DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you vvm for that. I would never have guessed it was a real card and not a clone. How old is that card then, if it's a early one?
Maybe 10-11 years old. Knowing that kernel model is newer than the original R4, it had to be released somewhere around 2007-2008.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright guys, so lately I have been doing a lot of work on the cheat databases as you know, and I realized that some games such as the French version of Pokémon Heartgold and Soulsilver have really messed up translations in the cheat names. Not only that but these regional versions of the games lack so many cheats that the mainly used versions of the games have, aka the USA/European versions. So I decided to completely scrap the old cheats for the Spainish, German, Italian, and French versions of the games entirely and rebuild them from scratch, I also added some new cheats that I felt were overdue in being added in. I still have to work on the Korean and Japanese versions though so that will take me a little bit. This is just the first step into what I plan to do for these databases. As a little hint as to what I added, I made it possible for people to change the starter they usually get from Professor Elm to whatever you desire. I didn't go the cheap route either and make ALL three appear as one custom chosen Pokémon either, I literally made it so you can change all three Pokémon if you so choose to actually choose from in game rather than the generic choose a random starter to get the desired one you wanted. I did this for those that want a randomized feeling without having to patch the games.

Reactions: TheTrueDream42

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a 2.5 update rather than a 2.1 update with all the stuff you're adding in. I'm sure it will be great once it comes out though.

CorasaIchimaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a gold r4i flashcart and I was wondering what settings I need to make the cheats work for yugioh 5ds reverse of arcadia and yugioh 5ds over the nexus.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a gold r4i flashcart and I was wondering what settings I need to make the cheats work for yugioh 5ds reverse of arcadia and yugioh 5ds over the nexus.
Depends on the kernel your flashcart runs, if it is Wood R4 then you need to enable cheats via settings. If it is the default R4 kernel then you simply need to press I believe X or Y to switch the cheats on.

CorasaIchimaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I have to do it via settings but how do I set it to enable? unfortunately...I'm still new at this and it's confusing me quite a bit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it has a compatibility tab and a features tab. the features tab says : Cheat in Game(AR) and the options are off, on, global(on)
and a few other things, that's why I'm confused.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I have to do it via settings but how do I set it to enable? unfortunately...I'm still new at this and it's confusing me quite a bit.
in Wood R4, hit Start>>Settings>>You will see at the top it says "System settings", hit L until you see a tab labeled "Patches">>change the "Cheat in game(AR)" option to on.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that didn't woek. cheats still won't activate.
Well you also didn't enable the cheats for that specific game, you also need to enable that too, so find the game you want to use cheats on, hit Y>>Y again to open a tab called "Compatibility">>hit R once, right off the bat you will see an option at the top called "Cheat in Game(AR)" in the "Features tab", set that to on.

CorasaIchimaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I do that, my game just goes to a white screen and stays there.

I can still close it out like it's playing, but it won't load the game.

CorasaIchimaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any ideas?

well....I took off the anti-piracy code....and it loaded...but once again...without my selected cheats active

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any ideas?

well....I took off the anti-piracy code....and it loaded...but once again...without my selected cheats active
You don't need the AP cheats with Wood R4, the game works fine without the AP cheats. What game are you having trouble with?

awesome. Thanks for this.
No problem :)

CorasaIchimaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is what mine looks like, another part of the problem is I can't tell what it is just by looking at it....so I may have given you the wrong info...

and no, I don't, only reason I managed to get mine done is I had help from a friend of a friend.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 127

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is what mine looks like, another part of the problem is I can't tell what it is just by looking at it....so I may have given you the wrong info...
That is the R4i Gold 3DS Plus, runs Wood R4 v1.64, that is the same cart I use for tests and what not for my cheats.

by any chance do you know how to remove timebomb on this card. I have the 2016 version of it.

http://www.r4isdhc.com/2014-r4isdhc-gold-pro/
Yes, use YSmenu:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)