Hacking DarkwiiTheme brick :( please help!

JarrodD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i downloaded a 4.2 dark wii theme on a 3.1 firmware YES I KNOW IM STUPID i wasn't even thinking and now my menu gets stuck on the loading screen like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74DOQayEOBQ I dont have any prii loader or boot mii am i Only stuck attempting the gamecube controller trick or is my wii screwed.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Use Bannerbomb to run Dop-Mii and reinstall the system menu.

I would then advise installing Bootmii and Priiloader.

If you need more detailed steps, just ask.

jelmew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ConJ said:

He can't really run bannerbomb, when the wii doesn't boot up. Does it still autoboot disks is my question?

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
jelmew said:
ConJ said:

He can't really run bannerbomb, when the wii doesn't boot up. Does it still autoboot disks is my question?

Of course. (Face palm)

JarrodD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well the driver and everything is running the wii mote even kicks in on player 1 it just freezes on the dark wii theme I never installed any of the other stuff because i didn't think i would brick it by doing something this stupid.

jelmew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
LocoRoco said:
no priiloader no boot2 your screwed

Seconded, Is there any way for him to make that start-up logo dissappear? If he sends it in to Nintendo as it is, they will surely notice that his wii is modded.

jelmew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JarrodD said:
I was thinking that untill I saw this guys video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oACM8bgqksg he does a gamecube controller trick where he presses all 4 buttons and then he can update his system with a new game? is this possible if so i might be able to save my wii.

Well, no harm in trying, can't get much worse. Since you're on3.1 find some disk with an suitable update and hope that it helps.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand how you know about Priiloader and Bootmii yet didnt install them before installing DarkWii!

JarrodD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well so far this is what ive done I took apart a gamecube controller plugged into it port 4 did the Savemiifrii thing and then stuck a disc into the system waited and noticed i ddint have my internet plugged in... Great lol but now my menu is missing entirely and I dont get a boot up at all just a black screen boot up of nuthing everytime i turn on the wii.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
updating using savemiifrii should have work.
QUOTE said:
and noticed i ddint have my internet plugged in...
what did u do? turn it off in the middle of updating. cause it doesn't need the internet, it updates off the disc

edit: can u still boot into savemiifrii? if so what firmware does it show now. if not you may have just screwed yourself

JarrodD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Na i had it unplugged but Now when i try doing the gamecube controller savemiifrii it doesnt show up the screen just stays black with no frozen dark wii theme it just loads to a black screen is it officialy toast? now it makes me wonder if i had the internet on the first time.... i would of been good
angry.gif

jelmew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, in someways it improved. He can now sent his wii to nintendo without them finding homebrew. But seriously, why the bickering about the internet. Any update would have ran from disc, there is no internet in the savemiifrii solution anywhere. Did you interrupt the update process?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I have some good news for u,

since ur wii is old (3.1 SM) it is VERY likely it has a vulnerable boot1 (allowing bootmii as boot2 to be installed) you can use an infectus mod chip to install bootmii @ boot2, then use that to access the HBC to fix your brick. (note, once u do that, u no longer need the chip)

Unfortunately, I don't know much about infectus, but if you want to send your wii off to my buddy in the states, he can fix it for sure! His email is [email protected]

If you want to do it yourself, check out some of DeadlyFoez's infectus tutorials that I posted for him.

edit: the right email address ends in .com, not .ca... oops

JarrodD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jelmew said:
Well, in someways it improved. He can now sent his wii to nintendo without them finding homebrew. But seriously, why the bickering about the internet. Any update would have ran from disc, there is no internet in the savemiifrii solution anywhere. Did you interrupt the update process?

I waited about 15 minutes after i put the game resident evil dark side chronicles in and then just took it out because i thought nuthing was happening

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
I have some good news for u,

since ur wii is old (3.1 SM) it is VERY likely it has a vulnerable boot1 (allowing bootmii as boot2 to be installed) you can use an infectus mod chip to install bootmii @ boot2, then use that to access the HBC to fix your brick. (note, once u do that, u no longer need the chip)

Unfortunately, I don't know much about infectus, but if you want to send your wii off to my buddy in the states, he can fix it for sure! His email is [email protected]

If you want to do it yourself, check out some of DeadlyFoez's infectus tutorials that I posted for him.

Seconded. This is definitely your best choice of action at this point.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you had the twilight hack save file already on your Wii, I guess you could have put in Twilight Princess with the autoboot through savemiifrii and ran DOP-Mii to reinstall your system menu. You probably didn't have the hack save file, though, and it doesn't seem to matter now as your system is worse
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.