Hacking DeadSkullzJr's NDS(i) Cheat Databases

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it isn't able to read more than 250KB+ of data so it says "nope" and the game can't load.

Out of curiosity how many cheats does that actually amount to? As much as I generally abhor arbitrary limits on things, that sounds like a massive number of cheats, and it's hard for me to imagine that it's actually easy to deal with that on the system itself (as in having to go through dozens of pages to find cheats). Except for AP patch, DS light, and very, very rarely anything else (I did toy with codes for AC: WW as I don't dare to toy with my GC town), I have very limited experience with cheats on the DS. Are there user tools on the PC to readily manage the cheats to practically get around the limitation?

I appreciate your efforts, just as I appreciate the efforts of all those here with the passion to pursue their own contribution to the community. So please keep up the good work. :)

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity how many cheats does that actually amount to? As much as I generally abhor arbitrary limits on things, that sounds like a massive number of cheats, and it's hard for me to imagine that it's actually easy to deal with that on the system itself (as in having to go through dozens of pages to find cheats). Except for AP patch, DS light, and very, very rarely anything else (I did toy with codes for AC: WW as I don't dare to toy with my GC town), I have very limited experience with cheats on the DS. Are there user tools on the PC to readily manage the cheats to practically get around the limitation?

I appreciate your efforts, just as I appreciate the efforts of all those here with the passion to pursue their own contribution to the community. So please keep up the good work. :)
Well with just the ones I added alone, over 1000+ individual codes. With all the codes combined, I’d say 1500+ codes.

Edit: there is over 2700+ codes.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you meant how many codes in the database as a whole then there is well over thousands of codes, WAY to much to count lol.

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you run into any games that you have to remove cheats for, you can at least throw them into a extra removed.cheat file, just for preservation sake.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Fire Emblem New Mystery, I'm assuming the changes were just for the translation, right? Not seeing any cheats on DSTWO+.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Fire Emblem New Mystery, I'm assuming the changes were just for the translation, right? Not seeing any cheats on DSTWO+.
Strange, I just checked, I have cheats in the database for both the original Japanese game and the translation. I would check to make sure you have the proper dump.

You need this dump:
File: Fire Emblem - Shin Monshou no Nazo - Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu (Japan) (Rev 1) (NDSi Enhanced) .nds
CRC-32: B6AF36B5
MD4: 910B855C7B3DA8C322120988B3062D28
MD5: 7C5BE815DEF8FB6C00231CB82F492C8A
SHA-1: E5BAE33CCB7EA5B7D4A0312AB2ED24F705594DAE

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,
D

Deleted User

@DeadSkullzJr I know that you said you don't give us a specific date for when you plan to release this big update, but could you at least give us an idea of how complete it is. Like is it 30%-40% done? Or is it like 80% done?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little video showing what I have been up to recently, more specifically for Pokemon generation four. What you will see in the video is WIP but as we speak the cheat is finished, I am currently porting it so it works with other regional variants of the games. If you guys know what the Cute Charm Glitch is in Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver then this shouldn't be too much fresh information for ya. For those that don't know already though, Pokemon generation four had a funny but cool glitch dealing with Pokemon that have the Cute Charm ability and your TID/SID. Basically depending on the specific conditions, you will encounter Pokemon 20% of the time based on the shiny group you choose (also based on the gender of you Cute Charm Pokemon). This glitch is really useful for shiny Pokemon in generation four, however the process to even perform the glitch requires a lot of time, a lot of patience, and a crap ton of resets (the kind that requires save file deleting). Even if you got a set of ID's to work you can only use that set of ID's for one specific shiny group. So I decided to take advantage of this information and whip up a set of codes that allow anyone WITH ANY ID'S to use the glitch as they please. Before you ask, NO the ID changes aren't permanent, with this code you can easily switch back to your original ID's as if nothing happened. This was all possible with some help from a good friend of course, our combined knowledge made this possible. Here it is the Cute Charm Glitch cheat demonstration!

(I recorded the video with my phone showing that the cheat works on real hardware, sorry if you don't like the quality, at least it is still HD lol.)

AsPika2219

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
New codes! ;) Just for Lego Marvel Super Heroes - Universe In Peril (Europe) with Game ID - TLMP 6B6A7FF5 which...

ALL CODES ARE SAMES AS GERMAN AND FRANCE VERSION! :D

Just copy all codes from German or France version into Europe version! :)

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, I went through your entire website and got all the codes missing into my databases, I converted quite a few of them as well for versions missing codes. Better start making more cheats lol :P.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When your work ethic is on point
I do my best to only give the very best for everyone. If I don't like it then I know you guys wouldn't either. Go big or go home B-).

Reactions: AsPika2219

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi