• Views 422,487
  • Replies 768
  • Likes 53

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Whats the average ripping time for a game? I'm attempting to rip Lego Dimensions for a friend, the gamedat files are huge and timely...
Dump speed is about 1 MB/s. So you can calculate the ripping time yourself for games up to 21 GB :D

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Thanks Dimok for the dumper, works great. I managed to dump 6 games Flawlessly.
However i have one game i couldn't dump. It is The amazing spiderman 1. The server is not responding and on the wii u gamepad i just got the message:

"Function AOC_Initialize is NULL"

Have you tried dumping /vol/code and /vol/content separately (as a workaround)?

Sepalod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

I have a small question. How can I dump a game which requires FW 5.5 on my WiiU (FW 5.4) without updating my console?

thx

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you need to spoof your firmware (update only the "version" file, and games will think you are on that version, while all other system files are not updated)
Check WUP installer thread in this forum's section. I think WUP installer works with 5.3.2 and 5.4.0

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally used this to dump my Scribblenauts unlimited disc but of course, no meta folder. I'm under the understanding that you can get the meta folder using jnustool or any other updater tool but I can't seam to download ANY updates using these tools right now. Are they all simultaneously down? UWizard - fail. Tried on MarioKart update also. missing title cert or something like that. Jnustool - can't even find the updates right now and I've used this before. New-Nusgrabbergui - failed when trying to decrypt. Something about failed to find a title cert or something like that.

Anybody else having this much trouble with getting meta folders right now? I'm THIS close to making loadiine GX2 versions of all my discs. Just need meta folders I think.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I finally used this to dump my Scribblenauts unlimited disc but of course, no meta folder. I'm under the understanding that you can get the meta folder using jnustool or any other updater tool but I can't seam to download ANY updates using these tools right now. Are they all simultaneously down? UWizard - fail. Tried on MarioKart update also. missing title cert or something like that. Jnustool - can't even find the updates right now and I've used this before. New-Nusgrabbergui - failed when trying to decrypt. Something about failed to find a title cert or something like that.

Anybody else having this much trouble with getting meta folders right now? I'm THIS close to making loadiine GX2 versions of all my discs. Just need meta folders I think.
Wait for a bit. dimok will release ddd 0.2 soon and you can dump the meta folder too.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

as promised here is a version of ddd that can dump the /vol/meta folder. Big thanks to @n1ghty for doing so many time consuming tests, especially since we encountered several issues with the system menu and attached USB devices.

So check out the git release page here:
https://github.com/dimok789/ddd/releases

How to use:
To dump the meta folder it requires a bit special treatment. As always just start the host application (with /vol/meta or /vol) and the WiiU application and run the title you want to dump. Now to dump the meta folder on WiiU disc titles or titles that are installed on USB you have to press the HOME button and the dumping of the meta folder will start. Wait for it to finish dumping before you close the home menu screen again. Now for titles that are installed to the NAND (system memory) this doesn't work. For those you have to exit the title to WiiU System Menu and wait up to 30 seconds. The meta folder dumping of the NAND title that was launched before should start about 15 Seconds after System Menu is started. This whole procedure is needed because the access rights are limited inside the game and are a bit higher on the system menu.

Explanation on how it is done:
So how do we dump the meta folder which is normally not accessable through the FS functions?
I was looking through the men.rpx (system menu) assembly and i saw it calling an FS function that looked interessting, FSBindMount. That function was called with path parameters that were interessting. The system menu creates with this something similar to a symbolic link on linux for the path ".../meta" to a path called "/vol/app_priv". So I started checking it out and find out that you can actually link any titles meta folder, e.g. /vol/storage_odd3/meta to a folder like /vol/app_priv or even just /vol/meta. From that position you can then access the folder /vol/meta (or the app_priv) with normal FS functions. There is only one problem with that, that you dont have access to those paths from the game titles or any other titles I tested except Mii Maker, System Menu and, you might have guessed it, Home Menu. So thats why I had to first do a few changes to the ddd application to actually bind the correct title that we want to dump. Now this is quite nice that you can create symlinks with this. I checked binding /vol/storage_odd03/code to some path but that wasn't accessable but I expected that kind of, though its too bad.
Well i played a bit more with it and found out that you can actually just hook that function and replace whatever the system tries to link to /vol/app_priv (or /vol/meta_priv (odd03 meta/manual) or /vol/private_mnt (usb mount)) and just link some other path you like to it. This allows you to inject the system some other meta path and with that you can for example make it load different icons for the titles that the system menu or the home menu displays. What we do with this? Well for now nothing as I didnt have much time for digging much deeper into this but this just smells like something we can exploit a little more ;).

EDIT:
I updated the WiiU archive on the release and added a new meta.xml and an icon.png from @TiMeBoMb4u2 (thanks)

Last edited by dimok,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to officially report that @dimok has done it again.

For the first time I've been able to successfully dump my physical Wii U game discs to a "ready2play" loadiine GX2 playable version. Now I can dump these all, sell them and buy a pro controller. You seriously rock! Here's the steps I used.

5.4u spoofed to 5.5.1
1. Put the game you want to dump in the Wii U
2. Create a folder on your PC or MAC where you want to dump
3. Run the command on your PC or Mac to dump and it will wait for you to do the Wii U stuff
4. Launch DDD Title dumper from HBL on the Wii U
5. Set your PC or Mac IP address and then press A
6. Go look at your computer and you will see it dumping. You know it's complete when the Wii U fully loads the start screen for the game disc
7. Press home on the gamepad and wait. You will see your computer creating a "meta" folder
8. Create a folder on your PC or Mac using the naming scheme for Loadiine GX2 (you can get the title id from meta.xml)
9. Copy the folders from your dump folder "code", "content", and "meta" to the new folder you just made in step 8
10. Copy the new folder with the game title to your sd:/wiiu/games folder

Thanks again @Cyan and @dimok for everything you do!

Reactions: KiiWii

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the homebrew icons I've been seeing seem to work best in variations of black, white, and blue, so maybe give those a shot (or mix 'n match colors for the desired effect)
Here are some color variations of "ddd". I also threw in some untested rounded corner icons too...

HQ:
KLSj7Jp.png
DHtJ6qc.png
XY7Kf0g.png
RKiOiI8.png
pgxYkxI.png
fOTx9wd.png
DLyXiOV.png

HQ w/ Rounded Corners:

ACTUAL:

ACTUAL w/Rounded Corners:

EDIT: My "ftpiiU" icons are available HERE.
EDIT: My "Plex" icons are available HERE.
EDIT: My "NNU Patcher" icons are available HERE.
EDIT: My "ASTUROIDS" icons are available HERE.

Last edited by TiMeBoMb4u2,

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I tested the rounded corners in Loadiine GX2, and, I have to say, they do look better. I think it gives it a more finished look.

From here on out, I'll be sure to make both standard and rounded corners icons. It will still be up to @dimok whether he uses my icons, or not. I just like to help however I can.

If anyone has a request, please feel free to ask. Thanks, again, for all the "Likes" on my icons.

will67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think Walking Dead had issue dumping with your private test build, but I don't remember which users had that game to test it again.

It was me but with the first release 0.1 of dimok the problem is solved i mangaged to dump Walking dead

With release 0.2 i have no more errors with spiderman but the game runs normally and the dumping process does not work, no files are dumping

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off