Launch the Internet Browser with specific URL from HBL

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by lordelan, May 9, 2016.

1. lordelan
    OP

lordelan GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Is it possible to make an app for the HBL which starts the HBL with a specific URL?
    I'm asking this because you are maybe aware of the "bug" that if you open up the Wii U Internet Browser and put in an URL which can't be reached in that moment (because the site is offline or your selfhost hotspot is turned off) and restart the console, this URL somehow becomes your "home page".
    I'm taking advantage of this "effect" to instantly launch the Homebrew Launcher with only opening my Internet Browser without the need of any more steps (like chosing the exploit URL from my favs or putting it in by hand everytime).

But if there's another site I'd like to visit not that often I don't want to change this "bug" so a homebrew app for this would be great that launches a specific site e.g. www.google.com or any Nintendo news site I'd like to check from time to time.

2. lordelan
    OP

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Sorry for pushing but thanks to this I'm really curious whether it'll be possible:

That looks f*cking fantastic to me but as I stated my Browser instantly launches into the HBL which is great. Is there any way to put a shortcut to Plex into the HBL?

3. helladamnleet

helladamnleet Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    United States
    Just tap the address bar. I have mine set up to automatically load the kexploit since it has such a high failure rate and all I have to do is the second time I open the browser tap the address bar before it loads, take out "Kexploit10" and replace it with "Loadiine" and I'm golden.

4. TiMeBoMb4u2

TiMeBoMb4u2 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    Last edited by TiMeBoMb4u2, May 18, 2016
    KiiWii likes this.
  5. lordelan
    OP

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Haha great! Bring in the horse riders before the horses are here. :D
    But I think a homebrew app is much more likely to happen than a Loadiine GX forwarder so you should do the icon.png instead. :D

TiMeBoMb4u2 likes this.
  6. TiMeBoMb4u2

Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    Already working on it. I'll post it, shortly.

7. lordelan
    OP

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Good. Attach it as an image here as well because images manipulate developer's brains to think "This looks great, I need to code an app for this great icon!" ;)

8. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Not sure if you are just unlucky or I am being lucky but I have only ever had the kexploit fail once and I use it all the time.

9. helladamnleet

helladamnleet Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    United States
    The first maybe 100 times I tried using it I had about a 20-25% success rate, but lately it's worked pretty good. I think it might have been an issue with my laptop rather than the Wii U or the kexploit.

Marko76 likes this.
  10. TiMeBoMb4u2

Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    Here are some Plex icons for people to use, if there's ever a forwarder created.

HQ:
    HQ w/ Rounded Corners:
    ACTUAL:
    ACTUAL w/ Rounded Corners:

EDIT: Some of my other icons available HERE.

lordelan likes this.
  11. TiMeBoMb4u2

Oct 25, 2008
    United States
    As you requested, icons posted above.

lordelan likes this.
  12. lordelan
    OP

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    That's decent work mate! Congratulations!
    I can't imagion any dev seeing this won't start immediately. :D

TiMeBoMb4u2 likes this.