Hacking CycloDS?

Roussimoff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Someone just told me of this device. Could someone please tell me if its a good product and please explain in simple terms how its used?

thanks so much.
smile.gif

A.R.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Just have a look at CycloDS website : http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/e...yclodsevolution

But if you want some advices, it's a pretty good cart, one of the best. There are a lot of useful options (alternate save, RTS, cheats, ingame text). The compatibility with homebrews and comercal games is very good. There are a lot of updates and a decent community (not the best, but still good)

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Cyclo DS so I can help. Here's the basics:

- It's a DS Flash Card. You put game roms and the like onto the micro SD card, slot the Cyclo into your DS/Lite (it doesn't work for DSi) and the system believes that the actual games are in there, allowing you to play them for free, essentially.
- Supports plenty of emulators for older systems such as Sega Genesis, SNES, NES, Gameboy Colour, etc.
- It's simple to use, basically just drag and drop the files onto your card, or organise them however you see fit.
- Allows you to watch movies in the right format (dpg) and play music, view images, etc through a program named Moonshell.
- It's a little more costly than your average flash card kit, but to compensate you get solid support from the development team. Example, Pokemon Heart Gold and Sould Silver still do not work on many cards, the Cyclo team released a new firmware which bypasses the game's anti piracy measures.
- Works alongside a Slot 2 expansion card called the EZ Flash 3 in 1 to allow GBA games to work. Cannot play GBA games on its own, but to my knowledge no flash card can.

The Cyclo is a great bit of kit, it's never once let me down. It's one of the best cards money can buy, I highly recommend it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go break out my Cyclo and play some Soul Silver, then watch a movie on Moonshell. 'cause I can.
smile.gif

Roussimoff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all of the helpful info.
smile.gif

Would you say that this CycloDS is EASIER for a beginner than to go and get a flashcard and the other components, or? (Please keep in mind that I'm 36 years old and I know little to nothing about ANYthing of the ROM/emulation/burning/download field.
wtf.gif
unsure.gif
) A guy that I'm in the midst of a swap with on another site sent me that same link and told me that his currently houses 35 games. How does that aspect work exactly? If I want to harbor more games do I get a whole other CycloDS, or? He is supposed to be sending me a video of himself setting it up and running games, but I have yet to receive it...

So then this is the device I should go for? I have received a LOT of VERY helpful PMs since being here, but everyone seems to have conflicting information.
wacko.gif
I'm only wanting to play games, I dont care to watch movies or do any kind of programming or tech stuff. Also, do the ROMs that I get HAVE to be for the GBA/DS or can I add, say, Sega Genesis or SNES ROMs as well? My wife 'burns' us movies and music and soforth using something called 'VUZE', would she be able to get the ROMs as well or is it a vastly different procedure? (Hope I'm allowed to mention that here, if not, sorry!)

Thanks again and any and all info is greatly appreciated!
smile.gif

Regards,

A.R.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... the number of games you can have depends on the size of the microSD card you use. Because you need a microSD too on which you'll put the games, then the microSD in Cyclo and Cyclo in the DS.

Sound more complicated than it is, really. The Cyclo interface is very easy too. You'll have a list of games on the card and you choose which you want to play. That's all.

GBA games won't work unless you have a slot2 cart and an original or Lite DS because DSi and DSi XL have no slot 2.

For other systems there are emulators which will work on the Cyclo, but Genesis and SNES are not emulated very well, unfortunately.

I don't know what you mean in the part with "VUZE".

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can mention Vuze as it doesn't host any illegal or warez as it is a Bit torrent client, just remember never to link or refer any where where the actual torrents or roms are and have fun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr