• Replies 768
  • Likes 53

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Just a heads up. By looking at the assembly of the men.rpx I found something nice. We played a bit around with that stuff with Maschell and n1ghty and found a way to dump the complete /vol/meta folder of the titles including the meta.xml. Its not a way I like best because the access rights are a bit limited to a specific frame and its kinda a bit nasty to integrate it into the dumper, but its possible and with that we would have the whole meta folder in its original state. Coming up on next release along with a bugfix for relative paths in the host application. Not sure if I get to it tommorow but its probably gonna come this weekend.

Last edited by dimok,

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys,

Just a heads up. We played a bit around with some stuff with Maschell and n1ghty and found a way to dump the complete /vol/meta folder of the titles including the meta.xml. Its not a way I like best because the access rights are a bit limited to a specific frame and its kinda a bit nasty to integrate it into the dumper, but its possible and with that we would have the whole meta folder in its original state. Coming up on next release along with a bugfix for relative paths in the host application. Not sure if I get to it tommorow but its probably gonna come this weekend.

many thanks for your awesome work!

link270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's interesting! If Loadiine accepts the DLC then it might actually finally be worth it for me to try! (Only game I consistently play on disk is MK8)
You should try it out and let us know what you find! ;)

Btw @dimok you have done some amazing work with the Wii U! Thanks so much! This dumper works awesomely for me! I'm testing it out on TP:HD as I type this, so far so good!

(As a side note, I know it's probably not in that big of a demand, but getting some of these apps compiled for OS X would be awesome in the future! For now, I've just been using Wine and everything been going great. :) )

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this, this is awesome! I have a few questions though. Does all the content need to be loaded to be dumped or just the rpl's? And will the dump still run without some of the rpl's in place (that is, once we get meta dumping)?

Reactions: Rizzorules

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not quite sure after reading through the whole thread so let me just outright ask it.

Can this be used on 5.4u to make a "ready2play" loadiine compatible version? All we need is code and content folders if we can get the meta from jnustool right?

If so can you just give me the quick steps? I've successfully dumped a full \vol from one of my discs I'm just a little lost when it comes to rpx/rpl. How do I get those and where do they go when I'm done so I can build a loadiine compatabile folder structure? What's the title dumper command on the pc side for grabbing the rpx/rpl files?

*edit*
Never mind I can't get the meta folder for scribblenauts unlimited from jnustool because there is no update for it.

Last edited by Kafluke,

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this, this is awesome! I have a few questions though. Does all the content need to be loaded to be dumped or just the rpl's? And will the dump still run without some of the rpl's in place (that is, once we get meta dumping)?
Just any RPL files really, since RPX is always loaded since it's the main executable, all aoc, content, and saves should be accessible at any time, and most games don't even use secondary RPLs, only ones I know of are Mario Party 10 and amiibo Festival because they modularized it and included all symbols. It *should* work without some but it'll complain if it tries to load them otherwise, since it only loads them when they're needed.
Can this be used on 5.4u to make a "ready2play" loadiine compatible version? All we need is code and content folders if we can get the meta from jnustool right?
Just wait to see if dimok's discovery below pans out, it should work fine dumped as-is.
Hey guys,

Just a heads up. By looking at the assembly of the men.rpx I found something nice. We played a bit around with that stuff with Maschell and n1ghty and found a way to dump the complete /vol/meta folder of the titles including the meta.xml. Its not a way I like best because the access rights are a bit limited to a specific frame and its kinda a bit nasty to integrate it into the dumper, but its possible and with that we would have the whole meta folder in its original state. Coming up on next release along with a bugfix for relative paths in the host application. Not sure if I get to it tommorow but its probably gonna come this weekend.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just any RPL files really, since RPX is always loaded since it's the main executable, all aoc, content, and saves should be accessible at any time, and most games don't even use secondary RPLs, only ones I know of are Mario Party 10 and amiibo Festival because they modularized it and included all symbols. It *should* work without some but it'll complain if it tries to load them otherwise, since it only loads them when they're needed.

Just wait to see if dimok's discovery below pans out, it should work fine dumped as-is.
Thx!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
whats with the name tho?
this should be called Dumpiine
it looks more like the official app
Dumpiine name is already used by another homebrew. This is not the same program or author.

not all homebrew has to end with "iine" either ;)
ddd can stand for Dimok's Data Dumper, or a reference to linux's dd to manage/dump data.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
quick sketch

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can I use my wifi sd card for this ? connect both my PC and WiiU to its hotspot ?
if yes, how can I know the IP address for it ?

Attachments

• icon.png
    icon.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 439

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you need to run the server on that IP.
You can't run a windows or linux program on wiiU, so no it's not possible to use your wifi SD card to dump to it. (or I didn't understood what you want to do with your Wifi SD card)
You can use it as exploit host to launch the homebrew launcher webpage exploit though.

Zeroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think He mean to connect the PC with his WiFi sd card.and i think yes you can use this connect the pc with your sd look at the ip from your pc into your pc settings

Last edited by Zeroy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/AkzulQxOgQs?si=UIe4puLCp7NoP3r7 seldom gbatemp shoutout