Gaming Danball Senki BOOST translation help

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
uh i can translate things by using google translator and what u mean by image editors?

I hate it how nowadays everyone who can use Google Translators thinks they are translators now...

Since those guys are doing dialogues, obviously they need someone who has actual Japanese knowledge and not can only do copy&paste.

If you read the first post many menues are images so they need someone who can actually edit english text into those pictures with photoshop.

Heck I don't even care about this project and I do know more about it then you. Next time you try to help inform yourself first.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States

Sorry bro, he has a point. Google translate won't cut it. If you don't know what I mean by image editors then I'm afraid you don't have the skills required for this project. The most you can do to help right now is sit back and wait till I get a patch out.

Maxtram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
well i got time today and finished. i think i did. the Title images and fixed the gradients and did the ready menu but by my mistake i have to do some buttons again but its easy to do it when i get time again

and what menu should i do next guys i think im going to do the custom menu tell and then i will upload some images with text so that i can do the work in the meantime CrashmanX you test the Ready and Title update and see if theres any problem with it

Attachments

• GScene_Title.rar
    224.1 KB · Views: 126
  • GScene_Ready.rar
    84.2 KB · Views: 117

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to test those out tomorrow Max. I actually left my PSP at a friends house the other night. However, thanks for uploading them and getting them done!
The Custom Menu sounds fine.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. I haven't had time to translate the weapon descriptions these past few days, some stuff came up, but I'm starting back up later. Just checking in so that you guys know I'm still working on this :)

@CrashmanX: You've got 剛刀ダイナスブレード as Takeshi Dinas Sword when it's, if I'm not mistaken, Gōtō Dynast Blade. I'm going to leave 剛刀 as Gōtō since translating it makes it sound awkward, not to mention might overshoot the character limit.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I haven't had time to translate the weapon descriptions these past few days, some stuff came up, but I'm starting back up later. Just checking in so that you guys know I'm still working on this :)

@CrashmanX: You've got 剛刀ダイナスブレード as Takeshi Dinas Sword when it's, if I'm not mistaken, Gōtō Dynast Blade. I'm going to leave 剛刀 as Gōtō since translating it makes it sound awkward, not to mention might overshoot the character limit.

Fully understandable. I'll go right ahead and fix that.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been doing weaponexplain and I came across 'デスTrojan' which is actually デストロイ (Destroy) when I checked the original menumessage file that I have. So, I assumed that you've taken 'トロイ' and translated it as 'Trojan' and applied 'Replace all' when you partially translated the menumessage file. It's supposed to be Troy. Trojan only applies when it's 'トロイの' and even then it's only for when you refer to the place Troy. Since there's only 4 instances of 'トロイの' and it refers to a name of an LBX instead of a place, Troy should be used. The 4 instances refer to the Head, Arm, Legs and Body parts. So it should be Troy Arm Parts, Troy Body Parts, Troy Leg Parts and Troy Head Parts.

On another note, I don't have an accurate count but I have roughly half of WeaponExplain done.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
I've been doing weaponexplain and I came across 'デスTrojan' which is actually デストロイ (Destroy) when I checked the original menumessage file that I have. So, I assumed that you've taken 'トロイ' and translated it as 'Trojan' and applied 'Replace all' when you partially translated the menumessage file. It's supposed to be Troy. Trojan only applies when it's 'トロイの' and even then it's only for when you refer to the place Troy. Since there's only 4 instances of 'トロイの' and it refers to a name of an LBX instead of a place, Troy should be used. The 4 instances refer to the Head, Arm, Legs and Body parts. So it should be Troy Arm Parts, Troy Body Parts, Troy Leg Parts and Troy Head Parts.

On another note, I don't have an accurate count but I have roughly half of WeaponExplain done.

Whoops! Alright! I'll get to fixing that as well!
Yes, I sorta abused my Replace All function with those and I should've been doing it for only one while at a time.

Thong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Sorry if I'm intruding, but I'm really interested in this project, and I hope I can contribute in some way. I can do some translating (at a varying pace), but I don't know if my ability to encode/decode or edit images in Photoshop will be much help. If there's something I can take care of, then please don't hesitate to tell me so. Thank you in advance!

Edit: At the current moment, I'm working on the Encounter Guide if that's alright.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't you take a look at the list of files and their translation status on the front page. Pick one that is not being worked on, go to Crashman's pastebin and get the files that you want to take a crack at and then post here your intent to translate said file so that we know and won't end up working on the same file. Also, if it's not on Crashman's pastebin you can PM him and ask for the file.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you take a look at the list of files and their translation status on the front page. Pick one that is not being worked on, go to Crashman's pastebin and get the files that you want to take a crack at and then post here your intent to translate said file so that we know and won't end up working on the same file. Also, if it's not on Crashman's pastebin you can PM him and ask for the file.

Yes that. Also if you want to do image editing grab the images I have uploaded to the first post and edit some then post back with the edited image.

Thong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally started translating something that's already done, so I'm taking a look at battledataname_jp.btx. For Record #10, I ended up with 四天王戦(クイーン)【画撮用】[The Big Four/Four Heavenly Kings (Queen) [For picture taking]], but that seems kind of off?

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally started translating something that's already done, so I'm taking a look at battledataname_jp.btx. For Record #10, I ended up with 四天王戦(クイーン)【画撮用】[The Big Four/Four Heavenly Kings (Queen) [For picture taking]], but that seems kind of off?

Well the Four Holy Kings is usually what I've been translating it as, Queen is correct (It's one of the LBX), however the last part I'm not 100% sure of. The first Kanji means picture or drawing, the 2nd Kanji means to take pictures, while the 3rd means utilize or use, or employ or things along those lines. Unfortunately my Kanji isn't the best but I BELIEVE it means Four Holy Kings (Queen) [For pictures]. I THINK however I could be wrong. Maybe leave it as is until Frank can get back to you on it.

Someone wanna help me out here real quick? I can't quite grasp the meaning of this part. It's in the Import Data menus.
「Danball Senki BOOST」のクリア<済:ず>みデータの<内容:ないよう>を
「Danball Senki BOOST」に<引:ひ>き<継:つ>ぐと

This is under the Gashapon files. I believe it's "I have series X Y(percent) completed!" I think. But I'm probably wrong.
<第:だい>%d<弾:だん> %sシリーズをコンプリートしました!
Also from the Gashapon GScene files.
%sが\nいっぱいで<持:も>ちきれませんでした。

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, 画撮 means snapshot/screenshot when 'picture taking' or 'taking a picture' sounds awkward. 用 mean use/duty/service. So put it all together means to be used as a snapshot or snapshot purposes. Also, it's the Four Heavenly Kings Battle/War because of the kanji 戦 at the end, before the queen part.

Also the menu, is it one complete sentence or is it two different sentences. The gashapon thing is basically %d is number because the kanji that sandwiches it is used as a counter and %s is also a number or name. For example, 第2弾 is the 1st, 第2弾 is 2nd and so on and so forth. So it's %d st/nd/rd/th of %s series complete! The second gashapon is something about how many more you can carry. Something like "%s is \n full/unable to fit any more"

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Newest images from the past few days of work.
http://imgur.com/a/ObJBB
Major points include: Error with the 2nd CUSTOMIZE image on the Battle Menus. 2nd Image on the Main Menu for Maintain still says Mantain. Errors with the Title Screen buttons (The O and X ones). Text errors that I messed up. And a few mistranslations.

Maxtram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Newest images from the past few days of work.
http://imgur.com/a/ObJBB
Major points include: Error with the 2nd CUSTOMIZE image on the Battle Menus. 2nd Image on the Main Menu for Maintain still says Mantain. Errors with the Title Screen buttons (The O and X ones). Text errors that I messed up. And a few mistranslations.
well i think i goint to give up on those gradient buttons untill someone get to make tool that converts then good.

Im going to check the units image to see what happened to it

for the main menu i totally forgot about the maintain thing

and heres pack with the text for the custom menu that i need to someone tells me whats in it so i can edit it

Attachments

• U_CC_LBXSTATUS.d.rar
    26.8 KB · Views: 126

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Toss me the edited images before you've converted them. I'll double check if it's the conversion method or the archiving.
I'll have a list of files translated here for you in just a bit.

Maxtram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
ok but im starting to see that some images are not 8bit so i will try to convert then to 8bit and then converting then to gim heres the ready fully translated

EDIT: ok just test then out one gradient got semi fixed it just now looks a little low on quality and the stocks units just got broken for some reason

and god i just pass over a lot of option theres just a lot of images we really need more people for image editing its just practicly a massive part of the game are images

Attachments

• GScene_Ready.rar
    83.9 KB · Views: 103

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one