ROM Hack RELEASE [D3Edit] Diablo 3 save editor (GUI Version)

nishikado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
When you say disable emuNAND you're talking about restoring to your clean NAND aren't you? If so won't it be at a lower version than 6.2 which means you'd have to burn fuses to upgrade standard to most recent version to go online? Also, doesn't restoring NAND mess with saves, and such? Finally what does resorting NAND do to nsp you have installed? Does it remove everything?

Sorry, for the questions but like not YouTube videos or sites talk about the restoring nand process and what it does or is needed to go back online.

no i didnt restore anything. i softmod the SX OS with OFW 6.2 and im new. so im not sure what is burn fuse or restoring nand.
I even made a mistake not to make a clean nand backup. but oh well.

Acidburn135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i didnt restore anything. i softmod the SX OS with OFW 6.2 and im new. so im not sure what is burn fuse or restoring nand.
I even made a mistake not to make a clean nand backup. but oh well.

So, you're going online with traces of hacking the switch? Isn't that a surefire way to get detected and banned by Nintendo? From what I understand you basically need to restore your switch to the state before you modded anything otherwise the software left on the system can be detected and sent in logs to nintendo when connecting to the internet.

Concerning burning fuses, it's nintendo's method of preventing downgrading firmware. When you update your firmware normally through Nintendo it burns microscopic fuses. The amount of fuses burned indicate the minimum firmware required for the switch to boot. If your firmware is at 5.0 but you updated naturally to 6.2 the system won't boot, unless you bypass the check process through RCM and Hekate.

nishikado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So, you're going online with traces of hacking the switch? Isn't that a surefire way to get detected and banned by Nintendo? From what I understand you basically need to restore your switch to the state before you modded anything otherwise the software left on the system can be detected and sent in logs to nintendo when connecting to the internet.

Concerning burning fuses, it's nintendo's method of preventing downgrading firmware. When you update your firmware normally through Nintendo it burns microscopic fuses. The amount of fuses burned indicate the minimum firmware required for the switch to boot. If your firmware is at 5.0 but you updated naturally to 6.2 the system won't boot, unless you bypass the check process through RCM and Hekate.

hmm. yeah. im just playing it online with no issue so far.

Reactions: mcecchi

Acidburn135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm. yeah. im just playing it online with no issue so far.
Well, usually they don't ban you immediately Comes in waves. Are others who are using the editor not using a clean NAND and OFW when playing. I didn't think that many people would do something with very high risk of ban.

I think the biggest things I'm misunderstanding if someone can clear it up has to do with NAND & going online. I thought one of the reasons we make a backup of a cleanNAND is so we can restore to it if we want to go online. Is this not the case? Because people are just saying they disabled their emuNAND & use OFW and are able to go online. I thought that would leave traces for Nintendo to detect once we go online if we didn't restore to CleanNAND? Also, in order to go online with OFW we need to be updated to latest version (6.2 currently) in order to do this we need to update our OFW so wouldn't this burn fuses? Or can we use a program to update OFW without burning fuses? Is burning fuses even thst big of a deal?

Last edited by Acidburn135,

Redeemed116

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good evening all, first I would like to thank unixtreme. This is an neat tool. I was able to give my character 9000 to each mat, which is awesome. I don't know if I could go higher but I don't really want to take a chance of the save file becoming corrupt. Then after that I tried adding several items to my character but the items do not appear in the inventory or stash. I already have an Ancient Deathwish, but I wanted to give myself another to reroll it to primal. I also tried to give my character Ramaladni's gift. This also did not appear.

Am I doing something wrong? Would these items appear in the stash or the inventory? I downloaded the latest files from github, the one with the option to add items. Should I be using that one?

Last edited by Redeemed116,

nishikado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, usually they don't ban you immediately Comes in waves. Are others who are using the editor not using a clean NAND and OFW when playing. I didn't think that many people would do something with very high risk of ban.

I think the biggest things I'm misunderstanding if someone can clear it up has to do with NAND & going online. I thought one of the reasons we make a backup of a cleanNAND is so we can restore to it if we want to go online. Is this not the case? Because people are just saying they disabled their emuNAND & use OFW and are able to go online. I thought that would leave traces for Nintendo to detect once we go online if we didn't restore to CleanNAND? Also, in order to go online with OFW we need to be updated to latest version (6.2 currently) in order to do this we need to update our OFW so wouldn't this burn fuses? Or can we use a program to update OFW without burning fuses? Is burning fuses even thst big of a deal?

From the ban report hub. A lot people are fine. I didnt play nsp or xci. Solely checkpoint. And if you want to use this editor,you have to disable emunand. As long as you dont do any game breaking stuff i guess its fine?

Anyway i really cant answer on that fuse stuff. Perhaps you can ask more veteran at the other sections

unixtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
From the ban report hub. A lot people are fine. I didnt play nsp or xci. Solely checkpoint. And if you want to use this editor,you have to disable emunand. As long as you dont do any game breaking stuff i guess its fine?

Anyway i really cant answer on that fuse stuff. Perhaps you can ask more veteran at the other sections
On my switches I was fine until I played an NSP then got banned immediately (pretty stupid thing to do )

unixtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So if you want to play online you can never play a nsp otherwise going online is out of question?
yes, nsps are immediately detected, they detect any installed application, xcis are safer but probably not 100%, and they may detect other things on the SD/logs.

nishikado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
On my switches I was fine until I played an NSP then got banned immediately (pretty stupid thing to do )

oh my. i never wanted to play nsp or xci since i have so many legit games.
Does the switch ever logged a save edit? im very curious given that d3 doesnt have anti-cheat system like how splatoon 2 have.
i am playing seasonal online so far and all is ok

unixtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
oh my. i never wanted to play nsp or xci since i have so many legit games.
Does the switch ever logged a save edit? im very curious given that d3 doesnt have anti-cheat system like how splatoon 2 have.
i am playing seasonal online so far and all is ok

The people I know for a fact playing on ladder with edited saves are ok but don't know if there will be a wave, being blizzard I only suspect bans to people who did absolutely silly stuff, because in a way it's pretty much like playing offline on your switch (as long as you do normal stuff). If you add items and so on that's 1000% detectable (which still doesn't mean they will do anything about it).

nishikado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The people I know for a fact playing on ladder with edited saves are ok but don't know if there will be a wave, being blizzard I only suspect bans to people who did absolutely silly stuff, because in a way it's pretty much like playing offline on your switch (as long as you do normal stuff). If you add items and so on that's 1000% detectable (which still doesn't mean they will do anything about it).

yeah. i still obtain my items legitly. they only thing i did with the editor is the bounty mats editing. not sure if blizzard can detect bounty done count within our save. i try not to edit attributes but reforging. so far so good. anyway keep up the good work! thanks to your GUI editor, its so much simpler

Acidburn135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if we want to continue to play Diablo 3 Online and edit saves we can never install an NSP? If down the road we did is there anyway to remove or restore to previous version to go online again in the future?

nishikado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This is what I meant earlier. I also tried using parralels desktop to emulate windows 10 and run it, still same problem. i probably need a real pc?

yeah. works perfectly on my windows laptop. i just dread taking my gaming laptop out to help my friends. was hoping it would work on my macbook hahaha. but it doesnt work at all

DevilzCY

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah. works perfectly on my windows laptop. i just dread taking my gaming laptop out to help my friends. was hoping it would work on my macbook hahaha. but it doesnt work at all
Thank you for confirmation. I probably need to ask my friend help then

slickpsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the link on page 1 the latest version with the ability to select item (legendary/set)? I have been using the Master version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?