Gaming Danball Senki BOOST translation help

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Translated all the katakana in the "Sender" file from GScene_CCM.PAC.
There's still lots of untranslated stuff.

Attachments

• Sender.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 444

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here's the Random Encount Name from 00_Data Message.PAC

Attachments

• Random Encount Name.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 355

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Checking the randomencountname that kalker posted, the only thing untranslated is the kanji 仮 which has many meanings but I guess in this case means "Temporary, Interim, Provisional etc." So crash, you can just find and replace 仮 with Temporary :) While I was checking RandomEncountName, there's RankingData from Message.pac that had only 10 records so here's the translated file. That one was funny/silly :) a few of the ranks are onomatopoeias.

EDIT: Here's the translated LBXCPUEXPLAIN from Message.pac

Attachments

• RANKINGDATA_JP.BTX.txt
    320 bytes · Views: 286
  • LBXCPUEXPLAIN_JP.BTX (Message.pac).txt
    3 KB · Views: 386

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The LBX Assembly Name from GScene_Collection.PAC (06_GSscene Folder).

Attachments

• LBX Assembly Name.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 375

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm where'd you get that file? I don't see it in Crashman's pastebin account and I don't have it in my Danball translation folder.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh. That means I have to get the game and decode it then. Hmm... Can you by any chance post the untouched file? I don't have the game yet and I don't fancy trying to download it. I'd probably blow my net cap.

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sure, here it is. (I can't upload the .btx, so I'm sending a .txt version)

Edit- Damn it, I sent the wrong file, here's the correct one.

Attachments

• LBXASSEMBLYNAME_JP.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 368

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks man. Quick question for you guys. What's your opinion on '聖騎士 Emperor'. 騎士 means Knight. But this 聖, the kanji means holy, saint, master, priest but as a word, one of it's meanings is 聖 is an archaic honorific language for Emperor. So my question is should I translate 聖騎士 as Holy Knight or Emperor Knight. The latter is kinda redundant since it's '聖騎士 Emperor' so using the latter it would be 'Emperor Knight Emperor'. What do you guys think?

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Holy Knight it is. Here's the checked file. Also, one interesting thing. Record 101 has Destruction King Achilles. The untranslated line says Hakai-O Achilles. I didn't use Hakai-O obviously since it could cause confusion but it's a interesting thing to note. Another thing, silly actually. The last part of the file has Senshiman, obviously Kamen Rider or some other tokusatsu reference and Sentouin which means combatant. The fun fact is that the mooks in various tokusatsu, Kamen Rider specifically, are called sentouin. They might have different names but they are all mooks. I had half a mind to translate Sentouin as Mook or Minion. :)

Attachments

• LBX Assembly Name.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 434

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's the revised Input Name that Kalker posted. I don't have the original text so I just went ahead and translated the untranslated names and fixed some of the spelling errors.

EDIT: I'm starting on LBXCOREEXPLAIN from Message.pac so heads up. Also, there was a small mistake that I did on LBXARMEXPLAIN where I had メーカー不明 as Unknown Mecha. Well it was pointed out to me, as I did LBXCOREEXPLAIN, that it's not 'Unknown Mecha' but 'Unknown Maker' instead. Maybe 'Maker Unknown' sounds better?

Attachments

• Imput Name.txt
    17.5 KB · Views: 394

snu-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm a huuuge fan of Danball Senki and I'm really interested in helping you guys with translation! I've never been in a translation project before so you guys will have to hold my hand through this. :unsure:

I'd like to mention that I only learned Japanese through self-studying for a short period of time, so my Japanese isn't super good or anything... But I should be able to help translate most of the lines.

I've also watched the entire anime series and played through the Danball Senki W game so I understand both the storyline and the gameplay.

fightercraft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there! I'm also a big fan of the Danball series and am interested in helping out with proofreading. I can read hiragana and katakana as well but not so much with kanji... However, my English is very strong, particularly in editing and revising.
I have also watched the anime and beat the BOOST game, but only got a little through the beginning parts of W (up to where they meet Ami again).

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
You guys are welcome to assist in translating. The 1st post contains all the details for wanting to help with Translation.
frank and Kalker, sorry for the lack of updates. I've been doin other things. The files work great and I should have the 1st post updated later this evening or early tomorrow.

snu-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright!

I want to work on all of the LBX part descriptions.

I started doing leg part descriptions I noticed that all of them end like:
…の脚のパーツ
...'s leg part

It's consistent for arm, head, etc. parts too. The different parts pretty much have the same description for the same type of LBX. The only difference is which part it is (head, arm, leg, etc).
メーカー不明、バンが持つ無敵のLBXの頭部パーツ。 <- head
メーカー不明、バンが持つ無敵のLBXの脚のパーツ。 <- leg

I was thinking to keep this consistency in English, I could do something like this?
Leg part:
Arm part:

For example,
Leg part: from Tiny Orbit's newest LBX.
Leg part: tuned for high sniping aptitude.

...something like that?? I've just started doing a few leg descriptions and found this easiest.

In fact, all of the descriptions are of the LBX and not of the part themselves. So the description for the head, arm, leg parts of an LBX should all be the same.

edit: maybe we could omit the "part" too. So maybe just "Leg:" ?? that takes up less characters

fightercraft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking at the "Message.PAC" pastebin txt file and a good portion of the game's area names look similar to this setup you can find in lines 632-662:
#RECORD 140
サターン
#RECORD 141
サターン
#RECORD 142
サターン
#RECORD 143
サターン
#RECORD 144
サターン
Should they be left as just "Saturn" or should there be numbers to differentiate maps?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.