andiandi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

First of all, I have an old 3DS, last firmware, on LumaCFW.

I spent hours and hours trying to inject a completed save of Dragon Ball Z : Supersonic Warriors for GBA. Note that my main goal is to rip musics from the game (Line-in), so I just need the unlocked Sound Test.

My injected rom is from Europe, but I guess that region doesn't really matter.

Basically I have a .SAV file working with both Visual Boy Advance and mGBA, as well as an .SRM file working with retroarch.

Whenever I tried to inject those save files with Godmode9, even though the injection is a success, the game has an empty save file.

I also tried to patch the .gba rom with cheat code to unlock everything using GBAATM before converting it to .cia, but when launching the cia game, it's stucked on a blank screen (it just works with Emulators).

I'm deseperately looking for a solution to have a working save file for the cia or a working patched cia with cheats, if anyone can help.

Thanks.

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to remember exactly how I did it with transferring my save from my physical FireRed to my VC version on my 3DS.

With the cia version, have you played it a bit and then dumped its save with GM9 and compared to the filesize of what you are trying to inject? Because I had to change the size of my save loading the game in VBA on pc, editing the save settings in VBA and then saving it again before I was able to get it to work. I might be forgetting somethings, as that was quite a few years ago.

If music is your endgame however, check out this link here. They have all the music from that game in mp3, FLAC and original format, with the quality being pretty good I think.

Also, nice pic.

andiandi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you !
You put me on the right path. Actually it was an SRAM patch issue. Even on the 3DS cia, I realized that it never saved any settings.

If music is your endgame however, check out this link here. They have all the music from that game in mp3, FLAC and original format, with the quality being pretty good I think.

I'm actually very picky regarding audio recording, and those so called OST that you find here and there are most of time rips from emulators, which doesn't render the audio as perfect as it's intended to play on the real hardware, that's why I use Line'in recording.

Also, nice pic.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make the GBA VC injection in NSUI beta 27 or beta 28.

Ensure your copy of the .GBA rom is a good dump. Install 7-Zip and right mouse click → CRC SHACRC-32.

For Dragon Ball Z - Supersonic Warriors, the ROM save type should be EEPROM 8k; the .SAV file size is 512 bytes.

If the manual [3ds.hacks.guide] GodMode9 Usage - Backup & Restore GBA VC Saves isn't working, try this instead: GBAVCSM.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: fmkid and E1ite007

andiandi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Make the GBA VC injection in NSUI beta 27 or beta 28.

Ensure your copy of the .GBA rom is a good dump. Install 7-Zip and right mouse click → CRC SHACRC-32.

For Dragon Ball Z - Supersonic Warriors, the ROM save type should be EEPROM 8k; the .SAV file size is 512 bytes.

If the manual [3ds.hacks.guide] GodMode9 Usage - Backup & Restore GBA VC Saves isn't work, try using this instead: GBAVCSM.

My issue is solved, but thank you for telling me about GBAVCSM, I didn't now that alternative ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty I never tried going online with a modded game