Dead/bricked Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by MakoBlue, Jun 20, 2009.

Jun 20, 2009

Dead/bricked Wii? by MakoBlue at 7:05 PM (593 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. MakoBlue
    OP

Newcomer MakoBlue Newbie

United States
    Hello all, so straight to the point. I just got a backup of Mad World from my brother, but it didn't play, just gave me a black screen at boot, i kept trying with every backup loader, i even made a iso image from the game and put it on my hard drive and still nothing, so my brother tells me to upgrade to 4.0 (my Wii was 3.2) because that worked for him. So i get all ready to do this, i got all the guides, read all the stuff and i start upgrading, half way through the power goes out [​IMG], 2 hours later it comes back on, i try to boot my wii and it just gives me a black screen, no sounds, no nothing.

So the question is, is this thing fully bricked?, is a softmod hack with twilight princess btw, softmii, cios rev 13a, i did have preloader installed but that doesn't work, so i'm open to suggestions. Could that GC controller thing work with this kind of thing?, i heard some boot dvd's might work, but i don't want to burn dvd's if they are not going to work.

2. ryuhosuke

Newcomer ryuhosuke Advanced Member

Canada
    its fully bricked
    reason being is that it was updating and during the update the power outage occured and it is now a dead weight.

i think there is a way tho, try getting savemii somewhere may restore you back to 3.2

3. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    The "GC Controlelr thing" is starfall, usually its installed in stead of Preloader. You probably don't have it unless you used AnyRegionChanger to downgrade to 3.2 if you were ever on 3.3 or 3.4.

Anyways... just send it to Nintendo saying that the power went out while you were updating. HOWEVER if you have any backup loader channels installed from wads or anything you might get caught. Otherwise you should be alright.

Or you could get a modchip if you think you might get caught with the cIOS's and crap. They're only about $50, which is usually less they you are fined if Nintendo finds backup capable stuff.

4. MakoBlue
    OP

Newcomer MakoBlue Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the replies guys, figures, just as i started getting back into the whole Wii thing [​IMG], but anyways, i might get a replacement for free, I know some people in the power company, so i could just issue a complain and i'll get a new one [​IMG].