molecuar shell is already installed...

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You messed up somewhere. Start over @Mr Gas' old trick. I was getting the same thing as well until I went into SQL Lite and tinkered with my app.db.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You messed up somewhere. Start over @Mr Gas' old trick. I was getting the same thing as well until I went into SQL Lite and tinkered with my app.db.
What is Mr gas old trick????? lol haha

Also i did the SQL app.db thing. with sqlbrowser. i made no mistake... and it seems the other people havent either that posted in that thread, dont u think it's strange? no people also commenting it worked..

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the same boat. I followed the tutorial word for word, it didn't work so I restored it, and I tried it again and I still am getting the same result
Code:
"You cannot use the application that is on this PS Vita card.  An icon for the same application is already installed"

When I try to launch the game (Persona 4 Golden) it refuses to load the game and instead says
Code:
"Insert a PS Vita card that contains this application"

But I have the game card inserted already. So I looked at the game cart icon and instead of P4G, it shows Molecule..

*EDIT* I removed the files in the patch folder and the game is recognizeable again, I just don't know where I went wrong with the save path..

Last edited by ness151,
Reactions: Chrisssj2

GanglyFever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the same boat. I followed the tutorial word for word, it didn't work so I restored it, and I tried it again and I still am getting the same result
Code:
"You cannot use the application that is on this PS Vita card.  An icon for the same application is already installed"

When I try to launch the game (Persona 4 Golden) it refuses to load the game and instead says
Code:

But I have the game card inserted already. So I looked at the game cart icon and instead of P4G, it shows Molecule..

*EDIT* I removed the files in the patch folder and the game is recognizeable again, I just don't know where I went wrong with the save path..

I had the same problem, and then I changed the transfer type in FileZilla ( Transfer > Transfer type) to Binary

Can someone help me how to decrypt saves? I'm having a hell of a hard time. BTW, i was using https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-dump-psvita-games.413600/ . i can't get past..step 1. I installed Henkaku and can't get step 2 to work. need an even more dumbed down explination

I'm pretty dumb, but I followed this guide here and I got it working.

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I actually figured it out... this is going to sound weird but here's what I did.

I found out I was actually able to access my game cart slot unencrypted, so I dumped my manual folder and put that into the patch folder, along with the files from the Moleculeshell app. I tried going into my manual for P4G and that said it was corrupt, so on a whim I tried starting the game and this time it just booted Moleculeshell. So from there I went into savegame (I had access to all of my saves) and just dumped the save from there.

Reactions: Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Code:

Code:

I have the EXACT same "thing" but i dont think we did anything wrong??? i choose the correct game title and placed the right files as the tutorial...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think I actually figured it out... this is going to sound weird but here's what I did.

I found out I was actually able to access my game cart slot unencrypted, so I dumped my manual folder and put that into the patch folder, along with the files from the Moleculeshell app. I tried going into my manual for P4G and that said it was corrupt, so on a whim I tried starting the game and this time it just booted Moleculeshell. So from there I went into savegame (I had access to all of my saves) and just dumped the save from there.

So you didn't actually do anything different the the first time around? just that this time you started the moleculeshell app and went to the savefolder and copied it over.
I haven't actually tried to start the gamecard after it "turned into" moleculeshell app.. i just figured since near said corrupt it wouldnt work..
So and how do you know your savegame you now have is decrypted???

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What save data editor do you use? ^^
Tried launching the Application but it says Insert ps vita card that contains this appplication

so I dumped my manual folder

What do you mean with" so I dumped my manual folder " ? Where do i get this for my game?

EDIT:
Do you mean you copied over your game's PCSH******* /SCE_SYS/Manual folder into the game's patch folder along with moleculeshell?

Tried launching the Application but it says Insert ps vita card that contains this appplication

so I dumped my manual folder

What do you mean with" so I dumped my manual folder " ? Where do i get this for my game?

EDIT:
Do you mean you copied over your game's PCSH******* /SCE_SYS/Manual folder into the game's patch folder along with moleculeshell?
If I do this, near will still say corrupt, and Deador alive extreme 3 app won't launch the molecule app..

How did u actually "Acces" the manual? I tried going into my manual for P4G u say.. But where would u do this? (the little book above? ) I tried it and it said insert card that contains this application.... so the manual doesnt launch nor this it say its corrupt.. (oh i think u ment via the near application method/browser.. well tried that too.. still same result. after that the game wont launch still insert card it says..

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

thtl1999

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have same problem. in Korea, near app can not be opened so i used other apps. some tutorial says scheme gr0 is gro0 and not like near app, other apps have other flags so i deleted it.
i used other apps but problem is not came from not using near app.
i think i have no psn psp game. mr.gas's original method is using psp game to access. so i think that's the problem.
in this time, it's too late. i cannot access psn store to get one.

ps. i never downloaded psp game. so i have no file in /tm0:/npdrm

there should be act.dat file

no i was wrong. found finally!
in web broswer, you sould write gro0:app/[TITLEID] not ux0:app/[TITLEID]\
solved!

Last edited by thtl1999,

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have same problem. in Korea, near app can not be opened so i used other apps. some tutorial says scheme gr0 is gro0 and not like near app, other apps have other flags so i deleted it.
i used other apps but problem is not came from not using near app.
i think i have no psn psp game. mr.gas's original method is using psp game to access. so i think that's the problem.
in this time, it's too late. i cannot access psn store to get one.

ps. i never downloaded psp game. so i have no file in /tm0:/npdrm

there should be act.dat file

no i was wrong. found finally!
in web broswer, you sould write gro0:app/[TITLEID] not ux0:app/[TITLEID]\
solved!

You use gro0: for a physical game and ux0: for a digital game. I've forgotten to change that part a few times when switching between games so I've seen the same error in Near.
Also you need to add both gro0 and ux0 into your app.db file in order for them both to work, depending on how you followed the guides depends if you only added one or both of them.

As for the "You cannot use the application that is on this PS Vita card. An icon for the same application is already installed" error. That sometimes happens when you add molecularshell to the games patch folder. It's reading the game as molecular (you can see this on physical games by looking at the icon that appear in the corner showing what game is in), but you've already got molecular as an icon on the vita.

To avoid that error you have to follow the steps properly, even if you've already done them with a different game beforehand.

1. If it's a physical game, insert the game first (do not have molecular shell game patch already installed)
2. Launch molecular shell and create/apply the patch folder.
3. Head over to the browser and use either "gro0" or "ux0" depending on what state of game you have.
4. After Near opens confirm it shows the games manual (it might not for some games but so long as there's no error it should work).
5. Return to home menu and enter game, molecular shell will load.

I've only every had this issue with physical games and whenever it happens I rename the games mshell patch folder and reinsert the cart, then I do the above steps and it works every time. (just make sure to use the right command and titleID in browser)

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should've posted earlier but I was tired and I went to bed. What I thought was a decrypted game, wasn't. I ended up having to switch using the near app to using the email app. After doing that, it would still say the manual was corrupt, but I was able to ftp in and go to gro0: and download the decrypted files. I verified this by being able to view the *.mp4 files on my vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool