Damn you R4 for being popular....

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Harsky, Jan 5, 2008.

Jan 5, 2008
  1. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Got a family friend who... lord knows how... asked me to order an R4 for his young son. I order one from cheapmod.net back when it was still plentiful. Got asked to order another one for his daughter. Also ordered with no problem but the problem is when he wants me to order one for someone else... and the R4 is sold out. Also the ones that aren't sold out are sold for very high prices. I really don't want to buy one of the alternatives but is there another store that can ship to the UK for cheap?

2. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    i just got some r4ds from my supplier, dont know if youre interested?

3. Grimalkin

Member Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Canada
    Or order a DSTT, it's like an R4 but better! Well, it comes with a Rumble and Expansion RAM, and it supports SDHC. That's pretty much it, but on the plus side, it's cheaper than an R4.

4. yuilltide

Newcomer yuilltide Newbie

Canada
    It seems the more I read the less the DSTT is being raved about. I have both and like the ease of use of te r4, I am not into using all of the options, just playing games. I woudl like to find a site that explains how to use the other options (playing movies, mp3's ect.) to dummies.

good luck

5. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
  6. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    yuilltide, in what way is the R4 easier to use? Don't they both work pretty much the same way?

-Bri

7. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    why not try M3 or EZV? M3 is pretty similar to the R4 (i also hear it has a better build quality), and EZV is good too.

8. xJonny

Member xJonny ...

Tell me about it. On some forums which I wont name which is very big and posts deals, financial advice and on offers on stuff in the UK, every talk about anything to do with ds is full of talk about "get the r4" or "get tt for free games, cheap ones at dealextreme.com" its popular because you can drag drop and play.

9. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    A DSTT is NOT like an R4. Better yet an M3 is a clone of the R4. The R4 can out first and since somehow my brother had an M3, i opened my R4+M3, guess what they look EXACTLY

10. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    A DSTT is NOT like an R4. Better yet an M3 is a clone of the R4. The R4 can out first and since somehow my brother had an M3, i opened my R4+M3, guess what they look EXACTLY the same. I'm not the sure about a DSTT but pretty sure the DSTT copied the M3 or R4.

11. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Yah duh. M3 DS Simply and R4DS are the EXACT SAME CART. And the DSTT is like the R4, like Grimalkin said, plus I'm told that it loads pretty fast.