Hardware Dead/bricked Wii?

MakoBlue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, so straight to the point. I just got a backup of Mad World from my brother, but it didn't play, just gave me a black screen at boot, i kept trying with every backup loader, i even made a iso image from the game and put it on my hard drive and still nothing, so my brother tells me to upgrade to 4.0 (my Wii was 3.2) because that worked for him. So i get all ready to do this, i got all the guides, read all the stuff and i start upgrading, half way through the power goes out
wtf.gif
, 2 hours later it comes back on, i try to boot my wii and it just gives me a black screen, no sounds, no nothing.

So the question is, is this thing fully bricked?, is a softmod hack with twilight princess btw, softmii, cios rev 13a, i did have preloader installed but that doesn't work, so i'm open to suggestions. Could that GC controller thing work with this kind of thing?, i heard some boot dvd's might work, but i don't want to burn dvd's if they are not going to work.

ryuhosuke

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
its fully bricked
reason being is that it was updating and during the update the power outage occured and it is now a dead weight.

i think there is a way tho, try getting savemii somewhere may restore you back to 3.2

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The "GC Controlelr thing" is starfall, usually its installed in stead of Preloader. You probably don't have it unless you used AnyRegionChanger to downgrade to 3.2 if you were ever on 3.3 or 3.4.

Anyways... just send it to Nintendo saying that the power went out while you were updating. HOWEVER if you have any backup loader channels installed from wads or anything you might get caught. Otherwise you should be alright.

Or you could get a modchip if you think you might get caught with the cIOS's and crap. They're only about $50, which is usually less they you are fined if Nintendo finds backup capable stuff.

MakoBlue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies guys, figures, just as i started getting back into the whole Wii thing
blink.gif
, but anyways, i might get a replacement for free, I know some people in the power company, so i could just issue a complain and i'll get a new one
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Bugspanker 2000.