Danganronpa games headed to mobile, 10th anniversary website goes live

Following up on Spike Chunsoft's promise to reveal more information about projects related to the Danganronpa franchise, some new information has been announced. First off, an official 10th anniversary webpage has gone live, along with a trailer that celebrates all the games in the series. According to the site, every third Thursday of the month, there will be a livestream that will showcase the new reveals, with the next one scheduled for May 21st.

April's event has kicked off with the announcement that the first three Danganronpa games will be headed to phones, with "Anniversary Editions" of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, and Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony all to arrive on the platform with improved touch screen controls and a new UI to better suit smaller screens. Additionally, NetEase horror game Identity V will be getting a crossover collaboration event with the Danganronpa franchise. The game is available currently on Android, PC, and iOS.

EDIT: Spike Chunsoft confirmed the mobile games will release in the west.

:arrow: Source

relauby

Idiot Child
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well.. mobile games. No thanks.

I mean visual novels are really well-suited to mobile platforms. A lot of mobile games are terrible, but there’s no reason Danganronpa can’t work on mobile. Well, other than the fact that it’s not really suited to short bursts of gameplay, I guess.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rereleases. Pretty much what I expected, but I would've hoped they also put it on switch.

Can't really imagine the movement controls during investigations to be nice on mobile though. Trails, sure, but movement was a chore on psp and vita with actual controls

xatzimi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Visual novels are perfect on mobile, happy with this. But if the announcements are starting with this, what's to come? I really think the mainline series should stay finished after V3.

Reactions: MaxToTheMax

MaxToTheMax

Officially Ranked 3796th.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rereleases. Pretty much what I expected, but I would've hoped they also put it on switch.

Can't really imagine the movement controls during investigations to be nice on mobile though. Trails, sure, but movement was a chore on psp and vita with actual controls

Jokes aside, they said they would be doing monthly updates (SOURCE GBATemp Article)
Perhaps they were planning to wait for E3 or gamescom? Who knows with Spike, they are the nintendo of weebs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Visual novels are perfect on mobile, happy with this. But if the announcements are starting with this, what's to come? I really think the mainline series should stay finished after V3.
I agree. I would like to see a new IP from them.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
How much would they sell an episode for? They should have follow Capcom and make a collection of it instead.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm intrigued.
I've never actually played a Danganronpa game before, so this will be interesting.

I've had all the games spoiled for me by RamZaes and that's fine.

Jonnysert

Trophies
Website
giupviectheogio.com
XP
Country
Canada
The way Kiyotaka looks so calm during his execution is probably because he feels like he deserves it. If he's being executed, that must mean he's killed someone, so he's just accepting his punishment because he feels that this is how it should be. He broke a rule (killed someone), and now he's facing the punishment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1