Gaming d2x & Metroid Prime Trilogy?

l3ullseye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well now I'm using 249 base 56 and 250 base 57 :) and apparently everything is OK, I haven't had any freezes since then.

I'm still using USB Loader GX, WiiFlow needs to have two partitions on my drive and I only have FAT32, so now that everything is working I dont think I'm going to re format my drive :P

and dont use d2x installer it is shit it installed the wrong base when i tried to use it. use modmii, go to ios downloads and tell the wiz to dload recommended files and install them with wad manager.
This is the way I did it and I ended up with 249 & 250 base 58 :blink: , so I had to select the files to install manually

Thanks for the help!!!

l3ullseye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is from the Readme.txt
Code:
Installation of WiiFlow on Harddisk
-------------------------------------------
It is necessary to split your Harddisk into at least two partitions to install
WiiFlow on it. One is the WBFS-partition which contains all Wii-Games
and the other is a FAT16- or FAT32-partition and contains the WiiFlow-data.

I dont think this is true if you use an SD card, but because I dont use one I have to split my drive to use WiiFlow :(

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, that must be when only WBFS was usable as a game's partition.
Now you can use FAT32/NTFS/ext234 in Wiiflow/cfg/gx (I suppose ext is working on all three).
I think only Neogamma requires a WBFS partition.

l3ullseye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then, I dont know why but when I put it in my FAT32 hard drive and no SD, it said that it didn't find a WBFS workable partition, and i had to selected, but it didn't let me, so I thought it was because I didn't have two partitions or an SD card.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
you need an sd card for wiiflow to work this is where all the files/configs and data are kept.

Um... No...? All my config files are stored in usb:/wiiflow/
The only thing I got on my SD card for wiiflow is the normal boot.dol, icon.png and meta.xml.

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What works for me without any freezings and a crashes is to directly load mp1, mp2 or mp3 without going to the menu.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you don't need to block the IOS reload to play it, only to select the difficulty.
Then you can launch the game directly without launching the main menu, by selecting the alternate dol to launch (mp1, mp2 or mp3.dol)

I explained how to do it on page1.

Edit:
And like Lucif3r said bellow, you first need to create a save using the main game menu.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
What works for me without any freezings and a crashes is to directly load mp1, mp2 or mp3 without going to the menu.

What?

Instead of booting the game with the normal .dol file, you launch the games directly by launching an alternative dol (I think they are simply called mp1.dol, mp2.dol and mp3.dol)
You still need to launch the main .dol at least once though, to create savegame etc.

Reactions: 1 person

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I've got a bit of a strange issue - it works perfectly in USB Loader GX with d2x v7, all I had to do was tell it to block ios reload, and BAM, perfect. However, it refuses to work in Wiiflow! When I try to load any of the games, it freezes at the "Loading Metroid Prime #" part.

I followed the guide for installing d2x, so it's set up as the wiki suggests. Any ideas here?

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

What?

Instead of booting the game with the normal .dol file, you launch the games directly by launching an alternative dol (I think they are simply called mp1.dol, mp2.dol and mp3.dol)
You still need to launch the main .dol at least once though, to create savegame etc.
Exactly!

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Actually, I've got a bit of a strange issue - it works perfectly in USB Loader GX with d2x v7, all I had to do was tell it to block ios reload, and BAM, perfect. However, it refuses to work in Wiiflow! When I try to load any of the games, it freezes at the "Loading Metroid Prime #" part.

I followed the guide for installing d2x, so it's set up as the wiki suggests. Any ideas here?
Download the latest r417 (there have been several r417's so download it again to be sure - one of the other versions was broken for IOS reloading stuff)
All 3 of MPT work perfectly for me with cIOSx v7b1d, running off HDD configured as per Wiiflowiki.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay