Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Started work on the CFGuideMessage_JP.BTX. This is all those little messages at the bottom that tell you where to go/what to do. So translating this ought to help out immensely.

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on Type-0 right now, but when our project is done, I would really like to help out with proofreading, finding bugs, etc.

If you happen to finish before us, I at least know I'll play this. Looking good!

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
I forgot to ask something last time. Which term do you guys prefer, 'Hissatsu' or 'Finisher'? Or 'Certain Kill' for the literal minded people? Also, 'ōgi' or 'hidden skill'?

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Translated version are just better, it's common senses when you think about it.
even if I like "Hi-ōgi" (or Hi-Ougi) in Tales Of games, it's not how you normally goes in term of translation... =/

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it me or the game doesn't work on JPCSP and PPSSPP ? Because I can't really help you without any of them lol

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well if anyone got a solution, I'd like to hear it, because I can't really help you without them ^^

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I've tentatively put Hissatsu down as Certain Kill and ōgi as Hidden Skill. Onwards to finishing skillexpmessage :)

EDIT: Slight input needed. 槍に紅蓮の炎をまとわせ、横一文字の一閃で正面の敵を焼き尽くす。 I'm reading this as "With a spear clad in crimson flames, immolate the enemy infront (of you) with a flicker of a 'Yoko Ichimonji'"

I'm not one for martial arts but I think Yoko Ichimonji here refers to a move in several martial arts. Kendo comes to mind, specifically Iai-do, the art of drawing one's sword. I think it references the speed of a sword draw. 閃 means a flicker, a flash etc. Something quick. Anyone with a second opinion?

EDIT2: I'm gonna go ahead and post the completed skillexpmessage.pac here with the above translation. Post here for any second opinions.

EDIT3: I'm starting on Message.pac's characterexplain and charactername. Shouldn't take too long.

EDIT4: Here's the completed characterexplain and charactername. I was tempted to mess around with the names but decided not to. LOL. Anyways, I'm not sure which one to start on next so if anyone has a suggestion, post here.

EDIT5: Alright, I'm starting Message.pac's GuideMessage_JP.BTX. It looks like the text for the settings and stuff like that so it should not take too long.

Attachments

• skillexpmessage.pac.txt
    22.6 KB · Views: 270
  • CHARACTERNAME+CHARACTEREXPLAIN.txt
    12.4 KB · Views: 385

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's the completed GuideMessage_JP.btx. I'll be working on LBXArmExplain_JP.BTX next. That'll keep be busy for a while. :)

Attachments

• GUIDEMESSAGE_JP.BTX.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 253

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question.While doing my latest file, I read '神谷重工' as Kamiya Heavy Industries but when I went to the Danball Wiki to double check, it has it as Kamiya Craft. Checking my dictionary just in case I misread it, the dictionary has '重工' as 'heavy industries'. So my question is: Which should I follow, my dictionary or the Danball Wiki?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof