yay p1ngpong.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The CycloDS Evolution was announced by TeamCyclops on the 11th of May. When shaunj66 reviewed it in mid-June, it recieved the GBAtemp Golden Award, and remains one of the only flashcarts to do so. The team is active on their English-speaking forums, firmware updates are regular, and they listen to what the customers want, however many people have had problems with their carts, mostly with the first-gen ones (these problems have since been solved).

To quote shaunj66 in his re-evaluation of the CycloDS Evolution on the 25th September,
shaunj66 said:
Team Cyclop's have proven themselves as reliable manufacturers in the flash kit market. A lot of people were dubious about them when they announced the Cyclo DS Evolution but they've come through with some quality support so far.

All problem games have received a near immediate response or acknowledgement from the team in their Support Forums where they also listen to users suggestions, comments and criticisms. The team have released several firmware updates for the cart, each adding something new to the table. Clean ROM support now surpasses the R4 DS. The Cyclo DS Evolution also offers some nice additional (but not unique) features such as SDHC support, automatic DLDI patching, in-game enhanced menu options, advanced skinning support and more.

The Cyclo DS Evolution is currently one of the best DS flash kits available.

You can read the full review here.

What's your opinion on it?

[title:Previous days]
Day 1: hrth
Day 2: R4DS
Day 3: WiiKey
Day 4: DS-X
Day 5: BRah!
Day 6: SuperCard DS(ONE)
Day 7: EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack
Day 8: Slot-2 SuperCards
Day 9: Bidoof
Day 10: M3DS Real
Day 11: CycloWiz
Day 12: EZ-Flash V
Day 13: AceKard RPG
Day 14: Slot-2 G6 carts

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this ones starting off lop-sided (in a good way
biggrin.gif
). I personally
wub.gif
my Cyclo.

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just needs a better shell, so people dont say its DoA, when in fact, the oinly problem can be solved with a piece of papper...
I still
wub.gif
my cyclods to.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Crap card, bad compatibility, bad make what more can you say.

As you can tell i am a R4 fanboy. But in all aspects it is a really good card but a tad expensive. Better than the R4
cry.gif
. I would get one but unfortunately they are scarce in my country and the shipping would be awfully expensive aswell. Hope too see good support and enhancements in the furture for the card.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess it's great, based on what people say. I only have an M3 Simply as my sole slot-1, it does the trick for me, but I know for sure that the CycloDS Evolution is an AWESOME piece of plastic
wink.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
I don't think it's justifiable to say it's awful ... it's great but somethings bring it down like popularity and price so they should work on these otherwise their support and response to firmware updates to get rid of problems is great

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The CycloDS Evo is a great flash card. I have one, and it works great. I've had 2 defective models, but the Cyclo Team replaced both quickly and easily and paid shipping, which proves how great their Customer Support is. I just love mine
wub.gif

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great card (love mine) but where's my real time save? And all those other features they promised me? It's better than every card on the market now pretty much, and with RTS it would be the king.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd say this one is fantastic, have read excellent reviews on it.

However the price kinda steers me away, for under 40 bucks you can do pretty much the same thing.

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love it! Ordered one when it was first announced! It died two months later, and I never sent it back, did so the 24th of November and got my replacement today. That, coupled with the snow, my girlfriend and I getting back together, awesome support, and the announcement of Real-Time Saves coming in the next couple of days, nothing could make me more happy!
biggrin.gif

This cart rocks your fuzzy pink socks.

Cactuar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first flash card so I can't compare it to any others (I've heard nothing but honorable mentions for R4 though). It's really practical and I've never had any problems with it yet so I'm very pleased with mine. I'm hoping (but I won't hold my breath) for a nice Christmas present from TC in the form of our highly anticipated firmware update. I'm excited for real-time saving, and whatever else may be included.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk