Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
What else are you working on? I know of AGE, SG G GEN World/Overworld and this one. Anything else? I'm curious.

Still working on Danball more than anything. Overworld is next priority followed up my AGE.
I might pick up a different project to replace Overworld if I Roxas doesn't release his tools for Digimon. It seems he's found a way to work with the CPK to find the data he needs, even with an external TOC. If that's the case then both Danball Senki W and Overworld are foreseeable projects in the future.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
What about World? Since I think World and Overworld would have commonalities, one is a sequel to the other, wouldn't it make sense to do World first before doing Overworld? Both would probably have similar file formats and what not.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
They do have identical file formats. However since I'm not going for the story (though they're both pretty damn simple on the story) I might just go straight for overworld. If I can confirm that I CAN translate the story (I know I can via editing the CPK, I just end up with full width being too wide or half width over running each other) without an issue then I'll for sure translate World AND Overworld. Also given that they're on Wii as well they use the same fileformat which would make a Wii translation possible too.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
That would be awesome. If you can figure out how to translate World AND Overworld story, I'd be the first in line to volunteer to translate it. World over Overworld because the Wii needs some love too. I wish to spread the my love for SD G Gen and what better than an english translation don't you think?

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the slow/lack of updates.
Dealing with some PC issues lately (Lots of BSOD's) and I believe my mother board is starting to kick the bucket. SO I'm trying to backup the work we've got done to a few separate external devices JUST in case anything should go wrong (I doubt so given it's on a separate HDD) and my work will be halted for a week or so here while I find a new MoBo and such. I don't want to risk corrupting the stuff we've already got so I'm not messing with it.

This doesn't mean I'm going on perma hiatus or anything, just a small break. If you guys want to continue go right ahead. Tools are listed in the OP and what's already been done. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, sorry to hear about the PC problems. Hope it works out soon.

EDIT: Errata, weapon name 581, should be Light Heart/Core/Center (or leave it as Koushin) Graces. Also, some input needed. Some of the descriptions have this, (number)章:(Name). For example 八章:Queen. Now my question is, I know 章 means either chapter, badge/medal or emblem. I'm leaning towards chapter because from some of the descriptions, I get the feeling that these are descriptions of weapons that are being used by enemies that we'll face. So I'm guessing that these are weapons wielded by them during those chapters. Am I correct in assuming this?

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
OK We're back online! New Mobo and HDD installed and fully transferred over! Ready to continue translating!
I'll fix Errata. I'll turn it into Light Core Graces probably. I'll have to double check what the weapon is.
As far as the Number/Weapon/LBX, I'm not 100% sure. Leave them as is for now and we'll go back and fix em if we gotta.

Right now I'm into the full swing of classes again and I'm busy with some RL stuff so I'll probably be translating at 50% power for a while. Once summer hits though, I should be back full blast.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, RL can be a drag sometimes. Especially when you're older... If only I'm freakin' rich. Then I can do whatever the heck I want. :) Anyways, I'm finally at the last 150 of weaponexplain so I'm looking forward to finishing it and be done with menumessage. Maybe then I can focus on some other side stuff that I'm doing and probably check out some of the games that I've been putting off.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, RL can be a drag sometimes. Especially when you're older... If only I'm freakin' rich. Then I can do whatever the heck I want. :) Anyways, I'm finally at the last 150 of weaponexplain so I'm looking forward to finishing it and be done with menumessage. Maybe then I can focus on some other side stuff that I'm doing and probably check out some of the games that I've been putting off.

Awesome!
Don't worry the file though if you wanna take a break for a bit. I'm not your boss so you can just take off for a week or whatever whenever you want.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
I have to push myself though or not it'll never get done lol. Besides, I really want to see how everything looks like when it's done. First PSP translation and all that :)

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Progress on Danball is a going! Need some help with this one.
<郷田三人衆:ごうださんにんしゅう>を<撃退:げきたい>しろ!
I believe it says something along the lines of "Defeat Gouda's 3 men!" or "Repel Gouda's 3 men!" but I'm not 100% certain.

Also this one is tripping me up.
<借:か>りたズールで、リュウとバトルだ!
Something about battling Zuul's and Ryu?
I think it's "Battle the Zuul's with Ryu!" or something?

Here we go again!
ナズーで<SET0>とバトルだ!
In nazu <SET0> battle with! (I think)
I have no idea what it means by In Nazu. This goes above the "1-on-1 match. Defeat the opponent to advance!" text before battles.
Nvm. I herped. It's unit names. The next one talks about the Queen.

Not 100% sure what this means.
100<位:い>のハヤセとバトルだ!
Something to do with 100th battle of rapids?
There's a few similar to it as well.
102<位:い>の<志木:しき>とバトルだ!
104<位:い>の<小川:おがわ>とバトルだ!
106<位:い>の<利島:としま>とバトルだ!
The list goes on like that all the way up to 148.

It was involved in defective!
"<不良:ふりょう>に<絡:から>まれた!
3-on-3 match."
Yea I got no clue.

Battle with Gradius Nishihara! (???)
グラディウスで西原とバトルだ!
I know it's Battle with X but I have no idea on the name.
I have even less of a clue with this one.
<斬馬刀:ざんばとう>で<倉間:くらま>とバトルだ!

Battle with Takuma's launcher machine! (???)
マシンランチャーで宅間とバトルだ!

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
First line, "Repel the Gouda 3." Gouda is the guy who has 2 flunkies with him so the three of them are the Gouda 3. I think there's a wiki page on him on the Danball Wiki if you want to check it out.

Second line, "Battle with Ryuu in the(using the) borrowed Zuul." Next one, those are achievements. "Battled 100 times with Hayase!" So on a so forth with the others, "Battled 102 times with Shiki!" etc.

Next one, "Got involved/pulled in with deliquents! 3-on3 match."

"Battle Nishihara with(using) the Gradius!"

"Battle Kurama with(using) the Zanbatō!"

"Battle Takuma with(using) the Machine Launcher!"

If you've read Rurouni Kenshin(Samurai X) then the Zanbatō should be familiar. It's the name of a type of large sword that was wielded by Sousuke Sagara. It's designed to cut a rider along with his horse, hence the name Zanbatō which literally means Cleave Horse Blade (Horse cleaver blade). Looking at those three lines, I'm guessing that those are weapon restricted battles, since the Gradius, Zanbatō and the Machine Launcher are names of weapons. Meaning you can only use those weapons to battle with X (name of person).

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for lack of updates to anyone following this thread. Here's a pic of what I've been doing as of late.
6QF4ba1.png

All of the battle condition text (see above) should be done now. I think I might try my hand at the Battle Cut In's next or some part descriptions in the GScene folder.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could be awesome if the text were like this:
"​
Battle with Kazuma!​
1-on-1 match.​
Defeath the enemy to advance!​
"​
but still great ^^​

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Could be awesome if the text were like this:
"​
Battle with Kazuma!​
1-on-1 match.​
Defeath the enemy to advance!​
"​
but still great ^^

Yea.
Normally the game itself has the text going from left to right like that. Being left aligned and all that jazz. Just gonna leave it as is though because I know the negative reactions that occur when you change shit from the "Glorious original".

Edit: Question also, which of these would contain the actual font data, the Font.FNT or the Font_m.PGF? I'd imagine it'd be the FNT file but I don't know how to open it. The only program I could find to open FNT files said it was an invalid format.

Adrian7777777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made an account to say thank you for putting in the effort in translating this gem of a game. I hope that you manage to keep this alive. Keep up the good job and keep fighting through to get this translated for us!:yay::gun::psp:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!