DamonPS2 PRO (PS2 Emulator For Android)

Discussion in 'Android' started by BlackWizzard17, Dec 13, 2017.

1. BlackWizzard17
    OP

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Yes it does, but for some reason I never spend it on what I want and ends up in other people's pockets X[

Also on topic, another game I have tested

2. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    you need THAT good phone to run ps2 games huh? XD

3. BlackWizzard17
    OP

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Yeah and the phone cost at least twice the amount of an actual PlayStation two :rofl2:
    I'm actually all for emulators on phones because it shows the power and capabilities and I'm a total nerd for android.

BlueFox gui likes this.
  4. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    the only phone i had was an xperia play from 2012, my father just gave to me because he used it, it was OLD and a bit non working and after a few months it died xD

5. BlackWizzard17
    OP

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    I have always wanted one of those phones because of the built in buttons. The closest I had was this HTC back in 2011 with a slide physical keyboard that my step dad gave me. It stopped working 2 weeks later....then I had an ipod touch but they suck with emulators.

6. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    yeah the buttons are really good to play, the only problem was the old android version, 2.1 if i'm not wrong

7. player594

player594 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 25, 2006
    United States
    Since it's come out that the developers stole code from the PCSX2 developers and the PPSSPP team, I am no longer interested in this app unless they follow the GNU license rules and release their source code. Taking credit and money for other people's hard work is just low. I'm done here.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

8. Gamer4Ever

Gamer4Ever Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2006
    it'll never run at good speeds or be playable enough as the tech on phones are too weak, needs at least 3ghz+ to get consistent performance and decent gpu to boot - will be a while yet...

9. BlackWizzard17
    OP

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    It already boots and some games run 50-60 fps. On my phone in God Of War 2 I made it past the first 30 minutes of the game.

10. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Tom BombaDadlo

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Clock speed has very little to do with it these days, this isn't early 2000 any more. And neither does having a decent GPU, it's only required if you're going to be using filters and upscaling various other enhancements, running everything native requires very little GPU power at this point.

These days, for emulation anyways, it's more about IPC than anything, and ARM CPUs (like pre-Ryzen AMD CPUs, that's why an 8 core FX8350 running at 4.2ghz couldn't beat out a lowly dual core Pentium G3258 running at 3.2ghz in Dolphin benchmarks) have very low IPC. That's why full speed emulation (without using a bunch of speed hacks, like DamonPS2 does) is still far off for mobile devices. Unless ARM makes a massive change in architecture to increase IPC (unlikely), we're still probably 3-4 years off from at least broad, playable compatibility for PS2, or even Dolphin (again, without using a bunch of speed hacks).

11. Spectral Blizzard

Spectral Blizzard GBATemp's Only Racist Stereotypical Feminist

Banned
    Jun 17, 2017
    United States
    Everywhere
    Holy fucking shit, we're getting it back!

12. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    What bios do you use on this emulator?

13. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I missed this recently, but I gather the free version they finally put out was riddled with ads and broke it?

Really want to test this on my shield tv, if anyone has info please let me know.

14. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    It's currently gone from the Google Play Store.

KiiWii likes this.
  15. player594

player594 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 25, 2006
    United States
    And for good reasons too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

16. haddad

haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2010
    Canada
    Hey guys, I purchased the pro version from the play store and was able to load games and bios on my nvidia sheild tv, but when inside the game my nvidia sheild gamepad controller does not work? any ideas?

17. player594

player594 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 25, 2006
    United States
    Yea. Use the official version. It works fine. It called PCSX2 for PC. This crap is stolen code with (not confirmed) trojan virus in it. Dont bother.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice