But if you want some advices, it's a pretty good cart, one of the best. There are a lot of useful options (alternate save, RTS, cheats, ingame text). The compatibility with homebrews and comercal games is very good. There are a lot of updates and a decent community (not the best, but still good)
I have a Cyclo DS so I can help. Here's the basics:
- It's a DS Flash Card. You put game roms and the like onto the micro SD card, slot the Cyclo into your DS/Lite (it doesn't work for DSi) and the system believes that the actual games are in there, allowing you to play them for free, essentially.
- Supports plenty of emulators for older systems such as Sega Genesis, SNES, NES, Gameboy Colour, etc.
- It's simple to use, basically just drag and drop the files onto your card, or organise them however you see fit.
- Allows you to watch movies in the right format (dpg) and play music, view images, etc through a program named Moonshell.
- It's a little more costly than your average flash card kit, but to compensate you get solid support from the development team. Example, Pokemon Heart Gold and Sould Silver still do not work on many cards, the Cyclo team released a new firmware which bypasses the game's anti piracy measures.
- Works alongside a Slot 2 expansion card called the EZ Flash 3 in 1 to allow GBA games to work. Cannot play GBA games on its own, but to my knowledge no flash card can.
The Cyclo is a great bit of kit, it's never once let me down. It's one of the best cards money can buy, I highly recommend it.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go break out my Cyclo and play some Soul Silver, then watch a movie on Moonshell. 'cause I can.
Would you say that this CycloDS is EASIER for a beginner than to go and get a flashcard and the other components, or? (Please keep in mind that I'm 36 years old and I know little to nothing about ANYthing of the ROM/emulation/burning/download field.
) A guy that I'm in the midst of a swap with on another site sent me that same link and told me that his currently houses 35 games. How does that aspect work exactly? If I want to harbor more games do I get a whole other CycloDS, or? He is supposed to be sending me a video of himself setting it up and running games, but I have yet to receive it...
So then this is the device I should go for? I have received a LOT of VERY helpful PMs since being here, but everyone seems to have conflicting information.
I'm only wanting to play games, I dont care to watch movies or do any kind of programming or tech stuff. Also, do the ROMs that I get HAVE to be for the GBA/DS or can I add, say, Sega Genesis or SNES ROMs as well? My wife 'burns' us movies and music and soforth using something called 'VUZE', would she be able to get the ROMs as well or is it a vastly different procedure? (Hope I'm allowed to mention that here, if not, sorry!)
Thanks again and any and all info is greatly appreciated!