Deal Extreme extra costs

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by SifJar, Apr 20, 2009.

1. SifJar
    OP

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    Hi. I live in the UK and was planning on ordering a DSTT from Deal Extreme. I was wondering, because it comes from hong kong, do i have to pay any extra costs, like import tax or anything? also, is there ever a problem with something like that getting through customs due to its use in piracy?

2. Mr.Seiko

Mr.Seiko GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2008
    Canada
    PEI
    Personally, I have placed orders valued $2000 + and I have never been hit with any Customs Fees or confiscations as a result.

Mind you I am in Canada, not the UK, but their packaging is usually marked in a way to minimize chances of customs searching.

3. TrolleyDave

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    I've odered quite alot of stuff from them and have never been stung for extra customs charges and never had a package stopped either.

4. Searinox

Searinox <3

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    There is a 1 cent extra cost for everything you order, not for each product, but for the order as a whole. This is so PayPal can register the delivery method(Air Mail) and be called upon should delivery issues occur. But comeon it's one cent. XD

5. dice

dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

Former Staff
    Oct 26, 2002
    England
    No extra costs from my numerous orders.

6. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    Never seen any, don't think there are customs fees because of their methods of shipping, I believe with air mail you don't get dinged but it takes a while to arrive, whereas the more expensive and faster postal service might because they actually use a delivery company.

7. Golin

Golin GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2007
    United States
    United States
    I've never been hit with any extra charges for ordering from DX. I live in the U.S.

8. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    I just ordered an AceKard2i from them and there are no extra charges at all, except for the 1 cent charge.

9. Deathmore

Deathmore GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2008
    London
    I've been ordering from them and so far nothing has happend. So I guess you can order ahead

10. rommy667

rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2008
    Down the road around the corner
    Yep same story here never got caught for more than that 1 cent charge its a great site [​IMG]