SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi. I live in the UK and was planning on ordering a DSTT from Deal Extreme. I was wondering, because it comes from hong kong, do i have to pay any extra costs, like import tax or anything? also, is there ever a problem with something like that getting through customs due to its use in piracy?

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I have placed orders valued $2000 + and I have never been hit with any Customs Fees or confiscations as a result.

Mind you I am in Canada, not the UK, but their packaging is usually marked in a way to minimize chances of customs searching.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've odered quite alot of stuff from them and have never been stung for extra customs charges and never had a package stopped either.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
There is a 1 cent extra cost for everything you order, not for each product, but for the order as a whole. This is so PayPal can register the delivery method(Air Mail) and be called upon should delivery issues occur. But comeon it's one cent. XD

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never seen any, don't think there are customs fees because of their methods of shipping, I believe with air mail you don't get dinged but it takes a while to arrive, whereas the more expensive and faster postal service might because they actually use a delivery company.

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep same story here never got caught for more than that 1 cent charge its a great site
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Looks like a brown recluse