Hacking DeadSkullzJr's NDS(i) Cheat Databases

brianh123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm running a R4 Revolution for DS v1.18 and replaced the existing CHEAT.dat file with this cheat.dat and even less games now have the box Cheat(Y). How do I fix this?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running a R4 Revolution for DS v1.18 and replaced the existing CHEAT.dat file with this cheat.dat and even less games now have the box Cheat(Y). How do I fix this?
1. Make sure your dumps are proper and not bad dumps.
2. You could use Wood R4 on your R4 given that's a much better kernel with better compatibility.

boggi_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey guys!
so I've spent quite some time looking for an answer for my problem but couldn't find any.
I'm usin Wood R4 v1.62 and I am not getting the cheat list working. I have the button visible but its not opening anything...
the SD was a clean install and i am usin usrcheat.dat as written in the guide...any tips or solutions?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys!
so I've spent quite some time looking for an answer for my problem but couldn't find any.
I'm usin Wood R4 v1.62 and I am not getting the cheat list working. I have the button visible but its not opening anything...
the SD was a clean install and i am usin usrcheat.dat as written in the guide...any tips or solutions?
If the cheat menu isn't showing up, then it's likely because you are using a bad dump of the game. I only support good dumps in my databases. Check your hash data of the problematic titles and verify that they are correct.

boggi_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If the cheat menu isn't showing up, then it's likely because you are using a bad dump of the game. I only support good dumps in my databases. Check your hash data of the problematic titles and verify that they are correct.
alright, so i checked the roms and the crc32's were correct. this is the info i got from nds top system. does it have to do anything with the fact that it's decrypted? (yet i believe as far as I know it doesnt matter really.)

The header information of file Pokemon - Platinum Version (Europe).nds
-----------------------------------------
Software Title: POKEMON PL
Game Serial: NTR-CPUE-USA
Maker Code: 01
Publisher: Nintendo
Logo Code: 0xCF56(OK)
Header CRC: 0xA78B(OK)
Secure CRC: 0xF8B8(Decrypted)
Cart Size: 1024 mbit(OK)
CRC32: 0x71ACA63A

Duckweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the only thing i can click on in this post is the spoiler tags haha how can i actually access all these databases? specifically chasing usrcheat.dat for twilight menu++ thanks in advance

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, so i checked the roms and the crc32's were correct. this is the info i got from nds top system. does it have to do anything with the fact that it's decrypted? (yet i believe as far as I know it doesnt matter really.)

The header information of file Pokemon - Platinum Version (Europe).nds
Software Title: POKEMON PL
Game Serial: NTR-CPUE-USA
Maker Code: 01
Publisher: Nintendo
Logo Code: 0xCF56(OK)
Header CRC: 0xA78B(OK)
Secure CRC: 0xF8B8(Decrypted)
Cart Size: 1024 mbit(OK)
CRC32: 0x71ACA63A
This looks like a good dump, strange...The database has the list for this version available, so I'm unsure why the menu isn't showing up. Double check to make sure you stuck the right database in the right location.
the only thing i can click on in this post is the spoiler tags haha how can i actually access all these databases? specifically chasing usrcheat.dat for twilight menu++ thanks in advance
I stuck a download link in a spoiler of the main thread post, you can't miss it. It will take you to my repository, you'll have to manually navigate it to get to that database (pretty easy using a little bit of reading so don't worry).

boggi_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This looks like a good dump, strange...The database has the list for this version available, so I'm unsure why the menu isn't showing up. Double check to make sure you stuck the right database in the right location.

I stuck a download link in a spoiler of the main thread post, you can't miss it. It will take you to my repository, you'll have to manually navigate it to get to that database (pretty easy using a little bit of reading so don't worry).
as i'm using Wood R4 i put it in__rpg/cheats so thats right. waiting on another cart rn, just to check if it's not the cart thats kinda fcuked up.

Aeric343

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi so i was really hoping to play harvest moon ds with cheats but i noticed your database doesn't list it as one it has even though i saw you had it at one point, can i ask what happened? and if you have an copy of the database with those cheats? i don't mind and older one as long as i can get access to those cheats

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi so i was really hoping to play harvest moon ds with cheats but i noticed your database doesn't list it as one it has even though i saw you had it at one point, can i ask what happened? and if you have an copy of the database with those cheats? i don't mind and older one as long as i can get access to those cheats
I never got rid of it, if your ROM is modified in some manner, whether it be a translation or a hack of sorts, I probably don't have it in the databases yet. If it's a bad dump of the game, I don't support those, I only support proper dumps if I can help it. If it's the case of having a bad dump, you'll need to acquire a proper dump on your own time.

boggi_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
as i'm using Wood R4 i put it in__rpg/cheats so thats right. waiting on another cart rn, just to check if it's not the cart thats kinda fcuked up.
My issue can be marked as resolved. installed YSMenu and it's showing me the menu now inside of YSMenu. still don't know why it is not showing in R4 but it doesn't matter now.

boggi_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
aight so the following occured:

Inside of the YSMenu cart update there was an usrcheat.dat which worked but seemed outdated. so i replaced with this one.
aaaand it did not work. i reverted back to the original one and the menu showed up in YSMenu.
so kinda weird and i don't know what the issue might be.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aight so the following occured:

Inside of the YSMenu cart update there was an usrcheat.dat which worked but seemed outdated. so i replaced with this one.
aaaand it did not work. i reverted back to the original one and the menu showed up in YSMenu.
so kinda weird and i don't know what the issue might be.
Again, you are using either a modified or bad dump of the game. The only reason the older database has the menu show up is because that older database supported bad dumps, which I'm assuming is your issue. You need to acquire a good dump of the game for the cheat menu to show up.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol